Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Hudlin & Cowan on "Milestone 2.0": "We're Not in the Nostalgia Business"

Reginald Hudlin and Denys Cowan talk to CBR about the new Milestone Media, and share early plans of working with DC Comics and other publishers.

Full article here.

Soooooo can't wait!!!!!!

I wish them the best of luck and i hope to check them out soon enough.

BANNED

I'm surprised to know that the deal with DC Comics is still going to be held up. I mean honestly, despite several good favors for each side, DC is terrible for Milestone.

HOWEVER, I do wish them the best of luck as if anyone deserves luck it's this company.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm surprised to know that the deal with DC Comics is still going to be held up. I mean honestly, despite several good favors for each side, DC is terrible for Milestone.

HOWEVER, I do wish them the best of luck as if anyone deserves luck it's this company.
    It's possible they legally have to deal with dc. I'd personally like dc not to be involved but of course what I want doesn't mean jack squat, lol
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

The most encouraging part of all of that is they don't have to work exclusively with DC. After that debacle with Static i don't want to see them in control of anything related to Milestone.

Ideally I'd love to see the Milestone characters end up at Image, though I'd pa good money for a Static/Miles Morales crossover.

I'm very confused about how working with DC and other publishers is gonna work, but hoping for the best.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    I'm very confused about how working with DC and other publishers is gonna work, but hoping for the best.
    You can do it, you just have to try to do the story where it doesn't screw with whoever's universe you are in.

Depending on rights-whatever happens in that crossover may or not get referenced later on.

I'm sure Milestone knows the only person DC wants to deal with is Static and not the rest. If it was me I wouldn't let DC near any character until I approve of the story and the creative team was in full agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can do it, you just have to try to do the story where it doesn't screw with whoever's universe you are in.

Depending on rights-whatever happens in that crossover may or not get referenced later on.

I'm sure Milestone knows the only person DC wants to deal with is Static and not the rest. If it was me I wouldn't let DC near any character until I approve of the story and the creative team was in full agreement.
    And that's probably the reason DC doesn't want to deal with lot of characters they don't have control over.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

It seems like they're going for a mixture of old and new. That's going to be difficult to balance, but it can be done.

Talking I Loved Millestone!

I loved Milestone comics so this is excellent news to me.I also appreciate the producers of Milestone 2.0.Milestone published for years but not so many the whole series cannot be reprinted.I would love a tradepaperback of the Shadow Cabinet or the Blood Syndicate!This is some truly good news.Excelsior!Daoud

I'll be checking for their output for sure and hopefully I'll get to collaborate with/for them in the future..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    And that's probably the reason DC doesn't want to deal with lot of characters they don't have control over.
    And with how Nu52 Static turned out they should take control away from DC

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    A while back I heard that the old Milestone characters HAVE to be published through dc, while new characters do not. Don't know how true that is, though.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

AWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Party time