Page 325 of 337 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5046
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    You know...all this time. I dont recall one discussion over Dr Doom on Spiderman TAS. The accent...the Secret Wars animated story of him going after the Beyonder..how he was defeated..how Thing was loyal to him for curing him.
    Speaking for myself, I was a bit past watching animated series although I do claim the Marvel Superhero Squad show as a guilty pleasure. I used to play the Gazillion game with my nieces and nephews. The other one I liked was the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Doom was a monster in that one. But I've been trying to track down that Secret Wars episode. Can you tell me the season it was shown? Unless something miraculous happens, it's the only version of the original Secret Wars will see adapted for the screen.

BANNED

The final season of Spider Man tas...should be on Youtube..the entire crossover.

Superhero squad and that stuff dont compare to X men, Spider Man, and Batman tas...its not even really close. The closest thing to a perfectly executed Doom..his fight with Beyonder and being the big bad. Different level.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 05-28-2018 at 04:17 AM.

RE: characters always wearing the same colours. I was just thinking about that last night, I don't know where I stand on that issue. Reed always in blue and Doom always in green, as you say, it's effective shorthand. I suppose it's acceptable in something with a heightened reality. Like Power Rangers does the same thing and it works for their cartoonish logic. Yes, the lips on the mask were weird, I don't mind the idea of him dressing like that otherwise. Also, in that issue he is seen wearing a robe and for some reason there are few things I love more than casual Doom, especially in a robe.
    Speaking of Super Hero Squad:
    dr-doom-in-the-morning-thumb-170x248-10970.jpg

RE: Spider-Man TAS. Oh. My. Lord. I have not thought about that in a very long time, it's just dawned on me that it's where my fascination with Doom must have begun. Secret Wars in any incarnation is a pretty great introduction to him. I would have been about five at the time and I had never seen a character like him before. I don't think it holds up now though, Doom sounds like a bad Lugosi impression. It's irritating. The version in my memory was much better.

Thoughts on the Doom in Avengers Assemble? I think that might be my favourite animated Doom, the design is badass and the voice is perfect. It's Maurice LaMarche doing a kind of transatlantic accent. For some reason I don't necessarily imagine Doom with a European accent, or perhaps he puts on a different accent when speaking English because he's a perfectionist. The transatlantic accent encapsulates the idea that he learned English in America but he speaks in a precise, pompous and antiquated way.
    Last edited by Coulson; 05-27-2018 at 10:57 PM.

I have the little figure of Doom in the bathrobe! It was an exclusive at SDCC some years ago to promote the cartoon and I picked it up on eBay. I found the cartoon to be smarter than it had to be...there were a lot of jokes about the MU that probably went over the heads of the kiddies. I should post a picture of my little collection of Doom toys. I once worked at a place where one of the guys in network ops had his cubicle space filled with about 20 Secret Wars Doom action figures. I was always disappointed with them when I saw them in the stores because he didn't have his cape!

I liked the voice actor in Earth's Mightiest. One of these days I have to catch the Avengers Assemble series. I also don't "hear" Doom in my head with a Bela Lugosi accent. I think Stan Lee once said that, or maybe it was in story, that he sounded like Vincent Price! I think the late Alan Rickman is more in the range that I hear, or maybe Jeremy Irons. I think Doom spent enough time in the U.S to perfect his English and he even may have seen a lot of films in the days before coming to the U.S. My impression is that Europeans are usually fluent in multiple languages because of the many shared borders. BTW, another good voice actor for Doom IMO was the actor Clive Revill in the Ultimate Alliance game. He also was the first voice of the Emperor in Star Wars that Lucas later wiped out when a different actor was cast to do the character on screen. Revill was in the movie Hell House, which is one of the better haunted house movies.

....and one of these days I'd like to have a Doomy Bear!

Found a picture of my collection of figures from the cartoon. I do have the alternate Doom with the Infinity Sword. BTW, George Takei voiced Galactus!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-27-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Hah, Takei as Galactus, that's amazing!
    Also didn't realise Namor was on that show.
    Vincent Price is a good pick.

I really like those discussions about Victor's suits. Needless to say that only the ones drawn by Maleev fit the character imho. I have serious issues with the green ones - especially with a red tie or a bad cut. Doom shouldn't look like a nouveau riche peasant from Tyrol !

I don't remember well how his suits look like in Books of Doom, but it's probably great for each era of his story.

About FF #581 there is this tricky thing with the use of dates by Hickman. I should probably check but iirc Nathaniel's story - when he leaves his son who is still a kid - is set in the 50s. And Oppenheimer died in 1967. So the college years shared by Victor, Reed and Ben must be set in that short time frame I guess. Not really the usual sliding time-scale.

(Will that be addressed in the last issue of SHIELD ? I would love it : the secret history of the origin of Marvel sliding time... That's a nice pitch and a good concept)

Anyway it explains quite well the fashion we see in those paged.
    Last edited by Abe; 05-28-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I almost never saw any animated version of Doom...

And I never saw either the little figure.of Doom in the bathrobe.

Something need to be done....
    Last edited by Abe; 05-28-2018 at 12:12 PM.

I think I need to revisit the subject of Doom's suits. I can recall a few others. In the meantime, I saw this posted on tumblr and I don't seem to recall seeing this Kirby panel before. I don't think it's from a comic...maybe some of the work he did while working in animation for a while? I love seeing his unique Kirby tech and his pencils before the inking stage

Magnificent, Kirby really was the best. I love how detailed it is.

If I had to put a date to that, I would guess this would be in the late 1970s or maybe early 1980s? BTW, have you ever seen that video a fan/friend of Kirby's did as he was sketching Doctor Doom? Here is a link to the video uploaded by the Jack Kirby Museum. It runs about 22 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think I need to revisit the subject of Doom's suits. I can recall a few others. In the meantime, I saw this posted on tumblr and I don't seem to recall seeing this Kirby panel before. I don't think it's from a comic...maybe some of the work he did while working in animation for a while? I love seeing his unique Kirby tech and his pencils before the inking stage

Great! According to the format and the composition ofvthe image I think you're probably right suggesting it's a work for animation.

Nice Doom as always - but mostly: I can't get enough of Kirby tech!

And because I logged in now I see the bathrobe Doom.

I'm still trying to figure out how he got beard growth on the mask

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Great! According to the format and the composition ofvthe image I think you're probably right suggesting it's a work for animation.

Nice Doom as always - but mostly: I can't get enough of Kirby tech!
    Same for me! I would love to see his Time Platform in a movie. Simple but effective. Or the Galactus homeship.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-29-2018 at 01:45 PM.

BANNED

Only time I remember Victor Von Doom wearing a suit was in Unthinkable and the movies. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Only time I remember Victor Von Doom wearing a suit was in Unthinkable and the movies. That's it.