Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

To marvel Tony is the male ideal, he does what they'd like to do. In that sense he isn't a villain to them.

Am I the only one that wished Avengers, and New Avengers didn't do a time jump? I would have loved to see the Illuminati's reaction to Superior Iron Man.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I won't defend some of his actions but it's not like the Avengers are comprised of the most morally sound people either.
    And that makes THIS all right? I don't think so.

Spectacular Member

I have every issue of Iron Man since his debut in Tales of Suspense. I went through some dark days; "Demon in a Bottle", Teen Tony, etc. and never have I been so disgusted by this book as I have been today. The ONLY reason I haven't cancelled this title so far is because I am hoping to see Tony Stark get what's coming to him. And by that I really want to see him hurt as bad as he has hurt the people around him, and as bad as he has hurt me.

Tony is definitely more villainous in Superior Iron Man. No doubt about it. I know this isn't my version of Tony, but I'm enjoying the writing and the art. I think it's a concept I want to see played out with Tony. When a hero goes wrong. Eventually it will go back to Tony being himself. He's been my favorite comic hero since I was 5. I've been through up and downs with the character just as he has been with me in my life's up's and down's. Until Tony returns to his old self. I will enjoy the writing and the art and look forward to see were this team takes Tony next.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-21-2015 at 08:55 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

Let's face facts people. Everyone on the Avengers at one point or another has been an absolute scumbag in one way or another. Tony will be back to normal soon enough no question of that. Want an easy way out though? Current Tony is a fusion of Teen Tony, Reborn Stark and Crossing Evil Ironman. Think of it like the crossing made a comeback but this time tolerable by comparison.

Tony being a drug pusher though? I would be absolutely for Extremis if it meant I didn't have to deal with any of my health issues for a few days. If Extremis existed imagine using that to save someone you loved? Sure it costs a lot but that can make or break someone. Like if they had been in the midst of a heart attack they could get to the hospital themselves! Even if it is being abused by the users Tony has potentially saved lives with this. Your telling me you would turn down a miracle drug? Like no one should attempt to use this?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Let's face facts people. Everyone on the Avengers at one point or another has been an absolute scumbag in one way or another. Tony will be back to normal soon enough no question of that. Want an easy way out though? Current Tony is a fusion of Teen Tony, Reborn Stark and Crossing Evil Ironman. Think of it like the crossing made a comeback but this time tolerable by comparison.

Tony being a drug pusher though? I would be absolutely for Extremis if it meant I didn't have to deal with any of my health issues for a few days. If Extremis existed imagine using that to save someone you loved? Sure it costs a lot but that can make or break someone. Like if they had been in the midst of a heart attack they could get to the hospital themselves! Even if it is being abused by the users Tony has potentially saved lives with this. Your telling me you would turn down a miracle drug? Like no one should attempt to use this?
    The problem with EXTREMIS is that you have to keep paying for it to keep any benefits, at $100 per day. If you quit paying, Extremis quits working. And I'll bet there is no insurance that will pay for it. We also don't know what side effects there are. And it looks to me like Stark might have put something into Extremis to keep users wanting more, to "hook" them ( I wouldn't put it past him.). If it was available right now how many people do you know who could afford it? And would you really take it knowing that at some point you would be back to what you were before? I'm not so sure that I would.

Looks like there's no room for even one shade of grey for some people here, let alone 50.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    so many people are afraid to come right out and say, straight up, that someone is evil.
    What's "evil" can be quite subjective.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Looks like there's no room for even one shade of grey for some people here, let alone 50.

Of course it can. Morality, I think, is a very wide spectrum upon which we all fall, somewhere on the continuum. Maybe on one end of that spectrum is, say, Hitler. On the other, Gandhi. It just seems to me that behavior described above falls quite clearly on the 'evil' side. I will correct one thing, though. It's best to call "behavior" evil, not individual people. In this case, I think this behavior can easily be categorized as such. The people behind the behavior may well be mentally unbalanced.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Quoting from the article itself:

"He simply believes he's right, to the exclusion of all else. His thinking has gotten colder, he lacks empathy for his fellow man, and, while he's not a puppy-blinder, his actions are certainly damaging lives. "

Who DOESN'T think this describes someone who is evil? That's what evil IS, believing you are right, "to the exclusion of all else". Hell, Satan thought he was "right", so did Hitler and Bin Laden. "Lacks empathy for his fellow man". That could apply to those 'gentlemen', too.

It's disturbing to me how in this morally ambiguous atmosphere we find ourselves in today regarding comics (and some of it is a healthy trend, but it goes too far), so many people are afraid to come right out and say, straight up, that someone is evil.

Bravo. Tony is pure villain in this. Its a great read , but I wonder is Taylor wanting to avoid the villain label so not alienate fans. This Tony Stark is not grey.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Bravo. Tony is pure villain in this. Its a great read , but I wonder is Taylor wanting to avoid the villain label so not alienate fans. This Tony Stark is not grey.
    This Tony Stark is a rather ruthless social Darwinist. The latest issue pretty clearly explains his thinking.

The people who can't afford Extremis are going to have to "work harder" in order to be able to afford it. Since he's abolished crime (as far as he can see)
    that only leaves everybody busting thier asses harder. Which he sees as a good thing.

This Stark is clearly a fuigitive in the Hickman Avengers books so he could only have pulled this all this off during the six month gap. Before Old Steve was given the
    reins of SHIELD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    I have every issue of Iron Man since his debut in Tales of Suspense. I went through some dark days; "Demon in a Bottle", Teen Tony, etc. and never have I been so disgusted by this book as I have been today. The ONLY reason I haven't cancelled this title so far is because I am hoping to see Tony Stark get what's coming to him. And by that I really want to see him hurt as bad as he has hurt the people around him, and as bad as he has hurt me.
    I want those bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post

Not if you are one of the victims of evil.

I don't even think Tony is a villain in this a scumbag sure. A villain wouldn't save Daredevil who had been pestering him.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Tom Taylor explains why an inverted Tony Stark isn't a villain, casting Pepper Potts as Iron Man's most dangerous opponent and more.

Full article here.
    In a sense this is as bad as trying to justify genocide in the Avengers comics as somehow heroic rather than heinous. Superior Tony is total scum and trash but a lot of fun to read about as a result so I am okay with it. Just don't expect anyone to adjudge this amoral ******* a hero or try to justify him. Frankly, if your moral compass is so far off true as to see this tin can wearing putz as a hero, then you don't know what a hero is anymore and aren't fit to write heroic tales. Take a few minutes to consult with Stan Lee. One of the core properties of being a classic super hero is having the ability to solve problems above and beyond the capabilities of others without having to dirty your hands. You can catch the bad guy without killing some one. You can save the world without destroying some one else's. It's why they are heroes rather than Dirty Joe Blow over there. It's why you are a super hero because you can do what ordinary people can't and do it without the grim costs. If you can't then take off the costume because we don't need another thrill seeking psychopath or attention seeking whore mucking up the world, we have enough of those for real.

Of course, to be honest the classic superhero is dead because people forgot how to make them fun in stories and feel they must be so boring and just can't relate to such idealism in a world grown decadent and depraved. It is what it is. Thrill seeking psychopaths and attention seeking whores are easier to write, relate too, and often end up with the catchiest art anyway. Let thine comics be fun.

LOL I shut up over here.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?