Page 14 of 337 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That is really one of Bryne's better commissions that he's done recently. Thanks for updating that piece with the coloring job done Miss F.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    Well yeah Doom should have resentment towards the Red Skull, but I don't think the Red Skull would feel the same. The old red Skull is dead and gone and this one is brand new straight out of WWII. If I'm correct this Red Skull realizes that his hatred towards other humans was wrong because the real enemy is the mutants. That's why the S-Men were of different nationalities. He also might be using his new psychic abilities to manipulate Doom.
    It's been a while since I've read that story but has the Red Skull really changed all that much? I would think he would still have some of Hitler's indoctrination influencing him.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Here's Doom on Alex Ross' cover for Amazing Spider-Man #1.5 (click it for the larger image), it's the first time I've seen his mask from this angle.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks Ray, didn't see that before. It sort of reminds me of the life sized bust Alex Ross had done a while back.

Excellent pics, Iron Maiden. That bust looks beautiful.

That bust of Victor is indeed incredible and absolutely exemplifies that much more why I cannot help but heart me some Alex Ross.
    Last edited by Maven; 06-17-2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Typo.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

*sing-song* Look what I just picked up from eBay!!

And my apologies for the size of these photos, but they're directly from the eBay page.

That detail is amazing...quite Bowen-esque IMO. Love the Doom/Latveria seal handle.

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Cool find! It looks similar to one I gave my brother but that was quite a while ago and I don't think it had the seal on the handle

I am sad to see another title ending that had a version of Doom in the cast. CBR interviews Joshua Hale Fialkov about his plans for the Ultimate FF. If this title had better art I think it may have had a better chance. IMO Fialkov tried to inject a bit of fun in this title, especially in the wild card element that Victor van Damme brought to the team.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-26-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Awesome Doom 2099 page from Uncanny Avengers #21!

Uncanny Avengers 21 page 18.jpg
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Thanks ASD. I like Acuna's work on this. Doom 2099 remains one of my favorite titles. So far he's only been playing the role of one of the "gang of Kang" and I've been hoping for more panel time.

BANNED

Interesting. I have to catch up on Uncanny Avengers one day.

Thanks for the link to that Ultimate FF interview, Iron Maiden!

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

For those of you not able to afford (or house) a Legendary scale figure, Sideshow has finally announced the newest Dr Doom Premium format figure, http://marvel.com/news/toys/2014/6/2...w_collectibles

Which has the correct brown eyes
    Last edited by DoomScribe; 06-27-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Just noticed it has a different base than what was previously teased in pictures at the Sideshow Collectibles website, some many months ago.
    This was the tease:

I like the figure a lot though.

A shame really, that I'm more excited by the way the toys and sculptures portray the Lord of Latveria, than by anything coming from the House of Ideas. Which seems to have run out of ideas (and talent) of late.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

BANNED

How AWESOME is that?! I need to win the lottery.

AWESOME is putting it rather mildly...

I've said it before, and I will keep saying it again when the opportunity presents itself...I am always glad to know I'm not the only one with a small pet peeve about when Victor's (as well as Reed's) eyes are the wrong color. The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (IF that is even acknowledged anymore...speaking of the House of Ideas and their overwhelming mediocity-worst lately) has always stated Victor's (and Reed's) eyes to be brown, and that's how they were from the get-go. Although, I don't think Doom fell prey to this as much as his sworn enemy did at one or two or three points in the Lee/Kirby FF issues...sometimes, Reed's eyes wouldn't be brown but instead 'clear'/uncolored. I'm sure it was most likely a printing glitch, but then again, maybe they weren't sure what to make the official eye color at the time, if they were even that detail savvy (bearing in mind that the Official Handbook and its facts weren't even twinkles in Stan and Co.'s eyes at the time)...which I admit I get too much-so about this stuff, more often than not.

BTW, DoomScribe, my apologies for not saying anything about your Doom wing until now, but I had not seen it until I FINALLY went and looked at the earlier pages of this thread a little while ago...color me not just impressed, but absolutely gobsmacked by your collection and its containing room. You have certainly, without a doubt proven your place as one of the utmost top Victor minions of the world.