Page 334 of 337 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337 LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5046
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations! Is it the size of a real flag? Like can you hang out in front of your home? The next step would be to make a sign that says "Latverian Embassy"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Congratulations! Is it the size of a real flag? Like can you hang out in front of your home? The next step would be to make a sign that says "Latverian Embassy"
    If I saw all that outside of someone's home, I would literally stop the car and go up and knock on the door to tell them; "Nice Job".

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

God, I wish. No, while it IS a full size flag (3x5 feet), I don’t have anything approximating a flagpole, and I think our neighbor would notice if I snuck over and flew it from his flagpole. It’s going to go over my bed.
    Although I do like the Latverian Embassy idea. Might print something out to stick on my door.

I always sketch before I sculpt, gives me a better sense of what I will be doing. I'll share my design once it's done. I usually use monster clay but it's like plasticine, so it doesn't cure, it's ideal for when I plan on making a mold. For this project I'll be trying out some air dry clay to see what it's like. I could always make a mold later if I wanted to make copies, but it will be nice just to skip all the hassle of casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    God, I wish. No, while it IS a full size flag (3x5 feet), I don’t have anything approximating a flagpole, and I think our neighbor would notice if I snuck over and flew it from his flagpole. It’s going to go over my bed.
    Although I do like the Latverian Embassy idea. Might print something out to stick on my door.
    I got this image from an Orlando tourism website. It's from the Doctor Doom Fearfall ride at Universal Studios theme park. It's kind of cool but I think one that looks like one of those brass plaques would be be more subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Coulson View Post
    I always sketch before I sculpt, gives me a better sense of what I will be doing. I'll share my design once it's done. I usually use monster clay but it's like plasticine, so it doesn't cure, it's ideal for when I plan on making a mold. For this project I'll be trying out some air dry clay to see what it's like. I could always make a mold later if I wanted to make copies, but it will be nice just to skip all the hassle of casting.
    Looking forward to seeing the final work!

iMan 42s

Anybody know if I can upload photos from mobile? Cause I've been working on an Infamous Iron man costume and I figure that at some point I've gotta show my work. I figure I can post images that way, but the forums have always given me trouble if I try and upload from my own computer.

BTW Infamous Iron man is kind of bizarre to start putting into 3-D because some things that are a bit more subtle and simple in the comics are actually kind of large and awkward when physically manifested. Seriously, Victor's elbow pads are driving me up a wall, they are too large, and yet the right size. I'll probably post later this week cause work is kind of brutal and I've gotta fiberglass this. No way I'm getting that done before an 8am shift.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I got this image from an Orlando tourism website. It's from the Doctor Doom Fearfall ride at Universal Studios theme park. It's kind of cool but I think one that looks like one of those brass plaques would be be more subtle.

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmicGnGxj][IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/922/icGnGx.jpg[/IMG
    That’s what I’d decided, too.

I don't think I've been able to upload from mobile SIM, but I am keen to see your work.

As for my sculpt, I found this image, I am into the idea of posing Doom removing his mask in some way. Not sure the source of this image, thanks Pinterest.
    doomface11.jpg

I’ve not gotten a single picture to upload with enough quality to read text on mobile or my Mac.

I don't think I've been able to upload from mobile SIM, but I am keen to see your work.

As for my sculpt, I found this image, I am into the idea of posing Doom removing his mask in some way. Not sure the source of this image, thanks Pinterest.
    doomface11.jpg

FF #10 featuring Stan and Jack!
    Last edited by Abe; 07-03-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Thanks! Also love how goofy that cover is.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Anybody know if I can upload photos from mobile? Cause I've been working on an Infamous Iron man costume and I figure that at some point I've gotta show my work. I figure I can post images that way, but the forums have always given me trouble if I try and upload from my own computer.

BTW Infamous Iron man is kind of bizarre to start putting into 3-D because some things that are a bit more subtle and simple in the comics are actually kind of large and awkward when physically manifested. Seriously, Victor's elbow pads are driving me up a wall, they are too large, and yet the right size. I'll probably post later this week cause work is kind of brutal and I've gotta fiberglass this. No way I'm getting that done before an 8am shift.
    The only way images work consistently for me is using an image hosting site. When I take photos on my cell, I have no problems making them attachments or loading them to my Facebook profile. I've not tried loading very many here from my phone. They seem to enforce a size limit here so I suppose I can't blame them. I've had a few I was able to add to my profile but there pretty small. Like this tweet screen cap
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-04-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Here's some concepts for the bust, it also gave me an excuse to test my new watercolours, I've never actually used watercolours before.
    I think I'll keep drawing more sketches, I haven't settled on anything yet.

IMG_20180704_143941.jpg
    IMG_20180704_143958.jpg

Here's some concepts for the bust, it also gave me an excuse to test my new watercolours, I've never actually used watercolours before.
    I think I'll keep drawing more sketches, I haven't settled on anything yet.

IMG_20180704_143941.jpg
    IMG_20180704_143958.jpg
    I like both of them so far. I'm partial to the wine drinking version. But if I may make a suggestion, for the one where he is lowering his cowl, I would position the arms at equal height. It looks like he is scratching his head with the other hand. Nice job on the sketches!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I wanted to avoid symmetry and find a more dynamic angle. But I'll try a symmetrical design.