Page 307 of 337 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5046

Quote Originally Posted by Gridde View Post
    Totally agree. Just kinda weird to read.

Didn't Doom's whole arc since Infamous begin with him taking out all these guys at once and delivering them to shield with little effort? And his entire story since then has basically been 'they keep following him around and beating him up'. Just seems a bit dull/repetitive, and even silly when framed against all these other characters talking about how scary Doom is/was.

Never thought I'd see the day when a full-powered, unhindered Doom would be cast as a pitiful underdog.
    What are the odds Bendis ever gets to explaining:

A) where he went with Tony and what they talked about during CWII after Stark Tower got wrecked
    B) what the deal is with Tony Stark, Sorcerer Supreme and the visions

I'm guessing less than 1% for either, with a combined probability of less than 0.01%. Bendis unfettered by editorial is such a disaster

iMan 42s

Hard to believe that only one (two dependent on how much you like Riri) good idea(s) came out of Bendis's Iron man era. I hope Infamous Iron man sticks regardless.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Having read this I have to agree with everything posted here. I think Bendis checked out mentally on this months ago, which is a shame. I agree with you, SuperiorIronman in hoping that Infamous Iron Man sticks but there remains with what do we call him when Tony inevitably returns? I'd say just drop the "Doctor" and stick with Doom for now. Honestly, I don't get where he insisted that they call him Iron Man. I suppose that it all goes back to the earlier pages where he is expressing his anger about how he feels his mother ruined him. I do give Bendis credit for attempting to show how difficult a time Victor is having in his post Secret Wars life but I think it could be so much better.

Did we really need a another confrontation with the Hood and the random gathering of gangster style villains? Just the squadron of Doombots alone should have taken most of them out. BTW, nice panel by Maleev. In fact I feel Maleev does a lot of the heavy lifting here in the Infamous Iron Man pages. Again, I have to shake my head like everyone else about how this motley bunch that Doom defeated and captured so easily back in Infamous Iron Man is a threat to him, even when this time he seemed to be more prepared for them instead of it being a complete surprise ambush. Doesn't this suit of armor have at least a force field? What about all the mystic embellishments and spells he added to it? Maybe he should go back to his old armor...or at least upgrade this new version. I still think it's not a bad idea to given Doom a new look but just don't make it weaker than the original armor.

The Riri pages are not really worth discussing except for the fact that she is accepted back at M.I.T. This could be an indication that Tony will be back soon as they put her in an environment more suitable to someone her age. BTW, is Arno Stark still unable to walk? I saw he was seated but not sure what his status is.

Having read his Thanos series and a bit of his Doctor Strange, I think Donny Cates is one of Marvel's newer talents that could handle this Doom, or Al Ewing perhaps. I just hope Bendis's goodbye to Marvel doesn't end up with him screwing up Doom even more than he is doing now but with the last page teasing "The Fall of Doom", I doubt it.

Can't agree more to all that have been said...

The "I am Iron Man" stuff is just so absurd... Don't even want to comment...

The previous issue was in fact way better. The lettering was a bit weird btw - especially when it was about the old Doom ways. I am alone to have noticed this?
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    What are the odds Bendis ever gets to explaining:

A) where he went with Tony and what they talked about during CWII after Stark Tower got wrecked
    B) what the deal is with Tony Stark, Sorcerer Supreme and the visions

I'm guessing less than 1% for either, with a combined probability of less than 0.01%. Bendis unfettered by editorial is such a disaster
    Probably smaller than having the final issues of Hickman's SHIELD...

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Probably smaller than having the final issues of Hickman's SHIELD...
    But that is happening- the final two issues are solicited for May

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    But that is happening- the final two issues are solicited for May
    I know...

You know after a couple of years now with Doom as the Infamous Iron Man role, I am not sure where I really stand on this...I guess for me since Doom is a obsession for me in terms of how the character is portrayed, etc, its hard for me to see a lot of the changes they have attempted with him.

Do we return him to his former status quo? There is that possibility and could see it when Marvel starts a lot of their new comics again at number 1...this could also happen once Doom FINALLY makes his first appearance in the MCU as the REAL Doctor Doom....

How do you top Secret Wars 2015 where Doom achieved EVERYTHING he ever wanted...a character who wanted unlimited power and finally got it and ruled over what was left of the multi-verse...then with a healed face, attempts to right his wrongs...as Iron Man...

I hate seeing Latveria abandoned, his castle in ruins, low grade C/D villains getting the better of him...I miss the old school armor, he always tweaks with it and we get some cool temporary modified armors for a few issues before the standard returns...it also felt weird to see him almost turn his back on his mother which i guess is some sort of character growth but it just felt wrong to me...maybe for all the layers of character Doom has, I'm just not sure if some of these new layers are worthy of him...maybe I am just ranting lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Having read this I have to agree with everything posted here. I think Bendis checked out mentally on this months ago, which is a shame. I agree with you, SuperiorIronman in hoping that Infamous Iron Man sticks but there remains with what do we call him when Tony inevitably returns? I'd say just drop the "Doctor" and stick with Doom for now. Honestly, I don't get where he insisted that they call him Iron Man. I suppose that it all goes back to the earlier pages where he is expressing his anger about how he feels his mother ruined him. I do give Bendis credit for attempting to show how difficult a time Victor is having in his post Secret Wars life but I think it could be so much better.

Did we really need a another confrontation with the Hood and the random gathering of gangster style villains? Just the squadron of Doombots alone should have taken most of them out. BTW, nice panel by Maleev. In fact I feel Maleev does a lot of the heavy lifting here in the Infamous Iron Man pages. Again, I have to shake my head like everyone else about how this motley bunch that Doom defeated and captured so easily back in Infamous Iron Man is a threat to him, even when this time he seemed to be more prepared for them instead of it being a complete surprise ambush. Doesn't this suit of armor have at least a force field? What about all the mystic embellishments and spells he added to it? Maybe he should go back to his old armor...or at least upgrade this new version. I still think it's not a bad idea to given Doom a new look but just don't make it weaker than the original armor.

The Riri pages are not really worth discussing except for the fact that she is accepted back at M.I.T. This could be an indication that Tony will be back soon as they put her in an environment more suitable to someone her age. BTW, is Arno Stark still unable to walk? I saw he was seated but not sure what his status is.

Having read his Thanos series and a bit of his Doctor Strange, I think Donny Cates is one of Marvel's newer talents that could handle this Doom, or Al Ewing perhaps. I just hope Bendis's goodbye to Marvel doesn't end up with him screwing up Doom even more than he is doing now but with the last page teasing "The Fall of Doom", I doubt it.
    I think I asked this not long ago but I forgot what u said...when was the last canon issue Doom and Valeria were face to face?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    I think I asked this not long ago but I forgot what u said...when was the last canon issue Doom and Valeria were face to face?
    If you mean Valeria Richards? I think it was in FF annual #2 during Robinson's run. This was when she decided to leave her parents after Reed was hiding from things from them again in Fractions run and they went on that extended trip while Reed was trying to find out why they were losing their powers. I'd have to check back to see which comic came first because they were also together during that issue of Avengers World during Axis.

I miss seeing them together. I wonder what she would think if she got to see his face without the mask?

BANNED

What would she Think? Probably make a quip or two..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    What would she Think? Probably make a quip or two..lol.
    If he were in one of his expensive suits, maybe she could say something like "You clean up real nice, Uncle Doom"

If it did happen I'd like to see Hickman write it. Would Reed and Sue have even more problems keeping her away? She considers him her uncle and Sue was upset when Val choose to go to Latveria for a while. If he is truly changed than they would have less of a reason to deny her from visiting. Not that it stopped her before.

Saw this little preview from Jim Cheung's Instagram....the woman looks a lot more like Sue than Rachna Koul, the scientist Johnny and Ben are teaming up with.

Interesting...

Could she be an alternate Sue? I don't know if it's likely : it could be weird to see them jumping in an alternate universe to meet another FF. Unless there are no FF but only a few of them - just Sue? If there's an alt-Doom, there would be also some Storm or some Richard around...

Also part of her suit - which is quite different from the ones we saw on Johnny and Ben - are similar to Vic's one. Which is cool but probably doesn't mean anything.

About Valeria making a quip or two about her dear uncle's new look, it reminded me that old podcast (may 2011...) I was listening to the other day :

http://www.warrocketajax.com/2011/05...athan-hickman/

This week we welcome South Carolina resident and writer of FF, S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Warriors, The Red Wing and a ton of other stuff, Jonathan Hickman! Of course, we talk about the most important topic of all, barbecue. But after that, we get to Jonathan’s design work in comics, how he juggles all those books he writes, which FF character speaks in his voice, what he thinks Doctor Doom really ought to sound like, the mystery of what happened to Ed Brubaker’s jacket, and much more!
    The answer to "which FF character speaks in his voice?" is : the Richards kids, of course.

The part about Doom is nice, no surprise.

I'm not sure if it's in that podcast or the other one he did with the same guys, but he explains also that at the time the FF was his more personal work. Which is interesting if not a revelation : you could feel it reading the book obviously.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

For those who missed it, Doom appears in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #300, and since Johnny's in it too, expect some friction!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES