Page 13 of 337 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I love Darryl Banks' cards.
    He and Ron Marz did Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) together for a number of years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    He and Ron Marz did Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) together for a number of years.
    Ah, that explains why I'm unfamiliar with his work. I don't read much DC.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This July there will be a one shot special called the Fantastic Four 100th Anniverary issue that will take place in the year 2061. Reed, Johnny and Doctor Doom are all presumed dead and a new Fantastic Four takes there place. Members include Doom’s granddaughter and the Richards-Banner twins. Undoubtedly this is some alternate timeline but I am curious to see the lineage of Doom's granddaughter. Is she the daughter of Kristoff of maybe Caroline Le Fey? I'd like to see her revamped because the old lady character didn't work for me in the new Defenders. She looked like Bea Arthur and it just made it odd to see her next to her eternally youthful mother Morgana.

Preview pages with the new team and a page that looks like its showing Reed, Johnny and Victor's death or some kind of confrontation with an army of some kind. I am guessing the one with the pink streaked hair is Victor's granddaughter.

seems like Doom's going to be in Loki: Agent of Asgard # 6!
    aoa cover.jpg

you can read the whole interview with writer Al Ewing here but here's part of it:

CV: Loki will be meeting Doctor Doom in the upcoming issue, and both characters were teased in the upcoming AXIS event. What can we expect from this meeting?

AE: We can expect a clash of the titans - two of the most iconic villains of the Marvel Universe, both trying to be better, each seeing the other as the bad guy. As Fantastic Four readers will know, Doom - assisted by Valeria Richards, one of the few people he has any time for - is trying his hand at altruism. So there are some definite thematic links between Doom and Loki right now - unfortunately, Doom thinks that one sure-fire way to do good for the world is to take Loki out of it. And he's one of the few mortals on the planet with the smarts and the ability to kill our favorite trickster god off.
    sounds promising!

Thanks for adding that news to the thread. I was just catching up on this and I am starting to like the sound of this. I am glad that it doesn't appear that Victor will be on the Red Skull's side

Here's another bit from the story on the Marvel site.

The trickster god Loki, a storied villain who’s frequently straddled the line between chaotic evil and chaotic good, plays another key role in the road to AXIS. In his branch of the journey, Loki finds himself at odds with another tyrant flirting with altruism.
    “AXIS comes to Loki with [LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #6], in a story some fans have been waiting to read for a while: Loki versus Doctor Doom,” teases writer Al Ewing. “Two bad people, trying to be better people—someone’s got to be the winner. Loki's trying to slip the chains of his own future. Now that he knows he's doomed to end up as the maniacal King Loki, he's even more determined to escape predestination and be his own person. Unfortunately, Doom—as part of his work with Valeria Richards to improve the world, as detailed in FANTASTIC FOUR—has journeyed into the future, met King Loki, and decided to take him out of the picture for the good of humanity. So they're on a collision course to the death. Meanwhile, the Red Skull has some plans of his own for the world, and Latveria is right in the firing line.”
    This looks reallly interesting now.

Sean Harry started a thread about Doom's involvement in the Axis event that echoed something I wasn't totally on board with and that is Doom working with the Red Skull in this event. I also think that writers need to remember that there should be a lot of hostility on both sides of this. For his part, the Red Skull would consider Doom part of an inferior race. He only worked with him in Captain America because he needed his chronotech since Arnim Zola was next to useless to him in getting that done. Being a Romani would make Doom very aware of how his people were treated by the Nazis.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-15-2014 at 10:09 AM.

I find Doom's recent interactions with Valeria and his newfound motives to change the world very interesting, and that he's willing to take out Loki has me very excited for the inevitable fight.

Thephantomauthor

This is going to be very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for adding that news to the thread. I was just catching up on this and I am starting to like the sound of this. I am glad that it doesn't appear that Victor will be on the Red Skull's side

Sean Harry started a thread about Doom's involvement in the Axis event that echoed something I wasn't totally on board with and that is Doom working with the Red Skull in this event. I also think that writers need to remember that there should be a lot of hostility on both sides of this. For his part, the Red Skull would consider Doom part of an inferior race. He only worked with him in Captain America because he needed his chronotech since Arnim Zola was next to useless to him in getting that done. Being a a Romani would make Doom very aware of how his people were treated by the Nazis.

I hope that Doom & Red Skull not liking one another will come up during this storyline. While I find them to be great villains and like the idea of these two iconic villains being in the same story, I can't see Dr. Doom working with someone like Red Skull and vice-versa. I feel like the two of them would be utterly repulsed and completely at odds with the idea of working together. Maybe there is a specific reason as to why Doom decides to possibly team with Skull. Either way I hope they are both written well and neither jobs to the other.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope that Doom & Red Skull not liking one another will come up during this storyline. While I find them to be great villains and like the idea of these two iconic villains being in the same story, I can't see Dr. Doom working with someone like Red Skull and vice-versa. I feel like the two of them would be utterly repulsed and completely at odds with the idea of working together. Maybe there is a specific reason as to why Doom decides to possibly team with Skull. Either way I hope they are both written well and neither jobs to the other.
    Knowing Remender he'll probably have Doom jobbed to Red Skull to make the story work. Remender seems to pick and choose which characters should be written OOC example Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Knowing Remender he'll probably have Doom jobbed to Red Skull to make the story work. Remender seems to pick and choose which characters should be written OOC example Rogue.
    If you read the first three and a half issues of his Doctor Voodoo story you would almost think that Remender had preferred that Doom had become the Sorcerer Supreme because he was sure taking him to school. But of course the lead hero prevailed in the end but it was overall a pretty impressive showing for Doom's mystical skills.

Also since Doom is appearing in Loki's title, I wouldn't doubt that Loki will get home court advantage from Al Ewing. Let's just hope it's not as extreme as what the Allreds did with Scott Lang. I wonder if Marvel would even consider even giving Doom his own mini again since they cancelled the other while it was in progress. In a recent CBR poll, there were almost a thousand votes for Doom getting an ongoing. Didn't realize that Poison Ivy had that strong of a fan base though.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-15-2014 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

If you read the first three and a half issues of his Doctor Voodoo story you would almost think that Remender had preferred that Doom had become the Sorcerer Supreme because he was sure taking him to school. But of course the lead hero prevailed in the end but it was overall a pretty impressive showing for Doom's mystical skills.

Also since Doom is appearing in Loki's title, I wouldn't doubt that Loki will get home court advantage from Al Ewing. Let's just hope it's not as extreme as what the Allreds did with Scott Lang. I wonder if Marvel would even consider even giving Doom his own mini again since they cancelled the other while it was in progress. In a recent CBR poll, there were almost a thousand votes for Doom getting an ongoing. Didn't realize that Poison Ivy had that strong of a fan base though.
    Huh, didn't know that. I just figured he never liked the character when he was prompting up his villains in Secret Avengers
    when he was saying something about his villains didn't have Mom issues like Doom.

Sean Harry started a thread about Doom's involvement in the Axis event that echoed something I wasn't totally on board with and that is Doom working with the Red Skull in this event. I also think that writers need to remember that there should be a lot of hostility on both sides of this. For his part, the Red Skull would consider Doom part of an inferior race. He only worked with him in Captain America because he needed his chronotech since Arnim Zola was next to useless to him in getting that done. Being a Romani would make Doom very aware of how his people were treated by the Nazis.

Well yeah Doom should have resentment towards the Red Skull, but I don't think the Red Skull would feel the same. The old red Skull is dead and gone and this one is brand new straight out of WWII. If I'm correct this Red Skull realizes that his hatred towards other humans was wrong because the real enemy is the mutants. That's why the S-Men were of different nationalities. He also might be using his new psychic abilities to manipulate Doom.

Actually reading other threads it looks like that group isn't on the same side. They'll all be doing their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Huh, didn't know that. I just figured he never liked the character when he was prompting up his villains in Secret Avengers
    when he was saying something about his villains didn't have Mom issues like Doom.
    I wish they had the eye rolling smiley here because if that's how he phrased it I am a bit disappointed that he said that. IMO that issue was addressed in Triumph and Torment and should have been put to rest long ago. Yeah, there is still some anger about both his parents fates but IMO he would feel that the whole thing with his Mother is resolved, although not totally in his favor. As Mephisto put it where she will go (after her redemption) he can never follow.

I suppose it's a joke that writers like to toss around, like the Nick Spencer scene in Superior Foes.

Here is some sweet, SWEET Doom vs. FF and Dark Phoenix art I just happened upon via a Byrne Facebook group.

I've seen (and posted on the old forum) the black and white/pencil and ink version of this, but never the colored one until just a few minutes ago. Simply breathtaking stuff...whoever did the color job deserves a round of applause, to say the very least.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven