Page 98 of 337 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 5046

I have grown cautiously optimistic for the new Fantastic Four film. I personally think the F4 look great but I'm still holding out reservation on Doom. Toby Kebbell is a great actor so I think he can deliver so long as the script allows for it. Obviously, I want nothing more than for Marvel to bring Doom and co home, but since that's unlikely, I just want a good movie regardless of film rights.

I'm not the biggest fan of the metal skin either, but it's true to Ultimate Doom so I will give Fox credit where it's due. And it's nice to see the tunic/hood/cape combo. At this rate, I'm willing to accept some aesthetic grievances in return for proper characterization. In the grand scheme of things, I find that to be far more important than the look so long as his appearance isn't too butchered.

Anyone else get a desert raider vibe from this version of Doom? I'm guessing his origin in this is he's kidnapped by the Neg-Zone terrorists who attack the intra-dimensional expedition and goes native. Kind of the equivalent of those kids who join Isis.

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    On the bright side, the new movie Doom is wearing a tunic, finally. No sleeves. Doom cares not for sleeves.

Though I am not overly excited by the glimpse of his face we got so far, since I love the mask and the legend behind it, it still could be okay. It looks like he may be somehow merged with a computer, rather than just being metal, which might make for a good story and make him slightly more Doom-ish.
    i think ff doom looks really amazing! i can't believe people actually fell for the "angry blogger" stuff.

toby kebbell is such an incredible actor. we're really lucky to be getting a doctor doom from him.

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    On the bright side, the new movie Doom is wearing a tunic, finally. No sleeves. Doom cares not for sleeves.

Though I am not overly excited by the glimpse of his face we got so far, since I love the mask and the legend behind it, it still could be okay. It looks like he may be somehow merged with a computer, rather than just being metal, which might make for a good story and make him slightly more Doom-ish.
    Honestly, the biggest disappointment of the trailer was seeing Doom's face. It just seemed like they could've done a lot better in that area. Say what you will about his movie look, but they pretty much got the mask right in my opinion.

Heck, even Ultimate Doom has a better and more Doom-ish face than mister-possibly an internet blogger- Domachev.

I think he's pretty good. Kebbell actually looks like a Gypsy.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i think ff doom looks really amazing! i can't believe people actually fell for the "angry blogger" stuff.

toby kebbell is such an incredible actor. we're really lucky to be getting a doctor doom from him.
    Uh? He looks like an aluminum wearing hobo....ultimate doom-ized or not....its once again Fox dropping the ball on this...how can anyone justify Doom's name even being butchered? Victor Von Doom DEMANDS a presence...authority...once again lumping the origin with the team, blah blah...horrible horrible rinse repeat...REVERT!

NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    Uh? He looks like an aluminum wearing hobo....ultimate doom-ized or not....its once again Fox dropping the ball on this...how can anyone justify Doom's name even being butchered? Victor Von Doom DEMANDS a presence...authority...once again lumping the origin with the team, blah blah...horrible horrible rinse repeat...REVERT!

NEXT!
    no need for the dramatics. i think he looks awesome! and i really love kebbel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, the biggest disappointment of the trailer was seeing Doom's face. It just seemed like they could've done a lot better in that area. Say what you will about his movie look, but they pretty much got the mask right in my opinion.

Heck, even Ultimate Doom has a better and more Doom-ish face than mister-possibly an internet blogger- Domachev.
    I don't get it. It looked like a metal face to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I don't get it. It looked like a metal face to me.
    It looked more like a rubber face to me. It had a silver metal-like coloring, but seemed too much like actual skin for it to really work in my opinion.

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

For Iron Maiden:
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for the close up of that poster, Doomscribe. I know I've not seen that one before. What is its origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looked more like a rubber face to me. It had a silver metal-like coloring, but seemed too much like actual skin for it to really work in my opinion.
    I found it underwhelming myself. As for Kebbel, his voice was kind of *meh*. He sounded better as an ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post

NEXT!
    I have to agree with this and once again I really hate that the movies seem to be taking their lead from Mark Millar, who is a Fox consultant. I don't like that the are linking their origins once again. Someone should have given them Books of Doom to read and not Bendis/Millar's Ultimate FF.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Anyone else get a desert raider vibe from this version of Doom? I'm guessing his origin in this is he's kidnapped by the Neg-Zone terrorists who attack the intra-dimensional expedition and goes native. Kind of the equivalent of those kids who join Isis.

It does look a bit like that I suppose. I find it a bit underwhelming myself. I wonder if the Negative Zone will be his kingdom in this movie. Maybe he'll find a good tailor over there and get something that looks more like the pix of Doomscribe's statue from Sideshow Collectibles.

I am finally caught up with the Avengers/New Avengers arc that leads us into Secret Wars, so I also finally got to the big Doom is Rabum Alal reveal. Here are my thoughts, and I'm sorry if this has been fully explored here before. I was behind and, rather than digging up and responding to posts from many pages back, I'm just going to lay it out. I kept myself ignorant until I had read it.

The Library is a pandimensional repository for universe information. He's storing universes in informational format. Doom will save almost all.

Yes, the story before that seemed to indicate that Rabum Alal (and therefore, now, Doom) was behind the multiversal collapse, and all of the hype surrounding New Avengers #30 was about the big reveal of the "villain" of the story. But I really don't think this is the case. We know he's likely behind the Black Swans and it's also likely that there are some significant time shenanigans going on here, though Doom as Rabum Alal could be a Dread Pirate Roberts kind of situation...but the scene with Molecule Man creating/recreating the library seems to point to Doom having been Rabum Alal all along and time having very little meaning to the Library. And it was made pretty clear that the "Ivory Kings," the Beyonders, are behind the collapse. Who is behind Battleworld remains to be seen.

Even with Molecule Man being with him and the obvious interest in preservation, I am not sure if Doom is behind Battleworld. But I'm almost completely sure that he'll be behind putting the multiverse back. Perhaps there's a rogue Beyonder that will help. Molecule Man can possibly do it...and there are some indications that he is actually a Beyonder that is somehow not fully realized (as with the new? retcon explanation for the first Beyonder).

Doom's role here also would explain any and all post-Secret Wars retcons and it may help explain why 616 was one of the last two universes to be destroyed and why 616 comes back into existence and other universes don't. Maybe Black Swan wasn't wrong about the "gift from Rabum Alal."

But I wonder if the retcons will be Doom schemes, Molecule Man weirdness, or Jurassic Park style "fixes" of missing information.

Since we know 1610 isn't coming back, the new multiverse might only be a universe, and the retcons are certain stories or data asserting themselves from other, non-resurrected realities.

But I expect 616 will effectively be the only universe for a time.

I suspect that's one of the goals of Secret Wars: streamlining of futures and pasts into a single universe, at least temporarily. And the nature of the multiverse in Marvel means that universes naturally branch into a multiverse, so it may be just that the new 616 will be the place from which the first branches branch.

(First of all I had not idea who Dread Pirate Roberts was so had to look it up. Never been a really big into Princess Bride and only saw it once years ago. I never knew it had this big cult following until the internet came along )

Your summary/theories so far is one of the ones that I've read that I've been able to follow. Hickman's story is so far reaching and the size of the cast alone makes it for a challenging read esp in the serialized format. I was thinking the other day this would be a good candidate for one of Marvel's prose novel versions where you can read it all at once. I was planning on gathering a stack of Avengers/NA issues to go through some time soon if I can get a chance.

I agree with you that although Rabum Alal/Doom is known as the Great Destroyer he is really the opposite of that. I would like to see if we get more explanation of how the incursions started and why is it that only one Earth can survive in order to save both universes. But even that wasn't comletely successful since the number of universes rapidly dropped to less than 2 dozen towards the end.

Does anyone else find it significant that Doom followers, the Black Swans, are all female? I don't recall seeing any males at least. Many people wonder if the ressemblance to Yabbatt (the one the Black Panther captured after an incursion) and Val or Sue is just a quirk of the artists rendering of her or if she is somehow linked to the Richards family. A multiverse version maybe?

I do also like to think that the whole point of Secret Wars and the incursions was a bit of housekeeping that Marvel gave Hickman the greenlight to undertake. Also, I'd like to think that it also thinned the herd, perhaps permanently of the confusion pantheon of elder gods / entities like the Living Tribunal, the In Betweener, etc. That's a personal prefernce of mine anyway.