Page 55 of 337 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doom intended Disassembled to happen. He turned Wanda into his weapon and sent her to destroy the Avengers.
    You are forgetting that there was some doubt even among the heroes that Doom was even telling the truth and was protecting Wanda's reputation instead. In fact, since Doom was in Hell at the time of Wanda's sudden change when talking to Jan, it's doubtful he had anything to do with it. Mostly, it was just bad writing by Bendis.

If Axis does make some kind of retcon, that would be ridiculous to have that reveal to be true when it's going on 10 years after the story was written.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-02-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doom is behind the inversions of the heroes. Loki warned Magneto about Doom, saying that he was looking for some way to take advantage of the situation. He wanted the inversions to happen so that the heroes would discredit themselves with evil behavior.
    Ok, thanks everyone for entertaining my question. I was afraid I was stating something that was painfully obvious to everyone but me
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

I´ve read the Fantastic Four 001- 100th Anniversary Special (2014) and I have a question: if Doom is the grandfather of Victoria, who is the grandmother? And it´s really strange, because I´ve noticed that she has the same surname than Agatha Harkness, the magical tutor of the Scarlet Witch ._.

That one confused me too. I can't see Agatha having any children since we are not even sure when she died and she was pretty ancient. I don't know how long she would stay fertile! I was wondering if there was some other child or grandchild of hers that has not been introduced. The only other relative I recall is Nicholas Scratch of the Salem Seven.

Does anyone know if there was a follow up to the FF special in the Guardians of the Galaxy Annual? I think it was mentioned somewhere that it was a crossover.

Ruler of Latveria

So this Halloween I really wanted to become the great Doctor Doom, and show my love for this great character. The problem was, I didn't really have access to the funds other Doom cosplayers do, but I perservered, using whatever objects I could get my hands on to make a costume. Thus, the Posterboard Doom was formed! I feel like it went fairly well, and I hope I can continue to make it better, save up enough money to make a realistic looking armor.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amazing Member

So, when I was reading Simonson's Doom story, at the end it sure as hell seems that Kristoff was killed. ....So how is he currently alive in continuity? I don't ever seem to recall a story where Kristoff is resurrected. Or did people just ignore this part of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That one confused me too. I can't see Agatha having any children since we are not even sure when she died and she was pretty ancient. I don't know how long she would stay fertile! I was wondering if there was some other child or grandchild of hers that has not been introduced. The only other relative I recall is Nicholas Scratch of the Salem Seven.

Does anyone know if there was a follow up to the FF special in the Guardians of the Galaxy Annual? I think it was mentioned somewhere that it was a crossover.
    Salem's Seven are all her grandchildren.

Thanks for clearing that up about Agatha's relations. I still wonder which one Doom would have married in order to have that grandchild we saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom View Post
    So this Halloween I really wanted to become the great Doctor Doom, and show my love for this great character. The problem was, I didn't really have access to the funds other Doom cosplayers do, but I perservered, using whatever objects I could get my hands on to make a costume. Thus, the Posterboard Doom was formed! I feel like it went fairly well, and I hope I can continue to make it better, save up enough money to make a realistic looking armor.
    This is so cool. I admire the dedication of fans who recreate these costumes with their own resources.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-03-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglesdemon View Post
    So, when I was reading Simonson's Doom story, at the end it sure as hell seems that Kristoff was killed. ....So how is he currently alive in continuity? I don't ever seem to recall a story where Kristoff is resurrected. Or did people just ignore this part of the story?

That was a peculiar bit of business to me also. It seems to me that between the Simonson FF run and then the DeFalco run that took over immediately afterwards that there was some kind of disconnect. We can only speculatate as to what when on between editorial (DeFalco was EIC at the time as I recall) and the writers. But if you have read some of the FF issues that DeFalco wrote it is almost like he ignores some events from the Simonson run. Most notably, he wrote this story that appeared in the oversized issue of the FF that creates this character called the Editor who is Doom's official recordkeeper and archivist. He actually rewrites events and records them to suit Doom. It specifically rewrites the scene in Simonson's FF#350 where Doom comes back from some long journey and straightens out this business of Kristoff thinking he was Doom (this is something which happened in the Byrne run). I have the issue at home and I would have to make some scans. IIRC it is issue #358 by DeFalco.

Later on, Nathaniel Richards returns from time traveling after Reed has supposedly died in FF#381. This is his first reappearance since the Byrne run. He starts to lead Sue around on a search for his son, implying he is still alive. But what he really does is takes Sue to the Tibetan monastary where Doom sought refuge after his accident in college. The monks there have this statis tube and once it is opened, it is revealed to have Kristoff inside. It was never clear if Doom placed him there to heal after Kristoff was shot by the Time Variance Authority or not. But it is here that Nathaniel claims to have traveled to Latveria at some point in the past and had an affair with a Roma woman who treated some injury he had sustained. He was strongly hinting that this woman was Victor's mother, which IMO makes no sense. Towards the end of DeFalco's run, which is the end of the FF title itself before Image takes it over for the Heroes Reborn reboot, DeFalco writes a scene were Nathaniel apologizes for not always telling the truth. To this day, I don't think any writer has revisted the issue of Kristoff's father. But his mother's last name was Vernard so Nathaniel was probably just leading Sue around for his own purposes, whatever it was.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-03-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglesdemon View Post
    Nope.....for Kristoff's return/'resurrection' was explained during the DeFalco/Paul Ryan run of the F4 Series (the same run where the "deaths" of both Mister Fantastic and Dr. Doom happened).

I'll have to read the issue again but it was a very loose crossover. I don't remember seeing the FF as it just followed up on the Galactus part.

Thanks, Mahes. I guess I saved some $$$. I am beginning to doubt we will even hear anything about that grandchild of Doom's again.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-03-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks, Mahes. I guess I saved some $$$. I beginning to doubt we will even hear anything about that grandchild of Doom's again.
    Well maybe from Marvel directly but there's always fanfic? Lol.

But if Victoria´s surname is Harkness, doesn´t it means that her father´s surname was Harkness too? In my country, at least, our first surname is our dad´s surname. Maybe Doom had a daughter and she married a men whose surname was Harkness. That could be why Victoria´s surname isn´t Von Doom.

Doom does have a daughter from that brief affair that he had with Morgan Le Fey in Dark Avengers. Her name is Caroline Le Fey but she was raised in the past. She looks to be 50 or 60 years old.