Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Woman #3 Spoilers and Discussion

This issue got lost in the release of Scarlet Spiders, Team-UP and Amazing, but still provides nice tidbits.

Pretty much this issue shows the more elaborated moments for Cindy and Jessica.
    Cindy Moon has more dialogue in the radioactive world, then cuts to Jessica having to get out of Morlun's date. Jessica escapes, punches a classic character who works as a security guard for Morlun. Jessica then found the Master Weaver, who went into a more in-depth explanation of his role and what not. Then plays into Jessica sending the scrolls, leaving the castle, and then teaming up with Spider-Gwen and Silk on the pirate boat.

Greg Land's art was what you'd expect for most of the issue, but Hopeless really saves the book with his dialogue.
    The whole Morlun and Jessica date was priceless.

This has been the best issue so far. Really good, but a shame it was essentially stuff we've already seen in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    This has been the best issue so far. Really good, but a shame it was essentially stuff we've already seen in other books.
    Yeah, I really liked this one the most out of the Spider-Woman series so far. So much Jessica drew. So great.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

Pretty much. Land's art is not bad at all either. I think if the book had come out earlier it would have helped since plot points in it were done either by other tie-ins or by ASM itself.

Also, seemed like passive dig at Spider-Gwen this issue or was just meta commentary that happened.

Amazing Member

At first read through, it's a pretty weak issue because most of these scenes have been depicted in other books, the opening scene with Morlun was great though. Rereading it with the first two issues I'm much more satisfied, loved the scene where Loomworld Jess is on the boat with the pirate outfit and the cameo by Loomworld MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Also, seemed like passive dig at Spider-Gwen this issue or was just meta commentary that happened.
    Could you be more specific? I'm not sure to what part are you referring. Is it the "you suck the cool out of everything"?

Only possible dig in there but she also digged Silk so just who Jessica is

I love this book. I am enjoying the whole event but this is becoming my favorite marvel title. Can't wait to see what he does with it after Spider Verse is over

Could you be more specific? I'm not sure to what part are you referring. Is it the "you suck the cool out of everything"?
    "Did I mention I like the mouthy pink one?"
    "Everyone does"

I'm just guessing
    Last edited by Mwriteword; 01-21-2015 at 04:44 PM.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

Another really good issue. I'm enjoying this series a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens after Spider-Verse.

Like others have said, the only downside was that I kept feeling like I'd seen a lot of this already between the preview pages I'd seen, and today's ASM and even ASM #12. I think it could have benefited from being released last week. (as could SS #3 which I haven't read yet, but there was a big spoiler for it in ASM.)

Anyways to end on a positive, I thought the dialog was great here, and I even liked the art. I haven't read much with Greg Lands art, but I've heard a lot of bad things, which I have seen the proof of, but I think overall it's been good in this book.

Huge Mary Jane fan but for some reason Jessica punching out loomworld Mary was the highlight

Quote Originally Posted by Mwriteword View Post
    "Did I mention I like the mouthy pink one?"
    "Everyone does"

I'm just guessing
    Yep, that's the part I'm referring to. Sorry for not being clear. Just seemed kind of odd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Huge Mary Jane fan but for some reason Jessica punching out loomworld Mary was the highlight
    I was well prepared to use the Naked Gun facepalm when I read this, but just took a gander at it myself, and...yeah, I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Yep, that's the part I'm referring to. Sorry for not being clear. Just seemed kind of odd.
    Lol, i thought it was funny. If I remember correctly, this is the second time they've referenced Spider-Gwen's immense popularity IRL. The first one was in ASM#9 or ASM#10, whichever was her next appearance after EOSV#2. Her introduction bubble said "Gwen Stacy, Spider-Woman. Your new favorite". I just think they like trolling us with meta humor.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post

Greg Land's art was what you'd expect for most of the issue, but Hopeless really saves the book with his dialogue.
    The whole Morlun and Jessica date was priceless.
    I don't think Land is that bad, I love how he renders the architecture and weapons, I have a problem with the bright coloring this issue, but that's also my problem with spiderverse in general

how much longer before spider-woman genuinely has her own adventures?