Page 259 of 337 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269309 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 5046
    San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Happy Father's Day!

"Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for posting that memory, Doomscribe.

I know you feel the same as I and that is that writers tend to forget the father/son part of Victor's childhood. In many ways, I think it hit him harder than the death of his mother. After all, his father sacrificed his own life by keeping his son protected from the elements as well as he could.

Byrne was the only one that I can recall that brings this up

It's official.....Infamous Iron Man #12 is the series finale.

What I thought might have been a Maleev commission is really the cover for Issue #12. There's also a Venomized Variant. I have no idea what the Venom thing is about but it's just a variant. So it is unlikely to have any bearing on the story.

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #12

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • ALEX MALEEV (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY Alex Maleev

• The epic climax to one of the most critically acclaimed stories of the year! With enemies on all sides, how can Victor Von Doom continue to carry on the legacy of Iron Man…especially when the legacy of Doctor Doom still haunts him at every turn?
    • Don’t miss this very special issue, as its events will have massive repercussions for the rest of the Marvel Universe!
    • 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

I suppose that I should be pleased to see Infamous Iron Man survive for 12 issues. As recent history attests, most new Marvel comics don't even make it this far anymore. Surviving for a whole year, despite the lack of promotion from Marvel, is a huge achievement for Infamous Iron Man whichever way you look at it. Still, the comic is ending regardless and that doesn't sit well with me.

It's a long shot but perhaps Doom could get another new book now, something not directly associated with Iron Man? It's not beyond the realm of possibility, Marvel is awfully fond of new #1 issues. Yet it seems that Marvel is circling the wagons, so to speak, by reducing the number of comics they will publish from now on. Infamous Iron Man could just as easily be the one and only Doom book published for the remainder of this decade. Like Doom 2099 before it, we might have to wait until the 2030s for Marvel to once again give Doom his own book. Assuming of course that Marvel even manages to stay in business that long.

The print format is definitely on shaky ground. But that brings up another aspect of this and that is that Infamous Iron Man always was listed as top seller on the weekly list at Comixology. I think that has to be something that Marvel would look at also.

The latest numbers from Infamous Iron Man for the month of May have the title just squeaking into the top 100. Comicchron's estimated the sales figures at 26,330. Anything that the digital sales could add would push it towards the 30,000 mark. In today's climate that's not bad. I think that bodes well for perhaps another limited series if someone pitches something worthwhile to Marvel. I think probably goes without saying that because Bendis pitched Infamous Iron Man it raised the odds of it getting done and fairly soon after Secret Wars.

What I find to be a trend for just about any book these days outside of Batman is that a new book starts out with great numbers and then there is the monthly attrition of sales. IMO it's the industry cannibalizing itself with events and multiple relaunches that push things down the list. I guess if anything it shows that there is a core group of fans that have stayed with it. For what it's worth, the online comic critics reviews were very favorable. For myself, I would rather have seen it move along at a faster pace but since Bendis but now that we know that #12 is the end it's now apparent that we won't find out much about who the woman is that claims to be his mother until it nears the end. I wonder when the Maker will show his hand in all this? So far Victor seems to be unaware of his presence.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-21-2017 at 06:54 AM.

BANNED

Looks like the story of Vic will continue in... sigh, "Iron Man" AKA Bendis' OC:

On one hand, I want the book both for Victor and Tony when he comes back. On the other... I despise Ree-Ree and Bendis on IM... Sigh... An interesting tidbit however, is that according to sources, the original cover was Tony & Doom in their new suits, not Ree-Ree & Doom. So there's that.

You mean to say they were going to bring Tony back, but decided to keep Riri as the lead for a while longer, necessitating a cover edit?

iMan 42s

I knew it was going to be limited and I'm sad to see it go, but I love Infamous Iron man and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to read an Iron man book that is a bit more narrative focused.

I'm genuinely surprised that Bendis could do a genuinely good incarnation of Victor. Simultaneously it's disappointing that every other writer chose Riri over a lead that had a stronger narrative and hook to the series. Beyond what we already know about Riri (Gunshots, dead friend, Iron Prodigy) I just don't know anything about her or her personality, but Infamous Victor is arguably a blank slate that Bendis really defined. Victor wants redemption but he is also looking for a blank slate and so he is gentler but stern, he is smart not an ******* (though he Victor can snark with the best of them), and is very task oriented. Victor should be a big player in Secret Empire given what he has learned and his quest for redemption but we continue to have Riri be ineffectual. I'd argue Victor is the true Iron man successor of this Marvel Era, here's to the hope it gets a relaunch and actually advertised.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean to say they were going to bring Tony back, but decided to keep Riri as the lead for a while longer, necessitating a cover edit?
    I'm not sure, but... kinda. Apparently when Marvel teased Legacy to retailers, they used different covers, with Banner in that Hulk cover, and Tony in the Iron Man cover. There's also the rumor that these are just October's Variants, and are not the proper covers to the new series. So there are two options: The real cover features Tony and the one we've seen is a variant, or they're gonna hold off on bringing back Tony until it hits a milestone issue.

But either way, for me at least, if the title features Ree-Ree & Bendis, I'll pass. There's no way I'll spend 4,40$ on a book about a mediocre writer's self-insert who keeps on destroying everything about the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I knew it was going to be limited and I'm sad to see it go, but I love Infamous Iron man and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to read an Iron man book that is a bit more narrative focused.
    The thing is, Infamous is actually more of an Iron Man book than Ree-Ree's is. The old-school IM books were action-heavy, yes, but the main themes were always Stark's humanity, morality, choices and whatnot. It was never about quips and "whoa, kewl art brah". So, in a way, Victor's title was a more fitting successor!

I'm genuinely surprised that Bendis could do a genuinely good incarnation of Victor.
    Same here. But to be fair, he's essentially working with a "blank slate", so to speak, and he hasn't done anything extraordinary. He's just not written him as awful as he has other characters, mainly Moon Knight.

Simultaneously it's disappointing that every other writer chose Riri over a lead that had a stronger narrative and hook to the series. Beyond what we already know about Riri (Gunshots, dead friend, Iron Prodigy) I just don't know anything about her or her personality, but Infamous Victor is arguably a blank slate that Bendis really defined.Victor wants redemption but he is also looking for a blank slate and so he is gentler but stern, he is smart not an ******* (though he Victor can snark with the best of them), and is very task oriented.
    Know what the problem is with Ree-Ree? I mean, apart from the fact that she's annoying, her whole motivation is her creating a non-existant fight with her teacher, and everybody in the Marvel Universe loving here, 'cause she's Bendis' daughter self-insert, the biggest fault lies in the concept itself. Do you know how many people have built Iron Man armors? A whole lot. Do you know what happened every time? Tony busted in and took their cr@p. Kids building Stark-Tech from leaked desins has been played for a joker for years now. It's always like this:

Villain-"AHA, Iron Man, I have you on the ropes now! Look at my mighty armor!"

Iron Man-"Pfft, whatever, I just busted in two kids for building a Stark-Bomb."

The idea that Tony, the guy who went around beating on Stingray because he believed he had Stark-Tech, would be so impressed that a kid built an Armor, that he'd actually give that kid access to everything is... I can't really describe how much of an out Of Character move that it. I'm just going with my "the Real Tony is lost in space and this is a Skrull" headcanon to explain all that.

Victor should be a big player in Secret Empire given what he has learned and his quest for redemption but we continue to have Riri be ineffectual. I'd argue Victor is the true Iron man successor of this Marvel Era, here's to the hope it gets a relaunch and actually advertised.
    There won't be an infamous relaunch because:

a) It's just a Bendis thing.

b) He's going to have him fight Ree-Ree for the mantle as seen on the covers.

So my guess is that Tony wakes up, tells Vic to GTFO, shills Ree-Ree and something-something-something Victor turns evil, or at least morally grey again. And hey, before you say "madness", remember, Eddiebrock was going around killing symbiotes, and just because Marvel wanted 90sNom back, they had his character do a 180, so anything and everything is possible...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Doom makes a cameo in CBR's Dazzler article.

I did not realize he was on the back of the wraparound cover. It's a weird juxtaposition, because you would never associate Doom, who plays classics on the piano, with American rock, which he would consider another sign of American/Western cultural decadence and another reason to conquer it beneath his iron boot. His expression and posture says it all.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    I'm not sure, but... kinda. Apparently when Marvel teased Legacy to retailers, they used different covers, with Banner in that Hulk cover, and Tony in the Iron Man cover. There's also the rumor that these are just October's Variants, and are not the proper covers to the new series. So there are two options: The real cover features Tony and the one we've seen is a variant, or they're gonna hold off on bringing back Tony until it hits a milestone issue.
    I agree that they're all variants. Only one of the covers uses the new headshot corner box art (Miles Morales). A lot of them, such as the X books, are also using retro logos, matching the covers they're homaging. However, Tony on the Iron Man cover and Banner on the Hulk cover won't be the main covers. They'll be completely different, with a standardised cover design and uniform corner boxes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I agree that they're all variants. Only one of the covers uses the new headshot corner box art (Miles Morales). A lot of them, such as the X books, are also using retro logos, matching the covers they're homaging. However, Tony on the Iron Man cover and Banner on the Hulk cover won't be the main covers. They'll be completely different, with a standardised cover design and uniform corner boxes.
    Well, I did read some particularly nasty and bad-sounding rumors, so dunno about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Doom makes a cameo in CBR's Dazzler article.

I did not realize he was on the back of the wraparound cover. It's a weird juxtaposition, because you would never associate Doom, who plays classics on the piano, with American rock, which he would consider another sign of American/Western cultural decadence and another reason to conquer it beneath his iron boot. His expression and posture says it all.
    Thanks for posting that Ray. You may not have been competing that week but I did use it in the comic book covers contest in the Community forum. I bought that years ago at a time when I considered $1.50 a lot to spend! My brother has it packed away somewhere.

Here's another of those homage Legacy covers, this time using Fantastic Four #200

It's beginning to look like even if Tony stops him from calling himself Iron Man (which frankly he should!) Victor is going to continue to use the new armor. I'd like to see it look less like a Stark creation and more like a Doom creation with some more elaborate design details to sort of homage his old armor a bit. Or make it look more like the 2099 armor.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-25-2017 at 09:21 AM.

BANNED

#9:

spoilers:
    Goddamn it Bendis you hack, stop shilling your OCs, writting tedious dialogue, turning decompression up to 11 and ignoring continuity.
    end of spoilers

Somebody stop Bendis...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    #9:

spoilers:
    Goddamn it Bendis you hack, stop shilling your OCs, writting tedious dialogue, turning decompression up to 11 and ignoring continuity.
    end of spoilers

Somebody stop Bendis...

Well, this is certainly the weakest issue of Infamous Iron Man by far...

spoilers:
    A protagonist is supposed to drive the story forward but with Doom spending most of the issue drugged and unconscious that didn't happen. So, for this reason alone I can't call #9 a good issue. Surely there had to be a better way of getting Doom from point A to B? Preferably while conscious.

Then you have Riri, in what might be her most infuriating act yet. Once again getting praised as a great hero when good fortune falls into her lap.

Oh well, at least the artwork in #9 is beautiful as always. Which has made the whole issue bearable.
    end of spoilers

Hopefully, things will improve in the lead-up to #12 and this book can regain its usual high standard.