Page 52 of 337 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There's a short Spidey/Wolvie team-up involving Doombots in Wolverine and the X-Men #11.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That looked pretty weird. Those kids in his portait almost look like they could be Franklin and Valeria.

Even Wolverine seems a little weirded out by it.

Its behind what looks like a throne...maybe it is Franklin and Val. Val he's always had affection for. Franklin...well....he has sent him to Hell at least twice. I'm sure deep down that means he really likes the kid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by victor_cardigan View Post
    Even Wolverine seems a little weirded out by it.

Its behind what looks like a throne...maybe it is Franklin and Val. Val he's always had affection for. Franklin...well....he has sent him to Hell at least twice. I'm sure deep down that means he really likes the kid.
    Yeah.....I see what you mean.......Doom probably arranged to have that portrait made during his time with the Future Foundation (during Hickman's run of said series) as a reminder to both himself and Reed Richards, knowing the Ruler of Latvernia

I only wish that portrait included Kristoff too but then it might mainly be a way to show up Reed as you said. I remember back when Doom snatched Franklin while they were making back to MU Earth in the Heroes Return mini, he said something about he was going to teach Franklin how to use his powers. Of course, he would have exploited them. But it took years for Franklin's parents to realize they shouldn't shut him down or ignore them. I really thought the best stories about Franklin was Hickman's last story with adult Franklin showing him how he will be coming back to check him from time to time and see how he's doing learning to manage his powers.

I have just read the comic when Doom made an armour with Valeriaīs skin and Iīm very disappointed, especially with the final of the history. I mean, Doctor Doom demanding help of Reed? Really?? He would never do that. And I donīt understand how can he kill Valeria if he loved her... u_u She was his true love.
    By the way, Iīve read AXIS 3 too and I hope to see more of my favourite villains together in action... By the way, how will be the revenge of the Scarlet Witch?

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
    I have just read the comic when Doom made an armour with Valeriaīs skin and Iīm very disappointed, especially with the final of the history. I mean, Doctor Doom demanding help of Reed? Really?? He would never do that. And I donīt understand how can he kill Valeria if he loved her... u_u She was his true love.

Doom demanding help from Reed was a trick to manipulate Richards and later destroying him.It wasn't a sincere plea for help.As for killing Valeria,Waid wanted to show that Doom's lust for power and revenge was greater than his love for Valeria.

Unthinkable wasn't a bad story,but it could work better if that was the end of all battles between Doom and F4.But in a serialised medium,that type of story creates problems.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Doom demanding help from Reed was a trick to manipulate Richards and later destroying him.It wasn't a sincere plea for help.As for killing Valeria,Waid wanted to show that Doom's lust for power and revenge was greater than his love for Valeria.

Unthinkable wasn't a bad story,but it could work better if that was the end of all battles between Doom and F4.But in a serialised medium,that type of story creates problems.
    I thought Unthinkable went a bit too far with Doom. But that's gonna happen. These characters will be written by dozens and dozens of different writers for the span of decades, so there's gonna be differences of opinion as far as characterization goes. Especially for a character like Doom, who's a villain.

Yeah, I think it was a bad decision editorially because with Waid's take on Doom,as Master Planner says it was more like a Doctor Doom: The Final Chapter kind of story. Not only does he kill his only love (at that point) but he really gains very little from it. Why could he not use the same kind of spell on Reed for example? Then in Authoritative Action, Waid took everything away: Doom's financial resources, what measure of loyalty Latverians had for his leadership, and he was even left without a body. It would be different if Waid had undertaken some kind of reboot of the character but he didn't. JMS pretty much put things back as they were during his run.

Default Avengers World 15 Previews

Marvel has released some previews for Avengers World #15

It's still a bit unclear just what Wanda's going to do with Victor but I hope they don't stick to this blaming HoM and Disassembled on Doom. IMO it just doesn't fit the circumstances. Really liking artist Marco Checchettoo's work here.

AVENGERS WORLD #15 (Release Date: November 19th)

STORY BYNick SpencerART BYMarco Checchetto
    AXIS TIE-IN!
    • Part 1 of “The Availables”!
    • It’s a whole new team of Avengers, charged with an impossible mission...
    • And recruited by Doctor Doom?!?

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-28-2014 at 12:37 AM.

I just canīt believe that Doom did that. He is always speaking about honor, how can he hurt an innocent? And his old couple! Yes, he lusts for power but please, he has his values, he isnīt a simple assassin.
    Iīve read Books of Doom too and I love it!

I just canīt believe that Doom did that. He is always speaking about honor, how can he hurt an innocent? And his old couple! Yes, he lusts for power but please, he has his values, he isnīt a simple assassin.
    It is one of the best Doom mini series and sometimes I wonder if it will be the last one. I like how BoD takes the barebones of the origin in FF annual #2 and really adds a lot of those "untold story" elements. I especially like the issue that shows Doom in self-imposed exile in Eastern Europe.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Well,it isn't weird that Doom sacrificing Valeria for power.The guy,despite his strong and honorable facade,he is a greedy and petty man.I have more problem that Doom decided to obtain that power with a deal from demons.The guy had experience about that kind of trade-offs,yet,his arrogance was his doom(heh).

As for Books of Doom,it's a fantastic mini.It's one of those rare moments where a writer enrich the old stories,without retconning or altering the core and the essence of Doom's origin story.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I think it was a bad decision editorially because with Waid's take on Doom,as Master Planner says it was more like a Doctor Doom: The Final Chapter kind of story. Not only does he kill his only love (at that point) but he really gains very little from it. Why could he not use the same kind of spell on Reed for example? Then in Authoritative Action, Waid took everything away: Doom's financial resources, what measure of loyalty Latverians had for his leadership, and he was even left without a body. It would be different if Waid had undertaken some kind of reboot of the character but he didn't. JMS pretty much put things back as they were during his run.
    I agree I didn't read how Doom got his country back but to thing he had nothing and than magical he had everything back ...... It's like many times the bad things stay the good things doesn't. Getting does things back he lost would take even under best circumstances year and also his land was controlled by the UN. I didn't read when he came back but this was surely some surrealistic act of the author.

It's like Kraven's last hunt and when he returned as fan and reader you think you kidding me?

About the story when Doom went all evil magic I read it also as a reader you think he should stay dead/ prisoned because he went to far this time . I also agree it was the author who wrote him really out of his normal behaviour. Doom had always some sort of weird honor codex and even he is an evil dictator he went from time to time out to save the his country(world). He also wanted to use magic to much because he knew he had to pay a high price.

I think killing side character which can not defend themselves has become a problem for marvel.
    1.) There aren't much left and most characters have a relative fix set friends & family.
    2.) If you watch that to long than you start as a reader to not care any more.( Death corps parties e.g. MM, Inhumans )

Doom is inverted now, so whatever his value are will be gone.