Page 260 of 337 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 5046
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Seriously, i found the scene
    spoilers:
    between Johnny and Ben more compelling, and heart-wrenching). Plus, I really doubt that is Cynthia, or she is not in full control of herself.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Can anyone figure out what Sorcerer Supreme Tony was saying? It doesn't seem to be any intelligible anagram...as far as a replacement cipher, haven't given that a try...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I couldn't make it out either but then I'm terrible with anagrams.

I have to agree that with everyone that this is a frustrating installment in what we know is a series that is going to be concluding in three more issues. Instead of building up steam Bendis fizzles out here. Nothing new is revealed about the Tony Stark Sorcerer Supreme Development. He just repeats what RiRi is saying...that Doom has to stop being Iron Man. The mini drama with the SHIELD agents going rogue and attempting to kill Doom would have been better had he somehow used the old Ovid Mind Transfer Trick. I always thought that this was always quite literally his "Get Out of Jail " card since he once used it on Zarkko the Tomorrow Man to escape his confinement by Hyperstorm

I also agree with Ray that the interlude with Ben and Johnny was the best thing about the entire issue.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-28-2017 at 08:37 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I also agree with Ray that the interlude with Ben and Johnny was the best thing about the entire issue.
    Actually, I have to disagree. As a character development piece, and a nice reunion of some missing characters that was cool, but what .. four pages? Five? It just went on and on and ... no surprise ... didn't advance the story one bit. It was filler. I like character development, I'd like to see more of it in comic books, but pick up the pace a little for cryin' out loud. And make the character development about characters who are important to the story. There were only five pages of Victor conscious and doing something in this book. And more questions than answers.

Lame.

PS: my photo hosting site is holding me hostage for more money. I'll free up my pics soon.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Actually, I have to disagree. As a character development piece, and a nice reunion of some missing characters that was cool, but what .. four pages? Five? It just went on and on and ... no surprise ... didn't advance the story one bit. It was filler. I like character development, I'd like to see more of it in comic books, but pick up the pace a little for cryin' out loud. And make the character development about characters who are important to the story. There were only five pages of Victor conscious and doing something in this book. And more questions than answers.

Lame.

PS: my photo hosting site is holding me hostage for more money. I'll free up my pics soon.
    So far I've not had a problem with mine but I still think I may start looking around for somewhere else to host my library of Doom pix, etc.

It's been so odd that Marvel has kept these two old friends apart that I was really appreciative on an extended scene with Johnny and Ben.
    But I can see why anyone can feel that this is Bendis dragging his feet again. That has been IMO the biggest fault I could find with this series, which I've liked more than I expected to. I hope the ending doesn't ruin things though and that is fast approaching.

Here's some stuff I'd like to see in these last few issues and for future appearances in other titles

Since we will have to know the truth about Cynthia von Doom, I hope that it turns out that she is from another reality and Bendis stays away from changing anything with Triumph and Torment.
    I want Victor to continue to reflect on just what his role is in the MU. No going back to the next new plot to take over Earth. But he should take a hand in setting the course for Latveria but not as King
    Let's catch up with Kristoff and Boris and find out how recent developments have changed their relationship, if at all, with Victor.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I couldn't make it out either but then I'm terrible with anagrams.

I have to agree that with everyone that this is a frustrating installment in what we know is a series that is going to be concluding in three more issues. Instead of building up steam Bendis fizzles out here. Nothing new is revealed about the Tony Stark Sorcerer Supreme Development. He just repeats what RiRi is saying...that Doom has to stop being Iron Man. The mini drama with the SHIELD agents going rogue and attempting to kill Doom would have been better had he somehow used the old Ovid Mind Transfer Trick. I always thought that this was always quite literally his "Get Out of Jail " card since he once used it on Zarkko the Tomorrow Man to escape his confinement by Hyperstorm

Well what did you expect? Bendis, 90% of the time, is incapable of writing a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Well what did you expect? Bendis, 90% of the time, is incapable of writing a conclusion.
    It's starting to look like it will continue in Legacy if the covers with Riri and Victor clashing are any indication .

Well... I don't have much time so I need to say think in only a few words... Happily I'm very late to comment the last issue, so everything has already been said.

I was really disappointed. No more Future Sorcerer Supreme ? And probably no more in the few episodes before the end of the series. The scene with Doom in custody was not good either... Ben & Johnny : ok, but I agree with DoomScribe. It wasn't a really good issue...

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Thanks PROVOST:

Here's another memorable panel from DoomWar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Well... I don't have much time so I need to say think in only a few words... Happily I'm very late to comment the last issue, so everything has already been said.

I was really disappointed. No more Future Sorcerer Supreme ? And probably no more in the few episodes before the end of the series. The scene with Doom in custody was not good either... Ben & Johnny : ok, but I agree with DoomScribe. It wasn't a really good issue...
    It certainly wasn't my favorite. I think it we saw an unusually vulnerable Doom here. He just flops over in front of Ironheart and the next thing we see SHIELD has somehow removed his armor and have him knocked out on drugs. I recall when Doom was trapped in Doom's armor back during Claremont's Fantastic Four. He had a hard time figuring out how to outlock it that he could even remove it. I guess the Iron Man armor he's using doesn't have that feature. The best page in the book was Maleev showing the downed Helicarrier.

So now with 3 issues to go, what can Bendis put on the table for us? We still haven't seen a face to face confrontation with the Maker, despite the cover teasing that back in issue #8. It does no good to pay any attention to was the text for the preview say. Cynthia must be explained soon. Going back to the Helicarrier, that is way over her power levels seen in the past. How is it that she has physical form again when she was dead and buried decades ago? Mephisto gave her one but it was thought that her spirit was released to a higher plane. Also, if he had achieved redemption, she should not be talking about taking lives as she did when she confronted Ben.

I'm still going with the idea that this is a different Cynthia....maybe from the Maker's Ultimate Universe. We never saw Victor Van Damme's parents...except IIRC a brief scene were his father gets a few off panel appearances talking to his young son.

BANNED

It is possible that this Cynthia is from the Ultimate U. It would explain her "you were destined to be a King" speeches and whatnot. Those fit a noblewoman much more than the 616 version.

Also, some recent rumors: Bendis is on Iron Man until 600, with Doom & his OC battling for the title. Tony comes back, Waid takes over the title, and Doom becomes the main Iron Man villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    It is possible that this Cynthia is from the Ultimate U. It would explain her "you were destined to be a King" speeches and whatnot. Those fit a noblewoman much more than the 616 version.

Also, some recent rumors: Bendis is on Iron Man until 600, with Doom & his OC battling for the title. Tony comes back, Waid takes over the title, and Doom becomes the main Iron Man villain.
    I can't say that I'm encouraged by that. For one thing it makes me think that the Fantastic Four are still going to be in limbo. IMO the issue between Victor and Reed is resolved at the end of Secret Wars and I hope Marvel keeps it that way. (by the way, what does "OC" refer to?)

I think if Waid takes over the character we'd get a regression. We know his feelings from his interviews prior to Unthinkable. I'm not sure how much of the recent Avengers appearance he wrote since the credit was shared with Jeremy Whitley. We'll probably know more when SDCC gets underway.

BANNED

I can't say that I'm encouraged by that. For one thing it makes me think that the Fantastic Four are still going to be in limbo. IMO the issue between Victor and Reed is resolved at the end of Secret Wars and I hope Marvel keeps it that way. (by the way, what does "OC" refer to?)

I think if Waid takes over the character we'd get a regression. We know his feelings from his interviews prior to Unthinkable. I'm not sure how much of the recent Avengers appearance he wrote since the credit was shared with Jeremy Whitley. We'll probably know more when SDCC gets underway.
    OC stands for Original Character. As for the rumor, I wouldn't take its word yet, but it is likely. It was part of another leak as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    OC stands for Original Character. As for the rumor, I wouldn't take its word yet, but it is likely. It was part of another leak as well.
    So this sounds like, according to the leak, that Victor would be battling two sides of his psyche. That could be interesting but depending on the writer.

So, from what I'm gathering, Infamous Iron Man hasn't been all that great? I wanted to read it for Victor (and seeing as we have such precious few F4 material, these days), but can't bring myself to put in the effort.