Page 286 of 337 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 5046

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I wonder if Maleev will be doing all the Doom pages?
    That seems to be the plan.

Bendis posted a preview for Invincible Iron Man #594 which he says is part of a sequence painted by Maleev. .Looks like all those escapees from Rykers have caught up to Doom.

I wonder if Maleev will be doing all the Doom pages?

Damn it! And he said "painted"? So I will have to buy the book till the end - nearly one buck by page with Doom I don't want to miss?!?

Ok.. I'll most probably do it... and won't trust the solicits about the artists involved : I'll check each time at the store if it really word is it!

Half-joke put aside, it makes me question how separated the different storylines will be? For now at best a phone call to Doom next issue then he gets kidnapped? Or he gets kidnapped and they can reach him only when is free? Or freed by Riri? I really regret the separation of the books...

Nice art of course...

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I guess things happen pretty quickly if he gets captured/confronted by that gang next issue. I wish this would have been covered in Infamous Iron Man. But I guess they would have to commit to another 6 issues so it could be collected in a TPB. I hope these villains didn't find his nice new home in Switzerland.

Until next week when the Gwenpool comic will be out as she begins her mission to take down Doom, here's something interesting I found on tumblr. A cover for the Panini edition of Grant Morrison and Jae Lee's Fantastic Four 1234. I couldn't find an artist credit though.

Until next week when the Gwenpool comic will be out as she begins her mission to take down Doom, here's something interesting I found on tumblr. A cover for the Panini edition of Grant Morrison and Jae Lee's Fantastic Four 1234. I couldn't find an artist credit though.

Found who the artiste is : Denis Bajram. A French Guy - but with Balkanic origins : his family came in France from Albany. Once more an artist with links to the Balkan shows great skills in the portrayal of the most famous Latverian!!!

While Panini is an international group it's a product of Panini Comics France - for their 20th anniversary. They did a really nice collector edition of Triumph and Torment last year : giant size with a movable cover which is also a two sides huge poster.
    Last edited by Abe; 11-02-2017 at 01:59 PM.

BANNED

Huh, I used to buy the Panini publications, alongside the Anubis ones, before I found out about the LCS in the Capital that brings in shipments straight from the US. I liked the fact that they packed 2 or more issues in every... well, for a lack of a better term, "issue".

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Found who the artiste is : Denis Bajram. A French Guy - but with Balkanic origins : his family came in France from Albany. Once more an artist with links to the Balkan shows great skills in the portrayal of the most famous Latverian!!!

While Panini is an international group it's a product of Panini Comics France - for their 20th anniversary. They did a really nice collector edition of Triumph and Torment last year : giant size with a movable cover which is also a two sides huge poster.
    That is interesting that Bajram has ties to Eastern European artist also, then Maleev is Bulgarian and Ribic is Croatian. I count Mark Djurdjevic also who did some Mighty Avengers and Thor issues with Doom. He's Serbian

Thanks for doing the research on that Abe. It's a very intriguing piece in color and composition. It's like Doom has stretched Reed to his limit! I notice that Panini, at least some of ones I've seen online, always does their own cover for the Marvel works they publish.

We shouldn't forget Matt Hollingsworth who lives and brews beer - and intoxicating colours- in Croatia. Ribic was the one who welcomed him. Jelena Kevic Djurdjevic who paints wonderful covers did also the colouring in some Thor issues with Doom.

About the covers it's not always true - one of the previous publishers here Lug always did new ones and perhaps it had something to do with rules and taxes... I think they are pleased to give some work to do to creators when they want to have their share of the collector market. Happily the cover of T&T is by Mignola!

Who would you all pick to play Doom and his supporting cast if another revamp for the film franchise was made? I wasn't too impressed with the last two choices. Also, I would love it if Kristoff could some how be featured as well.

So who would you all pick to play:

-Dr. Doom
    -Kristoff
    -Doom's Mom & Dad (in flashbacks)
    -Boris
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

-Dr. Doom
    -Kristoff
    -Doom's Mom & Dad (in flashbacks) Kate Winslet & Goran Visnjic
    -Boris

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    -Dr. Doom
    -Kristoff
    -Doom's Mom & Dad (in flashbacks) Kate Winslet & Goran Visnjic
    -Boris
    Nice choices. Thoughts on who should play Doom, Kristoff, and Boris?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Nice choices. Thoughts on who should play Doom, Kristoff, and Boris?
    I would rather not get into it with anyone over my Doom pick; Rufus Sewell might be too old, now. Maybe Jeff Ward for Kristoff. What age am I casting for? Ray Winstone or Dimitri Diatchenko for Boris?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-04-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I would rather not get into it with anyone over my Doom pick; Rufus Sewell might be too old, now. Maybe Jeff Ward for Kristoff. What age am I casting for? Ray Winstone or Dimitri Diatchenko for Boris?
    I've heard other people suggest Rufus Sewell as well for Doom. For Kristoof, I imagine him at or about 19 y/o. I don't know how accurate that is though. I think he is about the age of Cassie Lang. For a movie though I'm at a loss as to who I would chose to portray him.

For a while I was also thinking of Rufus Sewell for Victor Von Doom. If he stays masked in the movie, maybe it will only require a voice actor a la James Earl Jones for Vader. But for a young college age Doom, I remember this actor Aneurin Barnard from the White Queen, who played Richard III. He also had a fairly larger part in Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk this past summer as the French soldier who tries to sneak in with the British so he can get evacuated. Heck, if they go older for Doom he could be Kristoff.

I mostly remember Rufus Sewell from Dark City, and I really like that movie and it's crazy ending. Not a bad choice for Doom indeed.
    Last edited by Abe; 11-05-2017 at 01:59 PM.