Page 106 of 337 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 5046
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Why Not? ALL HOPE LIES IN DOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    During Lee and Kirby no,but i feel that Hickamn tends to write Doom as too grey and more perfect than most.It's his inner fanboy that makes Doom in his stories as the top dog.Don't get me wrong,i love that after a long time,Doom is in the center of the story,but it's not right if people like Richards,T'Challa and Tony look like incompetent jerks and Doom as the man who has the keys for the survival of the universe.

Although,i respect that Hickman showed a bit of Doom's petty character in SW#2.The guy not only became a God-Emperor,he literally stole Richards family.My dream would be the final battle being Reed vs Doom,but i see more of Reed and Doom vs Thanos and The Maker(Reed of earth-1610).
    I don't think Hickman has always made Doom invincible though. He was beaten down by his own creations in the Doomverse and they seized the Infinity Gauntlet from him. He needed Val, Reed and Nathaniel to come to his rescue. Even the one council member was able to get that collar on him and it only came off when Nathaniel convinced him that they needed Doom for the fight against the rampaging Mad Celelestials.

I am looking forward to SW#3 because I expect some kind of swerve in our preconceived notions as to what's going on the High Council of Battleworld. Hoping we get the "curtain pulled back" so to speak and we will see what's going on with Doom God.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think Hickman has always made Doom invincible though. He was beaten down by his own creations in the Doomverse and they seized the Infinity Gauntlet from him. He needed Val, Reed and Nathaniel to come to his rescue. Even the one council member was able to get that collar on him and it only came off when Nathaniel convinced him that they needed Doom for the fight against the rampaging Mad Celelestials.

I am looking forward to SW#3 because I expect some kind of swerve in our preconceived notions as to what's going on the High Council of Battleworld. Hoping we get the "curtain pulled back" so to speak and we will see what's going on with Doom God.
    I still don't think the Celestials were actually Mad . . . more like desperate to save themselves . . . But, yeah, Hickman absolutely doesn't present Doom as unstoppable.
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Oh and BY THE WAY . . . I've been promising this for a long time. My editor finished his side of things for my latest Analogies to Amaze column as a wedding present to me a couple days ago. This one's for you Latverians. (sorry it took me a couple of days . . . can't imagine what kept me too busy to visit the CBR boards . . . )
    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    I badly want to see the Illuminati crew fall flat on their faces, and Victor have to pick them up. Too many painful memories of watching Von Doom lose when he's holding all the aces, and then have to be bailed out by the FF.
    this basically already happened; the payoff will be when Richards and Tchalla et al roll up to Castle Doom in Doomstadt. You know Hickman wrote this scene!

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Actually Doom can do that because of his well established background: he understands science AND magic both on a level no one else does. Sure Strange is a better mage, sure Richards is slightly better as a scientist, but neither of them can understand the intricacies of the other one's "field of work". Doom can, that's why Molecule Man says he's the only person who can deal with the present crisis (besides being one of the most accomplished time travellers).

As for Hickman's NA run, consider Doom does actually do very little until the very end. We see how he finds a piece of the Mapmaker's rogue planet an how he pieces the map togheter, and of course in the end there's the great reveal he's been Rabum Alal all along (because of time travel) but NA is much more about Namor vs T'challa or Tony and Reed vs Black Swan than about Doom, until the very end.
    Yes. I don't think what Doom accomplished was out of character at all. He found MM, that was his wild card in this whole thing. He had the wherewithal to deduce what was going on with the mapmaker fragment and he had the means to make a time platform. that plus MM = Rabum Alal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Oh and BY THE WAY . . . I've been promising this for a long time. My editor finished his side of things for my latest Analogies to Amaze column as a wedding present to me a couple days ago. This one's for you Latverians. (sorry it took me a couple of days . . . can't imagine what kept me too busy to visit the CBR boards . . . )
    Catching up from the holiday. I read this and kudos to you on a well composed treatise on the Batman analogs in Marvel. Most of my knowledge about Batman comes from the movies and would you agree that with Batman and Doom, their "subjects" don't get the warm and fuzzies when they think about them. Yet they depend on the protection provided by them. With Doom he has a more direct influence on their daily lives since he controls the pursestrings of the local economy. We've seen no figures on the poverty rate in Latveria but it has to be so small as to be insignificant. The Roma were probably the poorest in Victor's youth but I doubt that would still be the case.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Very interesting and well thought out comparison. You made some very valid points and seemed to have done your research. The nay sayers will of course point to the instances which prove Doom's villainy and conversely Iron Man's heroism as evidence to the contrary. We all know that Doom has also been written poorly in the past, where he may have seemed out of character, however by concentrating on the core characteristics that each of these men share, including personal tragedies and skill sets and motivations, you illuminate the fine line that exists between the heroic vigilante and the villain.

Btw, congrats on the nuptials as well.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

The 2015 version of Marvel Heroes (I think it's an online only game, I don't play actually), has recently announced that Dr. Doom will be a playable character (it costs $17 to purchase his play package).

Also available in the Future Foundation colors:

And with what looks like some appropriate props and hopefully powers as well
    "Because ... I am Doom

Some more action shots from the marvel heroes site:

The animation rendering from what I can see is really pretty good, and wouldn't it be fun to play Doom with an appropriate repertoire of put-downs, arrogance, and meaningful glares?
    "Because ... I am Doom

unfortunately I haven't been able to play this game since my PC isn't up to the task. I have to upgrade and have been slacking off on that project. But those are some great screen shots. Thanks Doomscribe!

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Ι pre-sale him.Along with Thing's review(they will improve the old skill trees of Ben),the next Saturday will be great for Fantastic Four fans in this game.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

The preview for SW#3 continues to shine as incredible art, detail, and flawless writing of Doom's character...seeing him fulfill his ultimate goal(s) is just to beautiful for words...no matter what outcome may come of the end of Secret Wars, Doom's moments as God Emperor over all of reality/Battleworld, will not be forgotten anytime soon....this is why it really hurts to see that this type of ambition and look/feel of Doom will NEVER be on the big screen so long as Fox has its talons in the F4 franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    The preview for SW#3 continues to shine as incredible art, detail, and flawless writing of Doom's character...seeing him fulfill his ultimate goal(s) is just to beautiful for words...no matter what outcome may come of the end of Secret Wars, Doom's moments as God Emperor over all of reality/Battleworld, will not be forgotten anytime soon....this is why it really hurts to see that this type of ambition and look/feel of Doom will NEVER be on the big screen so long as Fox has its talons in the F4 franchise.
    QFT. IMO that is one of the things that I really am disappointed about with the MCU. I understand why it happened but IMO it's a great loss to Marvel's movies that the FF and their cast is lost to them, probably never to be in their control unless something drastic happens. And with Marvel production plans being in place for the next 3 or 4 years I think that window of possibility is so remote as to be pretty hopeless.

But as long as you brought it up, I'd just like to bring in the preview pages to this thread. I am just thrilled to death that Hickman has Stephen and Victor on much better terms. My one wish would be that there would be some mention of how hard they fought to save Cynthia von Doom's soul. IMO this would be such a debt of gratitude on Victor's part that this should be an unbreakable bond for him.

I know it's too soon to tell what formats will be available but this will definitely be a keeper when they come out with this in book form. I hope it's done in that large format like Children's Crusade was. Ribic's art deserves to be seen in that large size.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-31-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IMO that is one of the things that I really am disappointed about with the MCU. I understand why it happened but IMO it's a great loss to Marvel's movies that the FF and their cast is lost to them, probably never to be in their control unless something drastic happens. And with Marvel production plans being in place for the next 3 or 4 years I think that window of possibility is so remote as to be pretty hopeless.
    And the loss is pretty deep...there was/is a very recent article where one of the Marvel Studios honchos indicated that they can't utilize Kang as an Avengers movie villain because of his being tangled in the Fox FF red tape. Honestly makes me quite amazed that Ronan the Accuser, the Inhumans, and Black Panther/T'Challa were somehow spared of being ensnared themselves. Although this is as good a place as any to admit that I honestly don't know how to feel about Ronan and especially the Inhumans* quite possibly surpassing the FF (and Doom, as much as I hate to admit it here) as premiere Marvel Universe characters on and off the silver screen.

Anyways, speaking of Victor and Stephen...

* - One of my 'if it makes me a 'bad FF fan, so be it' notions, and I have had it for a long time: I can't ever say I have actually really, REALLY cared for the Inhumans. Other than believing Crystal to be one of Johnny's two best ever love interests (the other being Frankie Raye, of course) and liking Black Bolt and particularly his dynamic look, I've just about always felt the Inhumans to be a tick overrated. But, *does her best Dennis Miller* that's just my opinion.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven