BANNED

Default How Will "Last Days" Affect Spider-Man?

One of the many series coming out in the wake of Secret Wars will be "Last Days", where the heroes of 616, faced with the end of everything they know, wrestle with what to do with the remaining hours they have.

Read Here

How will 616 Peter act? Give his entire business stock away to the needy? Visit Aunt May and Jameson Snr? Have one last chat with MJ? Stay vigil by the grave of the Stacys or Uncle Ben?
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 01-21-2015 at 11:20 AM.

As a small correction, it's not a mini-series. It's described as a branding, and a branded group of series.

So it's entirely possible that there will be a specific Spider-Man: Last Days story, either a mini-series or in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

If there is a Last Days mini for Spider-Man, they may as well have another .Point series out and make Renew Your Vows a monthly

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Given that Aunt May lives in Queens I do wonder if they would do a Peter and Aunt May story. But I suspect the non Manhattan heroes should also get a look in. Might not even be 616 exclusive, Miles might have something too.

BANNED

Last Days is before Secret Wars. Sounds like tie-in stuff. I imagine it'll be a way to introduce newer creative teams ahead of the relaunch.

Last Days for Ultimate Universe or 616?

BANNED

The thing is, this is just one of three different brandings, and I imagine they'll divide books up based on which branding fits a book or character more. I'll wait and see what the other two brandings are.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Last Days for Ultimate Universe or 616?
    Both apparently.

EDIT: Although this Last Days refers to 616 perhaps?

BANNED

Well, the Ultimate Universe book is literally called "The End", so chances are that it might be counted as a "Last Days" book.

Maybe Last Days is for books set in the present, and stories involving potential futures such as Future Imperfect and a possible MC2 story would be under one of the other brandings?

I bet all may books will be dealing with the end of the world since it was said SW 1 was dealing with the final incursion

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

My theory is that 'Last Days' will run on certain books in the first few weeks of May and be the prequel for Secret Wars #2 where Battleworld kicks off proper. Then the other two brands will likely be for during the event and afterwards, whether Battleworld survives or a new merged Marvel Universe appears.

BANNED

Actually, it sounds like Last Days and the newly announced Battleworld branding will run concurrently, so it might be something like Last Days is about books that get caught in the crossfire of Battleworld. I'm sure that the third branding will be announced tomorrow, and then we can maybe make guesses.

All I really know... is that I am going to be spending a lot of money...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

If Secret Wars is going to be 8 issues that comes out twice a month then it runs from May-August. How will this affect ASM?

My guess is ASM #'s 19 (May) and 20 (June) will have the 'Last Days' banner across the top. Remember, Conway's "Spiral" story ends in ASM # 20.1.

Then, ASM #'s 21 & 22 (July) and 23 & 24 (Aug) will have the 'Battleworld' banner and feature the Spider-Man from the "Renew Your Vows" teaser. Then, ASM #'s 25 & 26 (Sep) will have the 'Warzones' banner and wraps up Secret Wars for Spidey and ends this volume of ASM with the creation of a new status quo and Marvel Universe.

That's 8 issues tied in to Secret Wars. Not to mention there will probably be a few mini-series as well (the return of Spider-Island).
    Last edited by JGC; 01-24-2015 at 09:23 PM.

- Jason G. Carr