Page 101 of 337 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5046
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thank you, CJ! Here's a variant cover of Secret Wars #1 by Scottie Young. They were handing out free prints (suitable for framing) at my LCS as part of the Secret Wars promo. I've picked up about 5 or 6 of these. I should figure out a way to display them all.

I can't say enough of how it sure is great so see Doom playing a MAJOR role in such a huge event. All Hope Lies in Doom...and Hickman!

Amazing Member

So not entirely Doom related, but what Tie Ins to the Secret Wars event are you guys gonna be picking up? I have a handful that I am interested in, but wondering what you guys are going to be reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglesdemon View Post
    So not entirely Doom related, but what Tie Ins to the Secret Wars event are you guys gonna be picking up? I have a handful that I am interested in, but wondering what you guys are going to be reading.
    I'm going to have to sample and see which ones I like. I plan on trying on the 1602 one and I picked up the "Avenger vs" issue the other day but haven't read it yet. I am pretty sure Doom will show up in the opening arc of the new title A Force but not sure just yet about anything else.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm going to have to sample and see which ones I like. I plan on trying on the 1602 one and I picked up the "Avenger vs" issue the other day but haven't read it yet. I am pretty sure Doom will show up in the opening arc of the new title A Force but not sure just yet about anything else.
    The ones I am most interested in are Thors, Planet Hulk, and Siege currently. I know I am gonna sample a few others based on creative teams and concepts (like Armor Wars since I really enjoyed Robinson's Fantastic Four run and Squadron Sinister).

The ones I am most interested in are Thors, Planet Hulk, and Siege currently. I know I am gonna sample a few others based on creative teams and concepts (like Armor Wars since I really enjoyed Robinson's Fantastic Four run and Squadron Sinister).
    I might check out Armor Wars too and Siege. I guess we can compare notes and see which ones look to be interesting. I am going to be very limited with my choices to spare some of the expense.

Okay, well first off, my editor would be disappointed if I didn't make reference to my preview thoughts on the May launches, so here. I don't hardly get into my own plans opinions there, but hey, that's what these forums are for!

I think I'm sticking out the core Secret Wars title based on how compelling I found #1. Not a whole lot else coming in May that I'm into except Secret Wars 2099 (which I assume will continue pretty tight to PAD's current Spidey 2099 run, and I've been loving that, fingers crossed for Doom 2099!) and maybe Inferno. Where Monster's Dwell interests me but if I read it, it'll be in TPB. In June I get 2 James Robinson books in AoU vs Marvel Zombies (which I'll for sure buy because Jim Hammond AND Vision AND a version of Hank Pym who had no hand in crafting Ultron), and Armor Wars. I'm hesitant on Armor Wars because I frakkin' hate Tony Stark, but I do like Robinson so I want to give it a chance. The 1602 book and Seige might get a look from me too because Gillen. So far the Robinson titles, SW 2099 and Remender's Hail Hydra are the only 3 I'm for sure buying at least one issue of. Other stuff . . . Years of Future Past, Squadron Sinister, E for Extinction, X-Tinction Agenda, Weirdworld, and 1872 all have enough happening premise wise that I'll look on the rack and see. Oh, and Captain Britain and the Defenders (because it's Davis and Ewing and only 2 issues).
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Okay, well first off, my editor would be disappointed if I didn't make reference to my preview thoughts on the May launches, so here. I don't hardly get into my own plans opinions there, but hey, that's what these forums are for!

I think I'm sticking out the core Secret Wars title based on how compelling I found #1. Not a whole lot else coming in May that I'm into except Secret Wars 2099 (which I assume will continue pretty tight to PAD's current Spidey 2099 run, and I've been loving that, fingers crossed for Doom 2099!) and maybe Inferno. Where Monster's Dwell interests me but if I read it, it'll be in TPB. In June I get 2 James Robinson books in AoU vs Marvel Zombies (which I'll for sure buy because Jim Hammond AND Vision AND a version of Hank Pym who had no hand in crafting Ultron), and Armor Wars. I'm hesitant on Armor Wars because I frakkin' hate Tony Stark, but I do like Robinson so I want to give it a chance. The 1602 book and Seige might get a look from me too because Gillen. So far the Robinson titles, SW 2099 and Remender's Hail Hydra are the only 3 I'm for sure buying at least one issue of. Other stuff . . . Years of Future Past, Squadron Sinister, E for Extinction, X-Tinction Agenda, Weirdworld, and 1872 all have enough happening premise wise that I'll look on the rack and see. Oh, and Captain Britain and the Defenders (because it's Davis and Ewing and only 2 issues).
    I totally forgot about Infinity Gauntlet. The only characters I like almost as much as Doom are a lot of Marvel cosmic characters. My all time favorite comics run is DnA's Cosmic Marvel (Annihilation-The Thanos Imperative), so I am hoping this will sorta correct what I saw wrong with Bendis's Guardians of the Galaxy and reverting Nova's character development.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Just this, Secret Wars #1 (2015)
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Doom fans !
    Have you noticed that Doom seems to be GOD now - according to what Reed says about the white light people see when they die, and to what appears in the last "white page" of SW ? And that I has been with us all along (if we understand that this sentence applies to him and not to the beyonderS in the beginning of SW #1.
    Can we all now be sure that ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM ?
    I think he's fullfilling his destiny in a reallly classy ways.

that HE has been with us.... (sorry !)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thank you, CJ! Here's a variant cover of Secret Wars #1 by Scottie Young. They were handing out free prints (suitable for framing) at my LCS as part of the Secret Wars promo. I've picked up about 5 or 6 of these. I should figure out a way to display them all.

I can't say enough of how it sure is great so see Doom playing a MAJOR role in such a huge event. All Hope Lies in Doom...and Hickman!

I love this! I picked up a few myself.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Doom fans !
    Have you noticed that Doom seems to be GOD now - according to what Reed says about the white light people see when they die, and to what appears in the last "white page" of SW ? And that I has been with us all along (if we understand that this sentence applies to him and not to the beyonderS in the beginning of SW #1.
    Can we all now be sure that ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM ?
    I think he's fullfilling his destiny in a reallly classy ways.

I know some posters in the SW thread have been a been upset about the godhood issue but I would say we are not talking about the capital "G" god. Marvel tends to say that this is the One Above All in the MU....or Jack Kirby and his collaborator. And since I have indirectly brought up Mark Waid by that reference, I think we can say that Hickman and Waid certainly don't see eye to eye on Doom's classiness or lack of same.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I know some posters in the SW thread have been a been upset about the godhood issue but I would say we are not talking about the capital "G" god. Marvel tends to say that this is the One Above All in the MU....or Jack Kirby and his collaborator. And since I have indirectly brought up Mark Waid by that reference, I think we can say that Hickman and Waid certainly don't see eye to eye on Doom's classiness or lack of same.
    Reed getting erased! It must be a Doom dream! ;p

I think alot of that got deleted, but I saw someone got banned. I agree, though, if Hickman goes there, and it won't be the first time IIRC from your old signature, then it's definitely with a little 'g', like Thor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

so is it 100 percent confirmed that Victor is a god now in secret wars

Maybe not 100 per cent sure about the god level status but I would have to think he is the one who put together Battleworld. One of the unrevealed portions of the map is probably his saved version of Latveria.

We can only guess by some of the covers but it looks like the Beyonders or at least the "child" Beyonder seen in the first Secret Wars. Doom still have one final battle at some point and Doom will need to be at god level for that one.