Page 37 of 337 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Looking forward to both of them. Did you notice how they still didn't add the dialog to the NA #24 preview. Must be pretty spoilery. I wouldn't mind if they did that more often.
    In the Time Runs Out thread, they had screenshot of Breevort saying that it was done on purpose that way. Seems to indicate that will be the norm for the rest of Hickman's story.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That is probably a good practice for everything to do with Hickman's NA/Avengers from now on. It's going to get confusing to figure out once Axis gets underway how everything is going to end up. The skull that was with Loki in the Agent of Asgard preview was dropping some spoilers to Doom.

I haven't read the current FF run but tempted to read the annual just due to the destruction in Latveria. Sue threw up one heck of a fight to do that against Doom.

Yeah...Loki preview was a bit spoilerly. As it is, Hickman hates previews anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I haven't read the current FF run but tempted to read the annual just due to the destruction in Latveria. Sue threw up one heck of a fight to do that against Doom.

Yeah...Loki preview was a bit spoilerly. As it is, Hickman hates previews anyway.
    At least that Loki preview shows that Doom pays a decent wage ....time and half for the reconstruction project. LOL

When Ravin' Ray posted that Kristoff made an appearance in the second issue of Death of Wolverine, I felt it was my duty to track this down. So since they still had some left at the LCS, I got one so I could post it here. First, the page and then second the bonus Director's Cut page. It's a bit odd that Soule seems to be characterizing Kristoff as a super-villain. I suppose back in the day when he thought he was Doom, you could say that. I am trying to think of any bit of villainy that he did and then I remembered he did succeed in destroying the Baxter Building by using the same scheme Doom used in Fantastic Four #6!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-22-2014 at 09:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Best gun evaaaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Best gun evaaaaa.
    I must say that as quite the Bond fan AND one whose favorite Bond film is Live And Let Die, I really dig your username.

Here is Fred Hembeck's unique-as-always take on the Super-Villain Team-Up #11 cover, as discovered by moi on Facebook a couple of days ago.

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Advance preview of Loki #7 in October. Doom featured in it. Careful when looking in it as it may spoil the FF annual.

http://www.newsarama.com/22196-1st-l...-in-issue.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Advance preview of Loki #7 in October. Doom featured in it. Careful when looking in it as it may spoil the FF annual.

http://www.newsarama.com/22196-1st-l...-in-issue.html
    .....An very impressive Preview with Doom, Valeria and Loki involved.

....Also, thanks for the warning regarding this year's F4 Annual.

I wonder who is the young girl with the glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder who is the young girl with the glasses?
    I think she could be Verity Willis a supporting charachter in AOA.

Does anyone remember that issue of Wizard Magazine (yeah, I know, they suck) that Doom "took over?" I wish I still had that thing, it was hysterical and had a nice freaking cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    I think she could be Verity Willis a supporting charachter in AOA.
    Thanks, I think I have some of the AOA back issues I haven't read yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dedpool79 View Post
    Does anyone remember that issue of Wizard Magazine (yeah, I know, they suck) that Doom "took over?" I wish I still had that thing, it was hysterical and had a nice freaking cover.
    The one I have is the one called the Dark Book 1998 and it has a sweet cover that was done by Jim Lee. I think it was just an all villain issue and not just Doom though.

Here is the inked version of it.

[sorry, can't help being a 'showoff']That illustration of Doom is originally from the final page of Heroes Reborn: FF #4...[/sorry, can't help being a 'showoff']

These days, that and this are what I feel to be the best things from that Marvel/Image amalgamation project.

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Thanks for posting that double page....they really need to make a poster out of that!

But if you notice the cloak and the hands are quite different. Wizard had a lot of industry cred back then and they were able to get top artists to do covers and some interior art. In fact I think the Wizard magazine itself makes mention of it. I will have to find that issue when I get home.

But hey, we got two great examples of Jim Lee's Doom in the thread today at least!