Page 102 of 337 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5046
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I won't be getting to the comic store until this evening, so could we keep any pertinent facts in today's Secret Wars Doom celebration in spoiler tags? Thank you!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I won't be getting to the comic store until this evening, so could we keep any pertinent facts in today's Secret Wars Doom celebration in spoiler tags? Thank you!
    Spoiler tags it is. I won't be going to the shop until after work.

Even though I won't be able to get my comics until around 5:30 EST (after work), I couldn't help but sneak a peek at SW # 2 and happy happy Doom's Day....everything a Doom fanatic would want more or less has come true....

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Even though I won't be able to get my comics until around 5:30 EST (after work), I couldn't help but sneak a peek at SW # 2 and happy happy Doom's Day....everything a Doom fanatic would want more or less has come true....
    Woohoo! Now my editor HAS to run my piece he's been sitting on for months.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

At what point is it acceptable to start planning a shrine to Jonathan Hickman? Truly, his love and understanding of Doom translates brilliantly to the page, and I can't begin to describe how excited I am for the rest of Secret Wars.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-secret-wars-2

I did give him a token of our appreciation here and said we all just loved his work. I wish I took a picture of him holding it. I have one myself and you get them in those mystery -style boxed toys.

BANNED

so Hickman pretty much confirmed Doom is a god and created Battleworld

add another great feat to Doom, for Rumblers to use

Wow.

That is all.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manitobamando View Post
    Wow.

That is all.
    LOL! That sums up most of my feelings for Secret Wars #2. Finally, someone writing Doom to his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Vengeance View Post
    At what point is it acceptable to start planning a shrine to Jonathan Hickman? Truly, his love and understanding of Doom translates brilliantly to the page, and I can't begin to describe how excited I am for the rest of Secret Wars.

Thanks for the link! More stuff to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I did give him a token of our appreciation here and said we all just loved his work. I wish I took a picture of him holding it. I have one myself and you get them in those mystery -style boxed toys.

I desperately wanted one of those! But all I got was Red Skull. I wish they would just sell them, without the guesswork.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by B.Vengeance View Post

All hail the great Hickman, master of all that is good in comics and geekdom!

Amazing Member

Just....damn. I kinda wish the Marvel Universe never goes back to normal and we just have political infighting and intrigue on Battleworld from now on, lol. But I expect it could only work consistently when written by Hickman or perhaps go get Christopher Priest to write some after his great political intrigue filled Black Panther run.

Reviresco, if you're specifically looking for the Doom keychain you can buy it on Amazon. It saves you the stress of hunting through the blind boxes. There's been a few times when I've been willing to pay a little extra just to make sure I got a particular figure I was looking for.

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Doom-~1-5-M...+doom+keychain

I got lucky when they still had some left at the local Barnes & Noble and I bought the last 2, one and the other was the Hulk. The second one was from eBay.

So after absorbing SW#2 I got the impression that Doom was almost in a dream like state and really it was Stephen who was kind of monitoring things. I think Doom has these god powers but it's his version of reality or his dream if you will that is keeping things going and Stephen knows this. Maybe Sue too because she seems to be there to sort of calm him down.

Doom has always had this eccentric desire to keep things in his immediate environment rooted in the Old World (the armor and castles, etc) even though he is master of modern science.

BANNED

question to doom fans.

do you consider this whitewashing Victor http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...;s_Crusade.png

in children's crusade...... we know Doom is Roma, but he has light skin here/looks Caucasian

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    question to doom fans.

do you consider this whitewashing Victor http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...;s_Crusade.png

in children's crusade...... we know Doom is Roma, but he has light skin here/looks Caucasian
    Well, as with Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch who are also [at least half-]Roma, he's basically always been colored with a Caucasian pallet so . . . no, not even a little bit. I don't think it would be a bad thing to start shifting the way he's depicted in flashbacks where his face is exposed to have more Roma features, darker skin tone, but I also don't think it's absolutely necessary. I've known enough rather pale people with Romani ancestry who self-identify as such to feel confidant saying that I think calling this white-washing (especially if somebody doesn't have a personal stake in Roma identity) may be looking for a fight where it's neither necessary nor appropriate.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER