Page 326 of 337 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5046

Watching Kirby draw is fascinating, he's so deliberate with every single line, he doesn't start with a loose sketch as most artists do. Guess that comes from decades of practice.

The latest Two-in-One was fun, I will always enjoy Reed and Doom working together. Also Cheung draws a great Iron Doom.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I thought that it was such a lucky things for us fans that the guy who recorded Kirby (can't recall his name right now) while he was at his drawing table. And that Kirby chose Doom as the subject.

I liked Cheung's Iron Doom so much, I changed my Avatar in honor of it! MTIO continues to bring the best interpretation of Infamous Iron Man. IMO it's still too soon for Doom to revert to villainy since this journey he's been on is a more fascinating arc for the character. He still has a way to go and this issue Johnny taught him the lesson of trust. If Ravin Ray is out there, I'm sure he will recall how when Doom was stranded on Franklin's Heroes Reborn planet (which he renamed Planet Doom), he once told his bodyguard Lancer that she had earned a rare commodity....Doom's trust. But poor Johnny just never seems to earn any of his respect. It also seemed in this issue, Ben is starting to soften up a bit with Victor. At least it's an improvement from when he broke down the wall into Amara's home just to get at him. BTW, I still think Bendis got that wrong about Ben. I can't see him destroying some innocent person's home and endangering her also! We never saw a scene where he apologized to her.

I like how Zdarsky showed that even this Emma powers come up short when she tries to use them on Victor. She failed in the first Cabal meeting and then later in an issue of the X-Men after Doom started wearing the white colors of the Future Foundation. BTW he was once married to Emma as we saw in Mark Millar's Old Man Logan.

And maybe working with this universe's Reed will help him to be accustomed to working Reed but I guess that depends on Slott. Looking forward to the MTIO annual!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-31-2018 at 02:26 AM.

There is something magical about that video, a rare glimpse at something that would have otherwise been lost to the sands of time. And getting to see how he imagines Victor's face no less. It will forever sadden me that Jack died so long before the MCU came into existence, I think he would have been especially happy about seeing his aesthetic captured in Ragnarok.

There was a bit of a hint in MTIO that Victor would always be a villain, I swear if he's reverted to a bad guy, I will riot! Johnny and Doom's interactions were funny, Doom clearly had no patience for him whatsoever. Ben does seem to be becoming accustomed to Doom at the very least. Doom standing back and trusting everyone else and the plan was another point of character growth for him. I think it was in an earlier MTIO that he even said he was sorry and in a way that made it clear that it was painful for him to do.

I'm rereading Future Foundation and it's funny that Doom has just kind of been around the Fantastic Four so long that he's basically the weird uncle, Val doesn't see him as a villain at all. Speaking of, can't wait for them to reunite!

I found Ben's rampage to be rather uncharacteristic too, although it shows that he's lost without the rest of the FF, he's angry and somewhat unbalanced.

Side note: I just realised, I don't really ship Doom with anyone. It is always fun to see him get his flirt on, say with Storm or Sue or Morgana. But I haven't seen him have strong chemistry with any one. He's kind of a loner, hard to see him in a committed relationship with anyone. Is Amara going to be a thing? I don't see it.
    I do however like Emma and Namor together because they're both massive jerks, they're made for each other!

By Declan Shalvey

Thanks Grim Fandango Two more weeks for that issue and it looks like the last time we will see Victor before the Demon/Hood disfigures his face. I keep wondering since there seems to be an element of sorcery to it could it also be reversed by sorcery...maybe by Doctor Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by Coulson View Post
    There is something magical about that video, a rare glimpse at something that would have otherwise been lost to the sands of time. And getting to see how he imagines Victor's face no less. It will forever sadden me that Jack died so long before the MCU came into existence, I think he would have been especially happy about seeing his aesthetic captured in Ragnarok.

There was a bit of a hint in MTIO that Victor would always be a villain, I swear if he's reverted to a bad guy, I will riot! Johnny and Doom's interactions were funny, Doom clearly had no patience for him whatsoever. Ben does seem to be becoming accustomed to Doom at the very least. Doom standing back and trusting everyone else and the plan was another point of character growth for him. I think it was in an earlier MTIO that he even said he was sorry and in a way that made it clear that it was painful for him to do.

I'm rereading Future Foundation and it's funny that Doom has just kind of been around the Fantastic Four so long that he's basically the weird uncle, Val doesn't see him as a villain at all. Speaking of, can't wait for them to reunite!

I found Ben's rampage to be rather uncharacteristic too, although it shows that he's lost without the rest of the FF, he's angry and somewhat unbalanced.

Side note: I just realised, I don't really ship Doom with anyone. It is always fun to see him get his flirt on, say with Storm or Sue or Morgana. But I haven't seen him have strong chemistry with any one. He's kind of a loner, hard to see him in a committed relationship with anyone. Is Amara going to be a thing? I don't see it.
    I do however like Emma and Namor together because they're both massive jerks, they're made for each other!
    I really didn't like Emma and Namor together because IIRC she did manipulate him into attacking Wakanda when they were the Phoenix Five. And that didn't turn out well for Namor or Atlantis. As for Doom, I'm a bit old school and would have preferred that he still loved Valeria although they did grow apart. But if she were still around when he got his face restored after SW, I would have liked a scene where he went back to her. I still hold on the the slim chance that there is a way she could be restored even if she did hate Victor for the rest of his life. I mean, look what happened with Rhodey!

I did catch that half finished sentence about the Reed and the Dooms and I don't hold to that belief. We've already seen a couple of Dooms where that is not the case. One was the Professor Victor von Doom that was in a long ago issue of Warlock but he died. And in Hickman's New Avengers there was a planet where it was strongly hinted that Reed and Victor were a couple but they both died. I have to go find that issue. I think the Cabal killed Reed and then Victor just gave up after that. Maybe someone else here remembers?

I just want to add once again, I wish Val had a chance to see Uncle Doom's face before it got messed up again.

Oh yeah, Namor and Emma were catastrophic and that's why I liked it, the drama!
    Reed and Doom as a couple? Wow, hah, that I would ship!

Later today when I get home I'll will try and find that issue of New Avengers. It's funny that when you go to certain sites out there on the internet, you will find some of these "ships" now involving Doom. Not that many but certainly they came to be a thing when Loki was in his female form for a while. Now there are doomtony and other tags out there. This is a nice bit of fan art I came across but sometimes ya gotta be careful about where this stuff leads you !

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ahead of the Fantastic Four’s Return, Marvel Appears to Have Doomed… Doom
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-doom-vill...tastic-four/2/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Thanks Ray. I read that and it does disappoint me but it's not like this was most likely in the cards. I know it might not be a popular opinion and I am a fan of both the Fantastic Four and Doom obviously. But I don't think it's slam to say that the Fantastic Four need Doom more than Doom needs them when you consider all his appearance outside of the Fantastic Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks Grim Fandango Two more weeks for that issue and it looks like the last time we will see Victor before the Demon/Hood disfigures his face. I keep wondering since there seems to be an element of sorcery to it could it also be reversed by sorcery...maybe by Doctor Strange?

I really didn't like Emma and Namor together because IIRC she did manipulate him into attacking Wakanda when they were the Phoenix Five. And that didn't turn out well for Namor or Atlantis. As for Doom, I'm a bit old school and would have preferred that he still loved Valeria although they did grow apart. But if she were still around when he got his face restored after SW, I would have liked a scene where he went back to her. I still hold on the the slim chance that there is a way she could be restored even if she did hate Victor for the rest of his life. I mean, look what happened with Rhodey!

I did catch that half finished sentence about the Reed and the Dooms and I don't hold to that belief. We've already seen a couple of Dooms where that is not the case. One was the Professor Victor von Doom that was in a long ago issue of Warlock but he died. And in Hickman's New Avengers there was a planet where it was strongly hinted that Reed and Victor were a couple but they both died. I have to go find that issue. I think the Cabal killed Reed and then Victor just gave up after that. Maybe someone else here remembers?

I just want to add once again, I wish Val had a chance to see Uncle Doom's face before it got messed up again.
    Your last sentence summarizes perfectly all my regrets.

About the bold part, it was against the mapmakers and, iirc, Reed died trying to protect Victor and then Victor is annihilated in a last attempt against the mapmakers. Cool issue.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Thanks Ray.

And he's not the only one FF classic "foe" doomed to return to his former self... That's all I can tell...

New Avengers

I need the next page! Maybe Victor just gives up... too sad...

Thanks Abe. I just need to know what issue that was from. Is that Bianchi doing the art?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks Abe. I just need to know what issue that was from. Is that Bianchi doing the art?
    Sorry! I was sure that I wrote the number... but it's probably me and not the autocorrect..

New Avengers #14.

And the artist us Bianchi.

BTW look what was his choice for the cover of his book Simone Bianchi A Decade Of Arts:

The full cover now:

I think I need to add this link too : http://www.simonebianchi.com/shop.php?id_cat=5
    Last edited by Abe; 06-05-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Wow. Thanks Abe. I check into the issue of New Avengers.

And thanks for posting that cover! Didn't Hickman say in that podcast interview you posted here that artists love drawing Doom? I like all the different touches they add. Some make it more ornate in the style of the knights of old, others go for the modern, more sleek look.

In other news

Noah Hawley's Doctor Doom script is finished
    but.....

The good news: Hawley has a finished screenplay. “I wrote a script that I really like and the studio really likes,” he tells Vulture, though he adds, “It needs a little work.” The bad news: it’s not getting filmed in the near future. Hawley said there are a pair of roadblocks. The first is the fact that he’s about to direct Natalie Portman and Jon Hamm in the astronaut drama Pale Blue Dot. Speaking about revisions to the Doom script, Hawley says, “It’s hard for me, at this exact moment — because I start shooting another movie in five weeks — to do that work. So, I mean, my hope is to go back to [the Doom movie] after [Pale Blue Dot].”
    He goes on to say their is some uncertainty that Fox will even have the rights after he's done with his movie.