Page 318 of 337 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 5046
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Every fan of F4 who respect himself/herself would hoped for them and their associated characters to be in that film.Still,for what they had,they handle it perfect.
    Yes, they did. For me even though the movie and about 2hr and 30 minutes running time, it really didn't seem that long. Every character got a moment to shine.

Well after seeing Infinity War 3 times now (going tomorrow for my 4th showing, this time in IMAX), Thanos in both presentation and motive, etc, he is how I hope Marvel will handle Doom...can you imagine a similar plot (Galactus/Surfer powers to Doom or Secret Wars) with Doom challenging all the heroes....

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Well after seeing Infinity War 3 times now (going tomorrow for my 4th showing, this time in IMAX), Thanos in both presentation and motive, etc, he is how I hope Marvel will handle Doom...can you imagine a similar plot (Galactus/Surfer powers to Doom or Secret Wars) with Doom challenging all the heroes....
    I think of all the stories that Marvel could tell once they get the rights cleared, I feel like they may want to avoid Doom becoming all powerful like in the first Secret War because people would consider it going to the well too often. I hope people have short memories and forget Fox's version of the events of Fantastic Four 57-60 because that would make for some awesome special effects. Maybe it sounds goofy but I'd like for them to maybe have some fun with Doom's legendary Time Platform first and have Doom send the FF back into the past. The film could perhaps change the objective to something else besides looking for Blackbeard's treasure, unless they want to lampoon the all too many Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-30-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Yeah! Time-machine stories. And after that Galactus.

I just bought All New Wolverine btw. Classic evil Doom. The last villain. Curious to see the next issue. (Doom sales...)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Yeah! Time-machine stories. And after that Galactus.

I just bought All New Wolverine btw. Classic evil Doom. The last villain. Curious to see the next issue. (Doom sales...)
    I haven't read that yet so I may get to that one tonight. So I guess this Old Woman Laura near future is not the same as Millar's Old Man Logan future. I recall that in his future, the U.S was divided into territories by the villains like Red Skull. I think Doom had the Midwest and his wife/queen was Emma Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    I suppose I'm really disappointed that just how cool a character Victor Von Doom is hasn't been explored in the CU at all. Fox dropped the ball completely on that one. Since that time, Magneto has been presented as a villain with far more depth that Doom and now Thanos.

Not that I begrudge those characters their time to shine.

I suppose I'm partial to Doom. if we think about it, Doom was one of the first (the first?) marvel super villain that made the audience sympathetic to his plight and what actually drives the guy.

All I'm saying is, I want there to be a great story left to tell by the time Doom hits the big screen. I mean, if any marvel villain deserves a chance to shine in the cinematic universe, it's Doom.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think of all the stories that Marvel could tell once they get the rights cleared, I feel like they may want to avoid Doom becoming all powerful like in the first Secret War because people would consider it going to the well too often. I hope people have short memories and forget Fox's version of the events of Fantastic Four 57-60 because that would make for some awesome special effects. Maybe it sounds goofy but I'd like for them to maybe have some fun with Doom's legendary Time Platform first and have Doom send the FF back into the past. The film could perhaps change the objective to something else besides looking for Blackbeard's treasure, unless they want to lampoon the all too many Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
    You can just bring Latveria to life onscreen and showcase the brilliance of Victor Von Doom and that should be a good starting point. Have the movie end with them thinking they beat Doom but the audience sees it's a Doombot and part of a bigger scheme. No more trying to marry Sue...damn...enough of that silly plotline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, they did. For me even though the movie and about 2hr and 30 minutes running time, it really didn't seem that long. Every character got a moment to shine.
    Scarlet Witch was excellent in the movie.

"At some point Doom's personality shift is so extreme that he no longer reads like the same character. Doom's portrayal in Invincible Iron Man is melancholy to the point of being off-putting. He does little but mope about his misfortunes and run from The Hood's gang of hired thugs. This is a character who stands out precisely because of his pride and arrogance. He's taken on some of the most powerful forces in the Marvel Universe with nothing but his willpower to sustain him."
    Exactly why I didnt wantbto delve into it..I knew it. I knew Bendis would botch it up compared to the greatness of Brubaker from the 06 mini.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 04-30-2018 at 10:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    You can just bring Latveria to life onscreen and showcase the brilliance of Victor Von Doom and that should be a good starting point. Have the movie end with them thinking they beat Doom but the audience sees it's a Doombot and part of a bigger scheme. No more trying to marry Sue...damn...enough of that silly plotline.
    I feel as though Doom's first movie should be something of a standalone origin story. Just Doom and no other super heroes or villains. I know that won't happen because Disney loves brand synergy too much but I think that giving Doom's character time to develop alone would make his presence that more powerful in other movies in the cinematic universe.

With that said, my ideal Doom movie is probably unfilmable. I'd want a grand epic, in the style of Laurence of Arabia or The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964), with lavish full-scale sets and a cast of thousands. With a 5 hour run time and a 15 minute intermission in the middle. You know, the kind of movie that bankrupts studios and ruins careers, even if they're a success. Only such a tribute is worthy of Doom!

I like the way you're thinking about a Doom movie. Oh well, we can dream at least. I feel like Doom and the Fantastic Four are still a ways off before we see Disney use them. I hope I'm wrong and that it might not be such a bad idea if they allow Noah Hawley to do his Doom movie. I was encouraged by his statement about wanting to make it more of a political thriller like Captain America:Winter Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Since you mentioned Scarlet Witch... she was awesome in the movie. I'd have to see she along with Doctor Strange and Thor were the MVPs in the finale. The forces on the ground were great also but [spoil]when I was at the movie people actually applauded when Thor showed up with Stormbreaker. [spoil]

But to get back to your post, I have confidence that the current creative team with Marvel Studios will not put Sue in a romantic triangle again with Reed and Victor. They seem to be more faithful to the comics and I hope they take a lesson from the failure of the Fox FF movies. I hope Marvel Studios is not really interested in injecting that kind of soap opera into their films. But maybe their can be a shout out to the Children's Crusade where we do see something going on with Victor and Wanda. Maybe spoilers:
    the next time we see her come back to life, she will be in Latveria and will have amnesia about what happened to her in Infinity War. Many fan theories are that the ones that were just were removed from reality are now a part of the Soul Gem. You know, with Doctor Strange being part of those who are gone, it's too bad Marvel Studios probably won't use the runner up in the contest of the Vishanti and potential successor to the Sorcerer Supreme to take his place in the next stage of the fight against Thanos...which is of course Doom
    end of spoilers

Thanks to Grim Fandango for finding this on Declan Shelvey's twitter

I also want to post this panel from last week's All New Wolverine #34....Doom and his trophies

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-02-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Could we infer from the blue eyes that it's an alternate Doom?

BTW as a sarcasm on the X-boards someone suggested that it should be Val- an alternate one I guess- as the cast was all female. It was a joke but I kinda liked it.

(No time to put my thoughts in order about a Doom film - except thatBrubaker should be hired for a Books of Doom TV show - but I definitively like Kintor's vision too!)
    Last edited by Abe; 05-02-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Also poison-Doom made it longer than poison-Thanos in Venomized. That's not a bad thing. Lol.
    Last edited by Abe; 05-09-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Could we infer from the blue eyes that it's an alternate Doom?

BTW as a sarcasm on the X-boards someone suggested that it should be Val- an alternate one I guess- as the cast was all female. It was a joke but I kinda liked it.

(No time to put my thoughts in order about a Doom film - except thatBrubaker should be hired for a Books of Doom TV show - but I definitively like Kintor's vision too!)
    I hadn't thought about that but Val is a very clever theory. I was going to post that I thought it was odd that Doom is wearing gloves instead of gauntlets. He wore gloves as God Emperor Doom also. But the figure in that panel looks quite slim too. And Val has blue eyes. Usually both Reed and Victor's are brown but colorists are frequenly wrong on that detail. I did like the green-eyed Doom in Heroes Return.

Did you mean Canonized or Venomized in your second post. I've not paid much attention to that.