Page 309 of 337 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 5046
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Abe. Teasing us with his earlier time zone release of Wednesday's comics. ;p

The 99 cent Comixology sale has Waid's Avengers with Doom joining. Does Waid treat Doom right? Or is it Doom trashing like in his FF run?
    Since Waid had a co-writer on this, he probably passed on doing the Doom scenes. He never liked Doom having a touch of nobility.

MTIO

Zdarsky is Marvel exclusive and annuals for his books have been announced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wow.... thanks for posting that cover and Zdarsky signed it as the artist. I didn't know he that he also can draw. I have a suspicion that it looks like Infamous Iron Man will be working with Johnny and Ben until Reed and Sue come back.

I enjoyed this month's issue of MTIO. spoilers:
    But damn, Victor needs to go on a diet or something if he ate the entire universe faster than Galactus ever did.
    end of spoilers The cover for issue #6 indicates we will see Infamous Doom show up at some point. I wonder if Galactus/Doom starts to look at invading the MU to continue his feasting. It will be interesting to see a Infamous Iron Man/Galactus Doom confrontation.

Just bumping up the thread to say that I should probably spend my time here commenting that interesting issue and that nice cover rather than losing my time elsewhere on silly threads....
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

This is true. In the meantime, I missed this cool Doom cover from the May solicitations with a Kris Anka cover. The classic armors suggests either time travel or a Doombot. There's been some strays showing up sometimes.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-18-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Just bumping up the thread to say that I should probably spend my time here commenting that interesting issue and that nice cover rather than losing my time elsewhere on silly threads....
    I know what you mean. ;p

And people wonder why Appreciation Threads, also known as Troll Free Zones, are so popular.

These covers are great! Very curious to see Reed's hands restraining Doom.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

And it works the buy one get one free sale if you add marvel18 code to the cart so you can get both volumes of infamous ironman for $3.99

BANNED

Thanks for the link Winter_fury. This sale was the excuse I needed to pick-up some of those less impressive Doom stories to complete my collection on ComiXology. So I ended up grabbing The Private War of Doctor Doom, Ultimate Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom & the Masters of Evil.

Overall ComiXology has a really great collection of Doom books. The only noticeable absence at this point is Doom 2099, which is a shame since that run in the original 2099 universe is my favour iteration of Doom ever. Good thing I still have all my physical Doom 2099 issues!

No problem i really wanted to partake in this sale but i spend my budget on the 0.99 sale.

Wow.... thanks for the alert. I will be checking this out!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This is true. In the meantime, I missed this cool Doom cover from the May solicitations with a Kris Anka cover. The classic armors suggests either time travel or a Doombot. There's been some strays showing up sometimes.

Well....it wouldn't be the first time that the runaways dealt aginst a Doombot...!!!

I'll finally comment that cover... quoting the solicits that answer my question ( so many Reeds...)

No spoiler tag... ok?

MARVEL 2-IN-ONE ANNUAL #1
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • Declan Shalvey (A)
    Cover by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Variant Cover by PYEONG JUN PARK
    THE THING AND THE INFAMOUS IRON MAN – UNRAVELING THE SECRETS OF SECRET WARS!
    There is but one place in the Multiverse where VICTOR VON DOOM holds no sway. A spot where even DOOM can be judged and tamed. A place that houses…THE COUNCIL OF REEDS. Can Doom escape with his life in order to save BEN & JOHNNY?
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Also :
    MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #7
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    “NEXT OF KIN” BEGINS!
    Powerless and lost, Ben and Johnny fight for their survival in the wasteland ruled by … THE SPIDER. But will the Spider destroy them first…or will the shocking revelations?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I was a bit confused by the MTIO annual since I thought all of the members of the Council of Reeds were dead except for the two who were forced into becoming the new Supreme Intelligence. I guess you can't keep a good idea down. And we did see Fraction revive a version of the Parliament of Doom in his Fantastic Four.

On the subject of Reeds, I think Bendis really missed the boat in not having the real Maker in Infamous Iron Man. I would rather have seen him as Doom's opponent instead of Mephisto.