Super Moderator

Default Barrowman Lobbies to Write "Arrow" Spinoff Comic

In an interview with CBR, "Doctor Who" alum John Barrowman expressed his desire to write a comic starring his "Arrow" character.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

I would be perfectly okay with this. Though I don't know much about Barrowman as a writer, I'd love to see Merlyn get further explored, even in comic form, since he is still pretty mysterious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I would be perfectly okay with this. Though I don't know much about Barrowman as a writer, I'd love to see Merlyn get further explored, even in comic form, since he is still pretty mysterious.
    Yeah, seems like a pretty low risk to me, to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I agree
    I've read his work with the touchwood comics and although it wasn't amazing it wasn't aweful either so I'd definitely be up for whatever else he wants to try out

He should totally do that. Best character on the show!

Astonishing Member

DC really ought to take him up on this and use it to promote the Arrow 2.5 comic they have tied into the series. Run an ad or two during the series about seeing more Malcolm Merlin action from Barrowman online or something.

Thing I'd worry about is, how much can be explored, that the show would otherwise explore, or want to, in flash backs, or present day?

Me, I'd love a Deathstroke comic, with Bennet, maybe Berlanti, or Kreisberg, supervising, same continuity, but worry about restrictions, like, how much would the show want to explore, and deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Thing I'd worry about is, how much can be explored, that the show would otherwise explore, or want to, in flash backs, or present day?

Me, I'd love a Deathstroke comic, with Bennet, maybe Berlanti, or Kreisberg, supervising, same continuity, but worry about restrictions, like, how much would the show want to explore, and deal with.
    Setting it in the past and showing how he received his training and how he set up tempest could avoid the problems you talked about since i see them as moving forward with the show rather really going in depth on past arcs unless it affects the future.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-22-2015 at 01:58 PM.