Page 15 of 337 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    BTW, DoomScribe, my apologies for not saying anything about your Doom wing until now, but I had not seen it until I FINALLY went and looked at the earlier pages of this thread a little while ago...color me not just impressed, but absolutely gobsmacked by your collection and its containing room. You have certainly, without a doubt proven your place as one of the utmost top Victor minions of the world.
    Thank you very much. What can I say, except that I live to serve the Master.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post

BANNED

Well, hopefully this rises above the mediocrity and gives us a great Doom story. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what James Robinson does with a Doom story.

First, superstar writer James Robinson and legendary artist Alex Maleev shine a revealing light on the sins and secrets of the egomaniacal Doctor Doom! The secrets the Watcher held contain the key to dismantling Victor Von Doom and everything he’s built! What lengths will he go to protect his legacy?

If not, we have these cool covers.

You're quite welcome, most honorable servant of Victor! Although it is most certainly not of the magnitude of your wing, here's my ever humble Desktop Council of Dooms in its latest incarnation...

Only thing missing is my Marvel Legends Series II Doom figure, which is on a Byrne themed shelf with my Thing and Torch figures from the same line, along with Marvel Age #14 (the cover of which pays homage to FF #1, with Byrne in place of the Mole Man's monster/'Giganto', as he's lovingly called in Super Hero Squad Online), and Back Issue #38 (with Byrne's Thing and Franklin take on Norman Rockwell's "The Runaway").
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

You're well on your way, young grasshopper!

I must say, I've not seen that hat before. What can you tell me about it? (Must have one for the collection!)
    "Because ... I am Doom

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Well, hopefully this rises above the mediocrity and gives us a great Doom story. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what James Robinson does with a Doom story.

If not, we have these cool covers.

So far the Original Sins mini has been a mixed bag. I liked the Black Knight story in the first half of this week's issues but the Young Avengers ongoing chapters that take up the other half are not of interest to me. But at least the team of Robinson & Maleev sounds promising. Maleev seems to do a lot of convention commissions of Doom that I've seen on the net from time to time.

Default Sideshow Premium Format Doom

Oh my, is that Premium Format Doctor Doom very tempting, Doomscribe. The monthly payments aren't that bad and at 23 inches tall that just might fit in my book shelves. Except I might have to move my Phantom of the Opera stuff around.

Here is a view of the alternate mask I got from the website. I think I like the new style mask a little bit better. And the other details like his gauntlets are just amazing.

BANNED

GORGEOUS! The chain mail under the gauntlets is a great touch. I didn't realize that Kris Anka had something to do with the design of these statues. He's great! The Sideshow IS tempting. But can't swing that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    You're quite welcome, most honorable servant of Victor! Although it is most certainly not of the magnitude of your wing, here's my ever humble Desktop Council of Dooms in its latest incarnation...

Okay, I have been meaning to get that plushie! MUST DO SO.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So far the Original Sins mini has been a mixed bag. I liked the Black Knight story in the first half of this week's issues but the Young Avengers ongoing chapters that take up the other half are not of interest to me. But at least the team of Robinson & Maleev sounds promising. Maleev seems to do a lot of convention commissions of Doom that I've seen on the net from time to time.

Ooooh, that's so pretty! I have a NICE Namor by him, but it's a quick pen and ink. Watercolor, when done right, is lovely.

Yes, I'm not that fond of the YA story, mostly because of the art. But I'm definitely interested in the Black Knight and Doom story. And the short one page Lockjaw story was fun.

You're well on your way, young grasshopper!

I must say, I've not seen that hat before. What can you tell me about it? (Must have one for the collection!)
    Thank you most kindly, DS!

I got the Doom hat at Universal's Islands of Adventure, the Marvel Island shop to be specific, back in 2001/02. I also got a Doom's Fear Fall 'pass' card and a purse with the same design as the hat (Victor's face/mask, as drawn by John Byrne) sometime during the four times I got to go to that park (my dad got annual passes for the family at Disney World and didn't want to waste them on one trip, so my family and I got to go to Orlando four times between 01 and 02, and I got to go to IoA for one day each time). Unfortunately, my bet is that IoA might not have the hats anymore. BUT, since the Fear Fall is still there and operating, I certainly would love to be wrong, and they might still be selling the hats or something similar. As always, eBay is definitely a good place to check on/off...I've seen various FF related IoA souvenirs appear on there time and again.

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

One of these days I have to get down to Universal Studios. I've been to Disney World several times but never to the Orlando Univeral Studios. I've been to the one out in California.

Speaking of that park reminds me of this link I came across from the Jimmy Fallon show where the Roots takes a ride on Doctor Doom's Fearfall I have to admit I watch Letterman and I've only seen a couple of his shows since he took over from Jay Leno. I wonder if they still have someone in the park dressed as Doom?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-28-2014 at 09:15 PM.

BANNED

One of these days I have to get down to Universal Studios. I've been to Disney World several times but never to the Orlando Univeral Studios. I've been to the one out it California.

Speaking of that park reminds me of this link I came across from the Jimmy Fallon show where the Roots takes a ride on Doctor Doom's Fearfall I have to admit I watch Letterman and I've only seen a couple of his shows since he took over from Jay Leno. I wonder if they still have someone in the park dressed as Doom?
    Am I sensing a ... field trip?!

Uhn oh. Will try to look at that when my connection is better.

One of these days I have to get down to Universal Studios. I've been to Disney World several times but never to the Orlando Univeral Studios. I've been to the one out it California.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Am I sensing a ... field trip?!
    I saw that Fallon clip when it aired!! It thrilled me to no end to see that the Fear Fall was still up and running...for very obvious reasons, it is my most favorite ride in all of Universal/Islands of Adventure, even more-so than the Hulk and Dueling Dragons coasters (which are very fun too and certainly not chopped liver). I wonder if the waiting area still has the video with Doom discussing how the Fear Fall works and his plans for global conquest and vanquishing the FF (complete with several mentions AND showings of them, much to my delight at the time, needless to say ;-) ). BTW, the ride is not that scary at all...it's essentially an open air elevator with a GREAT view of the park. I swear that on my last ever visit thus far to IoA, I rode the Fear Fall at least fifteen-twenty times in a row before I went back to the hotel...no joke. I remember kidding around on the message boards at the time about how, thanks to me, the Fear Fall was filled with considerably more ecstasy than fear.

BTW, speaking of my last ever IoA visit thus far, I really, REALLY hate I never had a picture of this taken...I paid the ten dollars to have my face painted like Victor's, and I was wearing my FF uniform shirt that day. It was an absolute blast to see everyone's reactions as I walked around Marvel Island. But THE BEST was the man dressed as Doom...when I passed by him, he took one look at me, and immediately shook his head.

I don't know if I could immediately do a field trip, but it would be tempting...
    Last edited by Maven; 06-28-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Tidying.

I've always wanted to go. I am a fair distance from there, sad to say. Have to get permission to leave the Den of Madness™, as well.
    "Because ... I am Doom

BANNED

I've always wanted to go. I am a fair distance from there, sad to say. Have to get permission to leave the Den of Madness™, as well.
    Heh. Doom is demanding.

I am going to Chicago to the big con in the next year or two, and I hope I can meet Iron Maiden.

The Master doesn't still have you in those thumbscrews does he? What have you done now? LOL