Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I don't even think Tony is a villain in this a scumbag sure. A villain wouldn't save Daredevil who had been pestering him.
    There are different levels of villain. Not wanting to see your friend die doesn't make you a good guy just means you like your friend.

Fantastic Member

I actually enjoyed this series . To bad it ended on issue 9 .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    In a sense this is as bad as trying to justify genocide in the Avengers comics as somehow heroic rather than heinous. Superior Tony is total scum and trash but a lot of fun to read about as a result so I am okay with it. Just don't expect anyone to adjudge this amoral ******* a hero or try to justify him. Frankly, if your moral compass is so far off true as to see this tin can wearing putz as a hero, then you don't know what a hero is anymore and aren't fit to write heroic tales. Take a few minutes to consult with Stan Lee. One of the core properties of being a classic super hero is having the ability to solve problems above and beyond the capabilities of others without having to dirty your hands. You can catch the bad guy without killing some one. You can save the world without destroying some one else's. It's why they are heroes rather than Dirty Joe Blow over there. It's why you are a super hero because you can do what ordinary people can't and do it without the grim costs. If you can't then take off the costume because we don't need another thrill seeking psychopath or attention seeking whore mucking up the world, we have enough of those for real.

Of course, to be honest the classic superhero is dead because people forgot how to make them fun in stories and feel they must be so boring and just can't relate to such idealism in a world grown decadent and depraved. It is what it is. Thrill seeking psychopaths and attention seeking whores are easier to write, relate too, and often end up with the catchiest art anyway. Let thine comics be fun.

LOL I shut up over here.
    Solid post. (Amongst a few others.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony is definitely more villainous in Superior Iron Man. No doubt about it. I know this isn't my version of Tony, but I'm enjoying the writing and the art. I think it's a concept I want to see played out with Tony. When a hero goes wrong. Eventually it will go back to Tony being himself. He's been my favorite comic hero since I was 5. I've been through up and downs with the character just as he has been with me in my life's up's and down's. Until Tony returns to his old self. I will enjoy the writing and the art and look forward to see were this team takes Tony next.
    I admire your dedication my brotha.

I dedicate a toast to the return of the real Tony Stark in the hopefully not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I admire your dedication my brotha.

I dedicate a toast to the return of the real Tony Stark in the hopefully not too distant future.
    Thanks brotha! Glad to see you back around. You have been greatly missed!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I actually enjoyed this series . To bad it ended on issue 9 .
    And with no closure as to what Pepper was going to do to counter and expose him now that she knew he couldn't be saved because he didn't want to be saved.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 10-05-2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Had to quote the post I was replying to.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Taylot is ridicules but it doesn't surprise me it fit what Marvel done in the last few months/years

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And with no closure as to what Pepper was going to do to counter and expose him now that she knew he couldn't be saved because he didn't want to be saved.
    I know what was up with that ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    I know what was up with that ?
    Timing issues, most probably. Secret Wars had already started by the time SIM 3( came out, so he was probably told to wrap it up.

Was there ever any closure on how Iron has presumably gone back to his normal self? I wouldnt expect it to ever be referenced again in BMB's run so I was hoping there was some something that would explain how regular Tony is back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EdBrock87 View Post
    Was there ever any closure on how Iron has presumably gone back to his normal self? I wouldnt expect it to ever be referenced again in BMB's run so I was hoping there was some something that would explain how regular Tony is back.
    Nope, not yet anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Inverted Tony isn't a villain?

Yeah right, sending Ultimo who could kill thousands of peopleto Greece is such a heroic move.
    Tony shouldn't send Ultimo to kill us.
    Our politicians have made a much better job at it!
    (BTW, in which issue did it happened?)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Tony shouldn't send Ultimo to kill us.
    Our politicians have made a much better job at it!
    (BTW, in which issue did it happened?)
    Captain America & the Mighty Avengers #3. AXIS tie-in issue. Used as a means to distract the other heaviest hitter of the Mighty Avengers team (Blue Marvel) and give the Inverted Avengers more of an edge.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Thanks!