Page 271 of 337 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 5046

Doom doesn't need to return to Dr. Doom, Maker in many ways fills the vacuum he left behind. Victor (minus some odd stories here and there and the stupid Fraction story) had already become an antihero in Hickman's hands. Let him live in that Namor-esque space. I'm ok with evil Richards doing the dirty work.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    The void was pushed by Bendis but he just wasn't some ultimate being that should be able to keep Doom in line. So Nate Grey returns from the dead in Dark xmen..fights Sentry and Sentry runs for his life yet Doom is gonna sit there like an obedient soldier as Namor gets punked out? The guy who challenged Onslaught when he was UTTERLY UNSTOPPABLE? lol.
    At least Doom did take care it it eventually. When Osborn had Sentry/Void attack, Doom unleashed a swarm of nanobots on his HQ

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-11-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    At least Doom did take care it it eventually. When Osborn had Sentry/Void attack, Doom unleashed some a swarm of nanobots on his HQ
    One of my favorite Doom moments. Gotta give credit to the artist for the sheer work drawing all those bots.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I was just re- reading it and it was a good issue. It was one time at least that Doom stuck up for his frenemy Namor. I also checked on the credits. David Finch did the cover of Siege: The Cabal. The interior art was by Michael Lark and Matt Hollingsworth, who has been doing Infamous Iron Man, is the colorist.

I thought this scene was funny. Doom is summoned by Osborn and he sees there Cabal has found some replacements for Namor and Emma

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-11-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Osborn vs Doom? The end writes itself... the only question is how much collateral damage there will be.

Yeah, Osborn was out of his depth and it took a lot of plot armor to get him into a position of power in the US government. I don't know how he would have passed a background check. Wasn't it well known that he was a bit off his rocker?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, Osborn was out of his depth and it took a lot of plot armor to get him into a position of power in the US government. I don't know how he would have passed a background check. Wasn't it well known that he was a bit off his rocker?
    Do people really want to look at today's world and say with a straight face that incompetent or unstable people aren't placed in positions of power?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Do people really want to look at today's world and say with a straight face that incompetent or unstable people aren't placed in positions of power?
    Yet another billionaire who's misdeeds are overlooked, buying his way into power. These days, morality and character hardly seem to matter.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I was trying to get into today's political quagmire and then have people arguing about that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    Yet another billionaire who's misdeeds are overlooked, buying his way into power. These days, morality and character hardly seem to matter.
    It took alot of racists to get him that far though...as the voting results proved big time.

In-universe? Osborne is not publically known to be a criminal.

BANNED

From Today's "The Invincible Daughterfu of Bendis":

>So, Karadick goes from a man in his 40s with a beard and shaved head to a blonde hunk.
    >Latveria has no schools. Yeah, Doom never created any schools.
    >The hardened general of a small Balkan nation accepts a 15 YO American Black Girl as the new Queen...

Jesus F-ing H. Christ... How much more blatant can they be? HOW?! How can Bendis keep getting away with it?! HOW?! ...Y'know, I'd pay good money for an oversized issue where Bendis' Daughterfu is killed in horrific ways by every Marvel Villain...

BANNED

The tone of this latest 'Iron Heart' issue is really jarring. Are we supposed to cheer for Riri after she absent-mindedly conquered Latveria and introduced some quick fix policies before disappearing back to America? Or are we supposed to be concerned about Riri's reckless use of power, when she's willing to ignore Shield and cooperate with local militia if it gets her what she wants?

No joke, Riri really is looking more and more like a supervillain with every passing issue. But I don’t think that’s the intention of Bendis or Marvel’s editors, they’re just so ham-fisted with how they write Riri that even when she’s obstinately doing good she still ends up looking like an amoral psychopath.

Anyway, more the the point - what does Doom think about this? He can't be happy about having an American 'superhero' messing with Laveria while he's otherwise distracted by the Maker.
    Last edited by Kintor; 08-17-2017 at 01:56 AM.

So how many pages did you guys get in your copy? I got home from the LCS and mine only has 10 pages! Tell me this is a printing error! It ends at the Five Things you don't know about Tony Stark and I don't have the page posted about with General Karadick, who looks completely different from Infamous Iron Man. He sure grew hair quickly! I don't have the page with the digital code either.

Had to go back to the LCS and exchange my copy. About half of the pages where missing in some kind of peculiar printing error. Maybe I was better off not seeing those pages

Quote Originally Posted by Techno_Knight View Post
    From Today's "The Invincible Daughterfu of Bendis":

>So, Karadick goes from a man in his 40s with a beard and shaved head to a blonde hunk.
    >Latveria has no schools. Yeah, Doom never created any schools.
    >The hardened general of a small Balkan nation accepts a 15 YO American Black Girl as the new Queen...

Jesus F-ing H. Christ... How much more blatant can they be? HOW?! How can Bendis keep getting away with it?! HOW?! ...Y'know, I'd pay good money for an oversized issue where Bendis' Daughterfu is killed in horrific ways by every Marvel Villain...
    I understand there being a miscommunication with the artists...barely. Isn't it sort of up to the artist to find out how a character looks? Does Bendis clue them in?

But maybe this explains why the Green Bear does such an inexplicable about face. It's General Karadick's younger, better looking brother (*sarcasm*) Didn't he and his troops welcome Lucia into Latveria in a previous issue as their new leader? We know Bendis can be guilty of not checking into the backstory of a character but in this case he doesn't even seem to remember his own character. Karadick was given a clear directive on what he should be doing....twice. We never saw the scenes but Victor tells him that first meeting we saw that he didn't do as told. Then Karadick goes and starts consorting with Lucia instead of seeking out the woman Victor vetted for him on the spot.e always looked to be a schemer. He probably sent those troops to loot the food storage as we saw in a previous Infamous Iron Man. That subplot could have worked where he is corrupt and undermining Victor's intentions. In this story he's just a cuddly green bear that is obeying a stranger from the U.S. who's barely old enough to drive a car.

Bendis is frequently been guilty of not knowing or disregarding the back history of characters but in this story it's worse because he does it with a character he just created himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    The tone of this latest 'Iron Heart' issue is really jarring. Are we supposed to cheer for Riri after she absent-mindedly conquered Latveria and introduced some quick fix policies before disappearing back to America? Or are we supposed to be concerned about Riri's reckless use of power, when she's willing to ignore Shield and cooperate with local militia if it gets her what she wants?

No joke, Riri really is looking more and more like a supervillain with every passing issue. But I don’t think that’s the intention of Bendis or Marvel’s editors, they’re just so ham-fisted with how they write Riri that even when she’s obstinately doing good she still ends up looking like an amoral psychopath.

Anyway, more the the point - what does Doom think about this? He can't be happy about having an American 'superhero' messing with Laveria while he's otherwise distracted by the Maker.
    I just find it weird that Bendis shows Doom going back to the ruins of his castle several times in this series but doesn't show him checking the current situation in Latveria. Clearly Karadick is not the man for the job yet he left him to take care of things a second time when the first time showed that he wasn't capable. As I mentioned earlier....I can't figure out if this guy is just scheming and has some other agenda for disobeying or he's just stupid.

Even more lame is the scene where some Latverians storm onto the scene who I assume if part of the ragtag resistance. They come in speaking English but then they need a translator when talking to the Americans. Bendis just throws together some random letters for the language that make no sense whatsover in a scene that's really pointless.

Bendis's rule of law is pretty weak too when he tries to justify RiRi suddenly being the legitimate ruler of Latveria just because she says so. But he and Millar showed little regard for how the U.S government operates in CW so that shouldn't be a surprise.

Lucia von Bardas could be a great supporting character / adversary but Bendis clearly goes back to his own sketchy version from her debut. Brubaker at least showed that she is someone that can come up with a plan to take down Doom in Winter Soldier. I wish we would get to find out one day just what their prior history is. IIRC Doom tells her in Winter Soldier that he has found her to be a disappointment but why and how did that opinion come about?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-18-2017 at 07:08 AM.