Page 299 of 337 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 5046

It could be him! It wouldn't be the first time we'd see Byrne in space in a FF comics.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It appears to be, Abe.

I can't make out who the other armored figure is but he almost reminds me of the Trapster.
    I think Abe is right about Johnny in scaphander.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Haven't checked in on Maleev's twitter in a while. Here's a panel he posted last month and he says it's from Invincible Iron Man 597

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well that is pretty.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I hope that scene is set outdoor and not in a cold chamber...

And it's pretty indeed. I will miss Maleev when he'll stop working on Victor. His take on the character will be remembered fondly! I wouldn't mind for a few more months or years...

I'm glad that M2i1 seems to featured adventures in space with Victor, Johnny and Ben. I hope that he will be still involved in the story when they will go in full multiversal mode.

For a single panel, it is kind of a stunner. If I may speculate I think what makes artists like Maleev and Ribic stand out is they create their work in the manner of painters. IIRC is doing his own coloring in these panels.

The palette being mostly cool colors it does look a bit wintery.

The cover for Marvel Two in One now has dialogue

Found another tweet from Maleev

Stay Alex! Just find another writer for Victor and keep drawing a Doom solo book!

(Also good to know that Bendis' health is going better)

I haven't seen your post with the M2i1 cover, Iron Maiden. It made me smile. I'm confident that we'll get some good pages in it.

You'd think Marvel will have taken note of the fact that Infamous Iron Man was a pretty reliable seller. Other titles are ongoing with a lesser rank on Diamond. Even if it's not an ongoing I feel like there's more to tell about how Victor tries to fit in with the post SW world.

Of course, we don't know yet what Bendis has planned for his last issue of Invincible Iron Man. Will Victor continue down this path? If the big finish is the return of Tony Stark, then I can't see him continue as Infamous Iron Man. I wouldn't mind him keeping the new look but have a few more touches that is reminiscent of the classic armor. I think it would translate very well to the movies.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-22-2018 at 11:46 AM.

BANNED

Infamous Iron Man was honestly a pretty good seller. Admist all the <20k titles, it held its own at ~30k, despite a misleading name and no promotion. Not to mention it did visibly better at Digital Sales. Fact of the matter is, if Marvel wanted, they could have a Doom ongoing on the shelves. DC's Deathstroke, a character who's appeared on multiple, well-known, TV Shows, ended up falling to ~15k, but DC still let Priest finish his story (I think its ending with #29, but we'll know for certain today, with the solicits). The fact that a Doom title, without a Doom name, sold that good, despite Doom never being popular with the GA, means there is a market.

And honestly, it's baffling to me how a character who's a Scientist Wizard Leader-Of-A-Nation doesn't have a title, when we have about 70 New York Vigilantes...

PS: I was thinking back to assigning animals to characters,and I retract my statement. Victor as a Lion is more fitting,instead of a wolf. The brown eyes and fact that Latveria still, technically, falls under Southern Europe, make more thematic sense than a wolf. Plus, it'd be a nice callback to that time he killed a lion while naked (thank goodness he didn't have some 10" monsterdong dangling there, otherwise he'd have lost the whole thing) in the Counter-Earth Mini.

PS2: Beautiful picture from Maleev as well. Tumblr hates the design of Non!Scarred Doom, but personally I like it. I can appreciate the old-school "demigod" design, but him being "weary and tired" in a way if fitting. If it were up to me, I'd bring back the Marquez design but with the Byrne era hair. I'm a sucker for the parted side-ways "wave". But Tumblr hates it due to the skin, which is too white. Then again they headcanon Doom as borderline black and it IS Tumblr so who cares but... eh. Gary Oldman recently said he'd like to join the MCU, and while I think he'd make a great Doom, you bet your buttocks they'd throw a hissy fit. Nevermind that we had a consistent design for close to 6 decades... Personally, Marvel's problem was in naming them Romani instead of the vague "Gypsy". Irish Travellers are Gypsies for example, and they're still ethnically and genetically Irish, just Nomads. Hell, even my dad's folks have been called Gypsies in the past, due to being from a line of Nomads. It's too broad a term. I've got a pal from Mexico who's half Spanish Gypsy, and he looks like the average white Latino. Tumblr has a weird fascination with skintones...

And Hell, folks do forget that he spents 24/7 inside an armor. He'd realistically be pale as the moon, like Waid pointed out:

Last edited by Techno_Knight; 01-22-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Hmm... Need to check that...

I need more to be able to make a sure statement...

It appears that you're perfectly right, Techno_Knight.

1. Doom can sustain an ongoing.

2. The lion fits perfectly with the character.

And I'm pretty sure that Naked Doom could be a selling title!
    Last edited by Abe; 01-22-2018 at 12:04 PM.

It's so good that I have to post the following pages.

Victor's monologue is perfect in this one :

(Also I realize for the first time that this story share a few similiraties with Rulah the jungle goddess origin story... Sorry! One of my favourite stories featuring Matt Baker's art...)

The final page :

One could also notice the tone of Vic's skin btw

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    It appears that you're perfectly right, Techno_Knight.

1. Doom can sustain an ongoing.
    Well, to be fair, we knew that since Doom 2099, but markets have changed.

2. The lion fits perfectly with the character.
    Yeah, upon thinking about it some more, that's what I figured. To be honest, I always like Ultimate Latveria a bit more. It wasn't such a cliche, and it had a certain "uniqueness". Plus, adding a Lion Sculpt on top of the Golden Clasps with some detail around it would make for a good update if they bring the classic costume back. It needs some reworking.

Btw I guess that Naked Doom could be a selling title!
    I think that's more fitting for Reed and his actual, pardon the language, Titanic Cock. You know, stretching powers and all (plus that scan from Waid's run I think with Sue commenting on his "abillities"). Maybe that's why Vic hates him so much, on some level. Dick Issues are the #1 confidence issues in men, and someone as neurotic and self-hating as Victor would go absolutely nuts over the idea that Reed completely obliterates him in that regard. And judging from the pic above, which is the only canon scan of naked Doom (there's Doomwar, but he's not shown from the front) it doesn't look as if he's packing that much heat.

BANNED

It's so good that I have to post the following pages.

Victor's monologue is perfect in this one :

(Also I realize for the first time that this story share a few similiraties with Rulah the jungle goddess origin story... Sorry! One of my favourite stories featuring Matt Baker's art...)

The final page :

It is a pretty great page and an insight on the fact that "Doom" is, at this point, more of a seperate persona than the actual Victor.

One could also notice the tone of Vic's skin btw
    It's noticeably swarthier than most versions (see the original Secret Wars or Byrne's F4), but to be fair, he's under the African Sun without any sunblock. Even I, who am pretty pale for Med standards, can tan pretty easily. Still, even if that was his skintone, it's "Standard Med". Tumblr draws him completely brown (we're talking Storm levels), and it's just too much of a drastic difference to me, after 6 decades.

He shouldn't look like a Nord, but neither like a native Indian (from India, not Native American). The ship has sailed for that now. Which is why even though I like Mads, I'd prefer someone a bit more "Southerner". Kinda left field choice, but if it wasn't for his height, Justin Theroux would've made an awesome Doom. He's part Italian, French & English, and even has the slightly curly hair and brown eyes. He was exceptional in Leftovers and really delivered on some very demanding scenes. Plus, he's built... So for a role that's based on facial acting and voice, I think he'd be pretty great.
    Last edited by Techno_Knight; 01-22-2018 at 12:29 PM.