Page 333 of 337 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337 LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 5046
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I still need to read Secret Wars, but I have all these stupid ideas.
    For example, I’m determined to finish the stuff I’ve already started (all of X-13, and a lot of Rogue and Gambit), but I also want to read the entirety of Hickman’s Avengers run, as well as New Avengers, and then go through Secret Wars chronologically, as in, all of Battleworld.
    Also, I’m reading the entirety of 616 chronologically except for the westerns and Stone Age barbarians, so only every other comic is a modern one.

I wasn't too thrilled with the annual, but the latest 2-in-1 was great, I love chaotic good Doom.

I wish there were more comic conventions in Perth, we just had our only major one, I wore my David8 jumpsuit. I think next year I will be Ahkmenrah from Night at the Museum because I've been working on that costume for far too long. But I've also got plans to cosplay as Agent Venom and Doom and Ozymandias. Too many costumes, not enough excuses to wear them! Oh and here's my instagram if you want to follow my costume builds. https://www.instagram.com/courtney.coulson.prime/

Gambit: While that is a lot of reading, I did find it very rewarding to read most of Hickman's work leading up to Secret Wars. Everything ties together well, he's good at balancing so many elements over the long run.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I really think it was an amazing body of work, going all the way back to his Fantastic Four mini-series Fantastic Four: Dark Reign. He first has Reed build the Bridge back in this series IIRC and this would play a big part in his Fantastic Four arc with the Council of Reeds.

I know, I’ve read Infinity and some of the others, which are excellent, but I REALLY WANNA READ SECRET WARS ALREADY

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Secret Wars was amazing. It had its issues, but it's definitely the best Marvel event of the decade.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I know, I’ve read Infinity and some of the others, which are excellent, but I REALLY WANNA READ SECRET WARS ALREADY
    Actually, SECRET WARS has already been released in TPB Format and your probably can order this @ LCS or your regular Bookstore in your area........

I'm thinking of sculpting a bust of Doom, I've not found a statue I like or that isn't crazy big or expensive. I'm not sure what I will be basing it on yet, I like this (by Romita), very simple, perfect irritated expression and it will be fun to replicate that pointillism on a sculpture. But any other suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by Coulson; 06-30-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Actually, SECRET WARS has already been released in TPB Format and your probably can order this @ LCS or your regular Bookstore in your area........

Look at my post at the top of the page.
    I can read it any time I want, I’m just determined to do some other things first.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulson View Post
    I'm thinking of sculpting a bust of Doom, I've not found a statue I like or that isn't crazy big or expensive. I'm not sure what I will be basing it on yet, I like this (by Romita), very simple, perfect irritated expression and it will be fun to replicate that pointillism on a sculpture. But any other suggestions are welcome.
    That panel from Iron Man #149 is a good choice to start out with.....I'll post a few other sources of inspiration you could use..

This one is from Jim Lee's Heroes Reborn Doom

This one is by Tom Grummett and was in the Fantastic Four 'Nuff Said issue that had no dialogue. I also bought this page from the artist some time back. Doom looks really annoyed in this one too

I also think this one would make an interesting pose for a bust

Thanks! Those are definitely some great poses, I wasn't sure what I would be doing with the arms, but now I have some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That panel from Iron Man #149 is a good choice to start out with.....I'll post a few other sources of inspiration you could use..

This one is from Jim Lee's Heroes Reborn Doom

I like this one the best; great art! After reading the story in MTIO; I would like a Doom series (even if just a mini), that explored his youth all the way up to his first meeting with the FF /was his armor green then, or was that just the cover?/. With the right writer, I think Doom could sustain his own series; maybe have the story line be Doom defeating other villains or entities that had a chance to threaten his role as the number 1 bad guy.

You sure can't go wrong with Jim Lee. I don't know if Marvel has anyone right now who is in his league. His version of classic Doom is one of the best of the modern era

First congrats for all the projects of scripture and cosplay! They are all great!

And nice choice of suggestions for the bust, Iron Maiden... Not surprising... The page from the silent FF issue is great! What a collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I like this one the best; great art! After reading the story in MTIO; I would like a Doom series (even if just a mini), that explored his youth all the way up to his first meeting with the FF /was his armor green then, or was that just the cover?/. With the right writer, I think Doom could sustain his own series; maybe have the story line be Doom defeating other villains or entities that had a chance to threaten his role as the number 1 bad guy.
    Mantis Dad, I agree with everything. A Doom solo is sustainable of course. And there are still many stories to write about Doom's childhood and youth. I hope you have read already Brubaker's Books of Doom. It's a wonderful mini and one of the best take on the character imho.

(Also I have to add that it's a pleasure to read your posts here and there. And it's not without emotion that I write an answer to Mantis Girl's father... We miss her so much... 'Nuff Said...)
    Last edited by Abe; 07-02-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    First congrats for all the projects of scripture and cosplay! They are all great!

And nice choice of suggestions for the bust, Iron Maiden... Not surprising... The page from the silent FF issue is great! What a collection!

Mantis Dad, I agree with everything. A Doom solo is sustainable of course. And there are still many stories to write about Doom's childhood and youth. I hope you have read already Brubaker's Books of Doom. It's a wonderful mini and one of the best make on the character imho.

(Also I have to add that it's a pleasure to read your posts here and there. And it's not without emotion that I write an answer to Mantis Girl's father... We miss her so much... 'Nuff Said...)
    Yes, I think anyone that visited Namor's thread or her "Open Mike" thread really misses her contributions here. We are all glad to see Mantis Girl's father posting.

I will second the recommendation to Books of Doom. IMO it was refreshing to see Chip Zdardsky use Victor's father for the story about his childhood. So many writers forget that the death of his father triggered a lot of the rage. I hope we do see more of that. The only thing that bothered me is that it was left up to the reader to figure out if young Victor killed the beggar. I hope not. In my head canon, his father stops him. His parents seems to represent the opposite end of the spectrum in that his mother was going to take revenge on those who oppressed their tribe using more drastic means. His father was more passive and preferred not to take that path. He lead the family/tribe but he would never lead them to battle. That was not his way. Both of them failed in making their lives any better. But from a very early age, Victor showed a preference for taking the fight to their oppressors. His father's death propelled him even further down that path.

Coulson: I am glad you can make some use of the Doom pix for your work. What medium to you plan to use? Do you do sketches before you sculpt?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-02-2018 at 08:45 AM.

I'm getting a Latverian flag for my birthday.