Page 16 of 337 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    I saw that Fallon clip when it aired!! It thrilled me to no end to see that the Fear Fall was still up and running...for very obvious reasons, it is my most favorite ride in all of Universal/Islands of Adventure, even more-so than the Hulk and Dueling Dragons coasters (which are very fun too and certainly not chopped liver). I wonder if the waiting area still has the video with Doom discussing how the Fear Fall works and his plans for global conquest and vanquishing the FF (complete with several mentions AND showings of them, much to my delight at the time, needless to say ;-) ). BTW, the ride is not that scary at all...it's essentially an open air elevator with a GREAT view of the park. I swear that on my last ever visit thus far to IoA, I rode the Fear Fall at least fifteen-twenty times in a row before I went back to the hotel...no joke. I remember kidding around on the message boards at the time about how, thanks to me, the Fear Fall was filled with considerably more ecstasy than fear.

BTW, speaking of my last ever IoA visit thus far, I really, REALLY hate I never had a picture of this taken...I paid the ten dollars to have my face painted like Victor's, and I was wearing my FF uniform shirt that day. It was an absolute blast to see everyone's reactions as I walked around Marvel Island. But THE BEST was the man dressed as Doom...when I passed by him, he took one look at me, and immediately shook his head.

I don't know if I could immediately do a field trip, but it would be tempting...
    Yeah, I am waiting to see if I could tag along when my brother and his wife take their 8 year old triplets. They are too short for a lot of the rides right now.

The Doom face pic would have been EPIC! What a loss!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I am waiting to see if I could tag along when my brother and his wife take their 8 year old triplets. They are too short for a lot of the rides right now.

The Doom face pic would have been EPIC! What a loss!
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I also have twin nephews and they are in their late 20s now.

They are really big Marvel fans. They have their own set of the EagleMoss figures and they play the Superhero Squad online game. They've also been collecting the new Eaglemoss fact files. I want to see what the Fantastic Four chess pieces look like. I figure Doom is probably going to be the Black King.

BANNED

I also have twin nephews and they are in their late 20s now.

They are really big Marvel fans. They have their own set of the EagleMoss figures and they play the Superhero Squad online game. They've also been collecting the new Eaglemoss fact files. I want to see what the Fantastic Four chess pieces look like. I figure Doom is probably going to be the Black King.
    Did you order that? I ended up buying the as they come out at the LCBS, and am kicking myself now.

Well, that's great! I keep trying to indoctrinate my niece to no avail. Hello Kitty all the way and pink. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Did you order that? I ended up buying the as they come out at the LCBS, and am kicking myself now.

Well, that's great! I keep trying to indoctrinate my niece to no avail. Hello Kitty all the way and pink. O_O
    No, I haven't ordered any of the chess pieces yet. They show up pretty sporadically at the LCS and I think they just have the DC ones for now.

BANNED

No, I haven't ordered any of the chess pieces yet. They show up pretty sporadically at the LCS and I think they just have the DC ones for now.
    I wish I had ordered it direct, then I could have gotten the special edition FF pieces. Now I'll have to hunt eBay or cons.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Dr Doom as the black king, this is from a Marvel (?) chess set. I just have the one figure, don't know if it's the same as for a Fantastic Four chess set, which I've not seen.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Previews for comics scheduled for September 2014:

Fantastic Four #10

Fantastic Four annual #1 (2014) - cool cover

Loki Agent of Asgard #6 (already been posted)
    "Because ... I am Doom

The Master doesn't still have you in those thumbscrews does he? What have you done now? LOL
    Fortunately my thumbs have survived, the Master still needs me to type. Alas, delays and cost overruns on the Wing of Doom™ means that I'm on a short leash, and still waiting for the Dr Doom Legendary figure, which is trying the Master's patience to say the least.
    "Because ... I am Doom

BANNED

I am really looking forward to that Loki book. LONG overdue meeting between those two.

And of course, will be buying those other two FF book

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post

Dr Doom as the black king, this is from a Marvel (?) chess set. I just have the one figure, don't know if it's the same as for a Fantastic Four chess set, which I've not seen.
    This looks great! I love the dark wash on the figure, to tone down the color a bit. I didn't realize Marvel had done a chess set already.

The FF pieces we were talking about were a special bonus Eaglemoss was offering if you subscribed with them to get the Marvel chess set. I guess you could interchange them out for the corresponding pieces in the regular set. I'll see if I can find the link later.

Here's a preview (of sorts) to Original Sins #4, featuring Doom.

It features a nice page there with Doom. The site is actually in Spanish:

http://www.universomarvel.com/2014/0...-originales-4/

sad to say but release of the Legendary scale Dr Doom figure from Sideshow Collectibles has been delayed again. Now set for release in September.

The Master will not be pleased. I'm a little peeved myself (it was originally slated for April release).

The Premium figure previously posted, is scheduled for May 2015 release. Probably won't see it by then either.

Last edited by DoomScribe; 07-02-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    "Because ... I am Doom

Definitely a lowdown dirty shame about the delay on the Legendary Scale figure of ol' Vic...by Jove, I could stare at the detail in that armor all day.

I have to ask this as someone who has never bought from Sideshow Collectibles before...have they always been known for delayed beyond delayed releases like this?
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

I wish I knew Miss F. All I know is that they sure are expensive. But it shows in the workmanship. I am sure tempted by the smaller Premium format and at least it looks easier to ship. By the way, thanks for the compliments on my Bowen collectibles in the other thread. I am slow catching up these days and we had a bad storm (again!) the other day. Our block was lucky but there were trees down all over the place.

Some Doom news: Per the 100th anniversary FF issue, he has a granddaughter!