Page 6 of 337 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Wow I never seen such a awesome collection and room . Long live Doom .

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Nope...comics or not, that would be a bit of a stretch (no pun intended ). Reed and the FF flew back from Latveria in the Pogo Plane, and Reed dropped himself off at Doom's upstate New York laboratory as the remaining three headed to the UN building. Perhaps that lab was the same one that was eventually to be the location of Liddleville...
    Love that double page splash Miss F, which was repeated for one of my favorite What If stories.

As for laboratories, the one Wolfman has Doom running is fronted by a corporation called "Cynthian Associates" and it looks like some kind of industrial facility. Liddleville is something he built in his original US dwelling that resembled a castle and used as has base of operations in FF#5. We later see it taking a somewhat abandoned look in Doom's first solo story in Marvel Superheroes #20. A while back on our FF board, I did a little write up called Whither Liddleville?. The most recent time we saw his Liddleville tech was when the Leader re-engineered it for the Fall of the Hulks story line and Victor ended up ensnared by his own device along with the other geniuses the Leader captured like Reed, T'Challa, Pym and Hank McCoy IIRC.

The place that was used for the front of the company called Cynthian Associates (gee, I wonder who the company is named for?) is a secluded mansion. One wonders how much property Doom has in the US and what's happened to some of it.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

I never liked the mask, but the art is awfully good otherwise. From Captain America Reborn #4
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    I never liked the mask, but the art is awfully good otherwise. From Captain America Reborn #4
    Yes, impressive, but it looks like Hitch is using the Vatican as a reference for Doom's estate. O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Nope...comics or not, that would be a bit of a stretch (no pun intended ). Reed and the FF flew back from Latveria in the Pogo Plane, and Reed dropped himself off at Doom's upstate New York laboratory as the remaining three headed to the UN building. Perhaps that lab was the same one that was eventually to be the location of Liddleville...
    LOL! Indeed.

OMG. The Pogo Plane! How did I forgot that? We haven't seen that in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Wow I never seen such a awesome collection and room . Long live Doom .
    Here, here! And yes. Everytime I start to comment on it, beyond O_O I get distracted by all the pretties.

Not usually one for recoloring, Iron Maiden, but I have to agree. The new coloring looks much better and his mask is less ... blobby white.

Cool image, StingNewell! If I ever install a hot tub, I'll be sure to add some nice DoomBot attendants.

Hi Rheged. Since we are going to see the return of both Ultimate Doom (or Victor van Damme as he was originally called) and Namor, I got some panels from that scene that shows Namor as a prisoner in Van Damme's castle. Of course now since Ben killed this one, the one that is in the current Ultimate FF is supposed to be the real van Damme.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Hi Rheged. Since we are going to see the return of both Ultimate Doom (or Victor van Damme as he was originally called) and Namor, I got some panels from that scene that shows Namor as a prisoner in Van Damme's castle. Of course now since Ben killed this one, the one that is in the current Ultimate FF is supposed to be the real van Damme.
    Thank you for those scans! Namor looks so baby faced ... and shocked. Makes me wonder exactly what his awful crimes were?

I'm somewhat puzzled about Marvel allowing Doom to come back from the dead (yes, I know it's a different person), but I thought they were supposed to be avoiding such machinations to resurrect characters?

Did you see the preview for Ultimate FF #2? Still not feeling that art, but at least it sounds like Namor and Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Thank you for those scans! Namor looks so baby faced ... and shocked. Makes me wonder exactly what his awful crimes were?
    Namor was shocked to see Ben crushing Ultimate Doom's skull. Sheesh, looking over some of the issues reminded me of how Ultimatum was like a splatter comic. So many characters had gruesome deaths.

I'm somewhat puzzled about Marvel allowing Doom to come back from the dead (yes, I know it's a different person), but I thought they were supposed to be avoiding such machinations to resurrect characters?

Did you see the preview for Ultimate FF #2? Still not feeling that art, but at least it sounds like Namor and Doom.
    Joe Q said a long time ago that "Dead means dead" or words to that effect but they've broken that edict quite a few times. I think it was perhaps on Tom B's old formspring Q&A that someone asked how Ultimate Doom made it back from the Zombieverse and Brevoort gave a flip answer like "he took the bus over".

Like the interplay here between Sue, Victor and Namor but yeah, the art is really holding this title back. I can't figure remember who did it on the first issue and it appears to be the same artist. The inking is kind of scratchy and the colors are washed out IMO.

BANNED

Namor was shocked to see Ben crushing Ultimate Doom's skull. Sheesh, looking over some of the issues reminded me of how Ultimatum was like a splatter comic. So many characters had gruesome deaths.
    Yeah, but remember Ultimate Namor was supposed be such a terrible criminal, the Atlanteans sealed him away in a tomb for centuries. I don't think they did that cause he was a tax evader. LOL! Of course, Carey sort of moved away from that when he wrote Ultimate Namor.

Joe Q said a long time ago that "Dead means dead" or words to that effect but they've broken that edict quite a few times. I think it was perhaps on Tom B's old formspring Q&A that someone asked how Ultimate Doom made it back from the Zombieverse and Brevoort gave a flip answer like "he took the bus over".
    Hmmm. I didn't realize they had already broken that edict.

Ah, TomB. I appreciate what he does, I wouldn't have the patience, but sometimes ... LOL!

Like the interplay here between Sue, Victor and Namor but yeah, the art is really holding this title back. I can't figure remember who did it on the first issue and it appears to be the same artist. The inking is kind of scratchy and the colors are washed out IMO.
    I believe its the same artist. It just looks rushed and far too loose. Everyone's features are off. But of course, I'll be buying it. :P

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Yeah, but remember Ultimate Namor was supposed be such a terrible criminal, the Atlanteans sealed him away in a tomb for centuries. I don't think they did that cause he was a tax evader. LOL! Of course, Carey sort of moved away from that when he wrote Ultimate Namor.

Hmmm. I didn't realize they had already broken that edict.

Ah, TomB. I appreciate what he does, I wouldn't have the patience, but sometimes ... LOL!

I believe its the same artist. It just looks rushed and far too loose. Everyone's features are off. But of course, I'll be buying it. :P
    Wow, I did not know about Ultimate Namor being such a terrible criminal.

That art is a deal breaker for me, but it looks like a fun arc.

TomB is a master of Misdirection, not sure how he does it myself.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I wonder if the Victor/Namor relationship will track just like those assembly line romance novels from the drug store book racks that I used to read when I was young. They start out hating each other, then they will become BFFs.

There are some days when it is just not safe to look for Doom, Loki or Namor tags on tumblr.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-17-2014 at 04:24 PM.

I wonder if the Victor/Namor relationship will track just like those assembly line romance novels from the drug store book racks that I used to read when I was young. They start out hating each other, then they will become BFFs.
    We all know that they're just frustrated.

BANNED

Where was that Hulk moment from? That is amazing.

BANNED

Fall of the hulks crossover i believe.