Page 204 of 337 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 5046

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    If he had said "one of my favorites" then I could go with that. Maker vs 616 Doom has a lot of potential. Not sure it will actually happen. Also not sure Bendis has a handle on Maker. Something odd happened to him at the end of SW #9 that is just beginning to be explored by Ewing in New Avengers. Apparently he is a multiversal singularity, almost similar to what Hickman reconned Owen Reece as.
    Multiversal singularity???

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousODG View Post
    Multiversal singularity???
    Yeah. He exists as an entity with a shared consciousness across multiple realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Yeah. He exists as an entity with a shared consciousness across multiple realities.
    Well, that definitely puts him as my favorite Ultimate-verse character, well I haven't read too much of the ultimates since personally I find it estetically awfull on most characters but the maker really goes off that list.

Can't wait for the next issue.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was really disappointed in the Ultimate comics after a while. I mostly just read the Ultimate Fantastic Four and the biggest disappointment to me was Warren Ellis and (I think) Mark Millar's version, Victor Van Damme. First of all, the name was sort of a joke using the Claude van Damme's surname and then they also made Victor's family home in Brussels as I recall...you know like Van Damme's nickname "the Muscles from Brussels."

I didn't like that he had an abusive father that frequently beat him. Then we had the transformation into goat-legged Doctor Doom. Eventually they tried to get rid of that feature/affliction in the "Frightful" storyline, which I did enjoy. Victor decided to do the right thing at the end and take on the zombieverse on his own. He later returned towards the dying days of the Ultimate line and he was almost like a comic relief character as part of the Ultimate Fantastic Four. He had put his goat legs and metallic skin to good use in fighting off zombies in the Ultimate Universe. He didn't get killed by Ben Grimm in Ultimatum. It was Mary Storm that supposedly died instead, dressed in Doom armor.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-20-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was really disappointed in the Ultimate comics after a while. I mostly just read the Ultimate Fantastic Four and the biggest disappointment to me was Warren Ellis and (I think) Mark Millar's version, Victor Van Damme. First of all, the name was sort of a joke using the Claude van Damme's surname and then they also made Victor's family home in Brussels as I recall...you know like Van Damme's nickname "the Muscles from Brussels."

I didn't like that he had an abusive father that frequently beat him. Then we had the transformation into goat-legged Doctor Doom. Eventually that tried to get rid of that feature/affliction in the "Frightful" storyline, which I did enjoy. Victor decided to do the right thing at the end and take on the zombieverse on his own. He later returned towards the dying days of the Ultimate line and he was almost like a comic relief character as part of the Ultimate Fantastic Four. He had put his goat legs and metallic skin to good use in fighting off zombies in the Ultimate Universe. He didn't get killed by Ben Grimm in Ultimatum. It was Mary Storm that supposedly died instead, dressed in Doom armor.
    Damn, that sure is something to process. Like I said I totally skipped the ultimate universe but I'll have to take a look at it after all this. But yes, the whole Van Damme thing..not my cup of tea, don't get me wrong I loves me some 1994 street fighter and all his movies but not enough to mix it up with Doom's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical.SBK View Post
    Damn, that sure is something to process. Like I said I totally skipped the ultimate universe but I'll have to take a look at it after all this. But yes, the whole Van Damme thing..not my cup of tea, don't get me wrong I loves me some 1994 street fighter and all his movies but not enough to mix it up with Doom's story.
    I thought the name choice may have been an attempt by Millar/Bendis/Ellis (all three had worked on the title at various points in the first 12 issues) to make Doom's name less "comic booky". Long time readers have accepted it and more often than not he's just referred to as just "Doom" and not Doctor Doom.

The Ultimate Universe was a really big thing for Marvel at the launch and it was a way to get Millar and Bendis to work on titles without worrying about decades of continuity and canon to deal with. But after a while, they seemed to forget their own canon on characters. Briefly, Doom was drawn without the goat legs but after Ultimatum, they came back again. It seemed to me like the whole purpose of the Ultimatum mini series was to just get rid of characters in the most gruesome ways possible.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-20-2016 at 11:23 AM.

I thought the name choice may have been an attempt by Millar/Bendis/Ellis (all three had worked on the title at various points in the first 12 issues) to make Doom's name less "comic booky". Long time readers have accepted it and more often than not he's just referred to as just "Doom" and not Doctor Doom.

The Ultimate Universe was a really big thing for Marvel at the launch and it was a way to get Millar and Bendis to work on titles without worrying about decades of continuity and canon do deal with. But after a while, they seemed to forget their own canon on characters. Briefly, Doom was drawn without the goat legs but after Ultimatum, they came back again. It seemed to me like the whole purpose of the Ultimatum mini series was to just get rid of characters in the most gruesome ways possible.
    I think it makes sense untill certain point, I mean, he was/is ruler, God, in-n-out hero, somewhat that makes the whole "Dr." less impressive at this point and just Doom at this day and age it's self explanatory. That being said I have no problem with new takes on classics as long as they are (how to put it?) awesome haha. I did see the goat legged Doom in some pictures and all I can say about it is: not a fan of the overall look lol but I'd have to get in the story to give a full opinion.

Reboots are a great chance to get a new take on classic characters but it HAS to be good or else it will fail miserably. I cannot say I didn't love the whole Secret Wars take on Doom (how couldn't I?) and this whole new chapter is looking awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanical.SBK View Post
    I think it makes sense untill certain point, I mean, he was/is ruler, God, in-n-out hero, somewhat that makes the whole "Dr." less impressive at this point and just Doom at this day and age it's self explanatory. That being said I have no problem with new takes on classics as long as they are (how to put it?) awesome haha. I did see the goat legged Doom in some pictures and all I can say about it is: not a fan of the overall look lol but I'd have to get in the story to give a full opinion.

Reboots are a great chance to get a new take on classic characters but it HAS to be good or else it will fail miserably. I cannot say I didn't love the whole Secret Wars take on Doom (how couldn't I?) and this whole new chapter is looking awesome too.
    I like that he use another title from title time to time. In some stories done by Gerry Conway in the 1970's, his underlings will call him Herr Baron and he does have barony that he probably got from his coup. Sometimes he would be called Lord Doom and I think I like that one better than "Doctor"

I like that he use another title from title time to time. In some stories done by Gerry Conway in the 1970's, his underlings will call him Herr Baron and he does have barony that he probably got from his coup. Sometimes he would be called Lord Doom and I think I like that one better than "Doctor"
    Lord Doom sounds way better to me.

Do you guys think this book will have any supporting characters for Doom? Amara might be one, but I am curious if there are more.

I'd like to see them bring back Kristoff Vernard again. I like to think I influenced Jonathan Hickman into using him in his Fantastic Four run because I met him at the first Chicago C2E2 convention when he first started his Fantastic Four run. We've not seen him since Doom left with the Molecule Man way back in Hickman's New Avengers. They had a very good father / son relationship when he was writing the title.

I know this is unlikely but I also liked the dynamic between Doom and Valeria Richards but she's with her family now. Doom 2099 did a good job of creating a supporting cast like Fortune, Wire, Poet, etc. so maybe Bendis can toss some new ones in there. Who knows, maybe Pepper may end up working for him and Tony and she's due to appear in issue #3. I always liked Lancer from Planet Doom but I guess there's very little chance of her appearing again since current canon is that they were all artificial beings there.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-20-2016 at 11:46 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Semi-serious question: Do you want the thread title to be changed to "Infamous Iron Man" or have that added, or leave it as is?

IM, I miss Kristoff too.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hey, I never thought of that Ray. So it could be Doctor Doom the Infamous Iron Man appreciation thread? or Doom the Infamous Iron Man? Anyone else have suggestions?

I'd also like krystoff to come back but personally I prefer the Victor/Valeria team-up, even tho we've passed the whole daughter of doom thing I like it how it's always a father/daughter kinda relationship, we get to see a somewhat more human Doom in their interactions.

Great idea, here's some suggestions:
    Infamous Iron Doom appreciation thread
    Infamous Lord Doom appreciation thread

Also, I would love to see victor kicking sentry's butt you know...as a rematch.
    Last edited by Mechanical.SBK; 10-21-2016 at 05:26 AM.

BANNED

I wouldn't mind "Victor Von Doom: The Infamous Iron Man-An Appreciation Thread" as the new title.