Page 319 of 337 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5046

Really funny. And Doombots are always useful.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hadn't thought about that but Val is a very clever theory. I was going to post that I thought it was odd that Doom is wearing gloves instead of gauntlets. He wore gloves as God Emperor Doom also. But the figure in that panel looks quite slim too. And Val has blue eyes. Usually both Reed and Victor's are brown but colorists are frequenly wrong on that detail. I did like the green-eyed Doom in Heroes Return.

Did you mean Canonized or Venomized in your second post. I've not paid much attention to that.
    Venomized of course. Bloody autocorrect!

If it's Val I would be pleased. But didn't she have another part to play in the previous issue (healing Laura or something?!? I honestly don't know... kinda remember reading that somewhere...) ?

And your inbox is full!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Next week, Runaways #9 is coming out and for those of you that have read it, we got a Doom appearance on the last pages. Or is it? It sure doesn't look like Infamous Doom. So one naturally expects it to be a Doombot. From the looks of things, it's not just any Doombot but one with a taste for vintage men's wear, possiblly in the Edwardian style. I can't recall the last time seeing any guy wearing the shoe style once known as spats. This fellow showed up demanding the head of Victor Mancha.

If you go back 4 years, Victor Mancha was on another team called Avengers A.I. Avengers A.I. was a fun series written by Sam Humphries that only lasted for 12 issues. That team also featured a Doombot (ding! ding! ding!) that was restored by Hank Pym, the leader of the team. Doombot had all the sunny personality of his original creator

He also appeared in stylish clothing in the finale with Victor LaMancha, harkening back to the days of Miami Vice (Glenn Fry's Smugglers Blues's was used in an episode of the series)

I'd have to guess that Victor is Crocket and Doombot is Tubbs. Aside from a story that takes place in the future, I don't think we've seen this Doombot since Avengers AI? So where did he go? Was his existence wiped out in Secret Wars or was he restored at the end along with his Creator? I hope I'm right and he's come back to help out his former Avengers teammate, who is currently just a head without a body ( I know something happened to Victor Mancha in the Vision series but haven't read that yet) What would be even better is if Doombot met up with Infamous Iron Man someday.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-04-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Next week, Runaways #9 is coming out and for those of you that have read it, we got a Doom appearance on the last pages. Or is it? It sure doesn't look like Infamous Doom. So one naturally expects it to be a Doombot. From the looks of things, it's not just any Doombot but one with a taste for vintage men's wear, possiblly in the Edwardian style. I can't recall the last time seeing any guy wearing the shoe style once known as spats. This fellow showed up demanding the head of Victor Mancha.

If you go back 4 years, Victor Mancha was on another team called Avengers A.I. Avengers A.I. was a fun series written by Sam Humphries that only lasted for 12 issues. That team also featured a Doombot (ding! ding! ding!) that was restored by Hank Pym, the leader of the team. Doombot had all the sunny personality of his original creator

He also appeared in stylish clothing in the finale with Victor LaMancha, harkening back to the days of Miami Vice (Glenn Fry's Smugglers Blues's was used in an episode of the series)

I'd have to guess that Victor is Crocket and Doombot is Tubbs. Aside from a story that takes place in the future, I don't think we've seen this Doombot since Avengers AI? So where did he go? Was his existence wiped out in Secret Wars or was he restored at the end along with his Creator? I hope I'm right and he's come back to help out his former Avengers teammate, who is currently just a head without a body ( I know something happened to Victor Mancha in the Vision series but haven't read that yet) What would be even better is if Doombot met up with Infamous Iron Man someday.
    I'm pretty sure that Doombot (or maybe an alternate future version of him) showed up in that Avengers mini by Al Ewing that had Allfather Ultron.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Doombot (or maybe an alternate future version of him) showed up in that Avengers mini by Al Ewing that had Allfather Ultron.
    Do you remember what the title of that was? I think I may have read that but not sure.

I think it was Ultron Forever, a story in 3 parts and maybe a few tie-ins

http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=347221
    Last edited by Abe; 05-05-2018 at 06:35 PM.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

It was three issues. Part one was Avengers: Ultron Forever, where Dr. Doom appears to pluck the Avengers from the time stream.
    Part two was New Avengers: Ultron Forever. In it Dr Doom sends the Avengers to uncover Ultron.
    In Part three, Uncanny Avengers: Ultron Forever, it is revealed as the Doombot from Avengers AI.

All issues were from June 2015.

ds - resident chronicler.
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Thanks Abe and Doomscribe!

A quite amazing link posted on the MMW forum to Pete Doree's blog:

https://bronzeageofblogs.blogspot.fr...thing.html?m=1

The title says it all: Barry Windsor-Smith's Unpublished Thing Graphic Novel!!!

One panel is of interest for this thread, but I honestly don't know if it's ok to post it here. So I just tell you it's on the 22nd page!

Edit : I guess I can post a direct link to the image:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Iq2zsCF9x...%2B-%2B022.jpg

spoilers:
    The little plastic duck is really cute. And it says a lot about how Ben truly sees Vic, isn't it?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Abe; 05-06-2018 at 02:18 AM.

That is a, may I say FANTASTIC find, Abe! I've heard about this unpublished work by BWS a long time ago but of course we never saw it because of a falling out with Marvel that occured at that time. If I'm not mistaken, this is probably the only time he ever drew Doctor Doom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Thank you, IM & Abe & DoomScribe for confirming my supicions about spoilers:
    "Doom" being a Doombot from the AVENGERS AI Series; but that was mild conpared to the twist that happenned to Miss Power....!!!
    end of spoilers.

I'll have to check that out later after work. Thanks PaxHouse

Had a chance to get to Runaways #9 and it was such a treat to see my guess was correct and Avengers A.I. Doombot has returned. The mystery is where he's been and that's probably all tangled up in the conundrum of the Secret Wars ending. Maybe it's just not worth getting into anyway. What I want to know is where did he get his fabulous suit? Did he find it in the back of Victor's closet back at the Castle Doom?

I hope one day Victor meets up with his creation. Like the Doombot in Moon Girl, this one has struck out on his own to find his own way in the world. Writer Rainbow Rowell had no problem recreating the snarky Doombot that Sam Humphries created in Avengers A.I. and IMO he gets the best lines in the book

I hope one day Victor meets up with his creation. Like the Doombot in Moon Girl, this one has struck out on his own to find his own way in the world. Writer Rainbow Rowell had no problem recreating the snarky Doombot that Sam Humphries created in Avengers A.I. and IMO he gets the best lines in the book but then I'm a bit biased in that regard

Astonishing Member

Had a chance to get to Runaways #9 and it was such a treat to see my guess was correct and Avengers A.I. Doombot has returned. The mystery is where he's been and that's probably all tangled up in the conundrum of the Secret Wars ending. Maybe it's just not worth getting into anyway. What I want to know is where did he get his fabulous suit? Did he find it in the back of Victor's closet back at the Castle Doom?

I hope one day Victor meets up with his creation. Like the Doombot in Moon Girl, this one has struck out on his own to find his own way in the world. Writer Rainbow Rowell had no problem recreating the snarky Doombot that Sam Humphries created in Avengers A.I. and IMO he gets the best lines in the book

I hope one day Victor meets up with his creation. Like the Doombot in Moon Girl, this one has struck out on his own to find his own way in the world. Writer Rainbow Rowell had no problem recreating the snarky Doombot that Sam Humphries created in Avengers A.I. and IMO he gets the best lines in the book but then I'm a bit biased in that regard

I kinda like the line Julie wisphers to Nico about them not beingable to Defeat a Doombot.....!!!

I think this Doombot shouldn't be underestimated Doombots to get an information dump as part of their A.I. I wonder what they're going to come up with the replace Victor Mancha's body.

It's too bad that Doombots don't get names, usually just numbers. This one is probably one of the most long-lived since most of them seem to get destroyed.