Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Okay, avatar sizes have been increased to 100x100.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    He's talking about a feature where users get to add or subtract reputation points from each other. It was brought up on the old forums, but we dismissed it because we felt it could be too easily abused and it would eventually require moderators to deal with reputation disputes. Given that we want CBR to be inviting and accepting of everyone, I'd say we have even more reason to dismiss it now.
    Works for that football forum I got the idea from. I don't think we've ever had a big problem over it either. People that get negative rep is because they are trolls and they end up getting banned. They're pretty strict too lots of banned members lol

Er but I'm not particularly fond of likes pushing a post to the top. Easier to navigate and read posts if they aren't switching around all the time, would especially suck for the CBar chat thread where a lot of talking is going on.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 05-15-2014 at 10:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'd be for larger avatars; more variety that way. I also still like the ability to like certain posts as it's nice to be able to like something as opposed to quoting it and saying, "Fo shizzle, I agree," or doing the 10 character dance.
    I would hate for this feature to be restriced by post count though, and I am very opposed to a 'dislike' button. Nothing good can come of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Okay, avatar sizes have been increased to 100x100.
    Awesome! Thanks CS!
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Bleeding Cool lets you like posts, and I think they have the same vBulletin software as here.

Although I feel like that could lead to too much cliquey mentality that you guys are trying to avoid.
    Yeah, it might be fun to try out, but I agree that it could lead to "cliquey" behavior...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post
    Works for that football forum I got the idea from. I don't think we've ever had a big problem over it either. People that get negative rep is because they are trolls and they end up getting banned. They're pretty strict too lots of banned members lol

Er but I'm not particularly fond of likes pushing a post to the top. Easier to navigate and read posts if they aren't switching around all the time, would especially suck for the CBar chat thread where a lot of talking is going on.
    People can get negative rep for being civilized but disruptive. We should avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer View Post
    I post on some other forums and reputation system(controlled) and bigger avatars as you post more makes me motivated to post more and with quality. I know this could lad to a lot of spamming but isn't there anyway to incorporate that. Again, I do not know what goes in to managing forums and implementing changes but would be happy to receive a civilized reply to the query.
    Broforce?
    That's what they call it in a board I'm a member in, I still have my negative marks there after a year or so
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Thanks for the larger avatars!

Really liking the larger avatars.
    Thank You!

I am truly sorry that I never got back since I haven't been active on any forums for a while now... I am really happy you guys considered my opinion and discussed it... you make valid points regarding the rep but I think I saw it mentioned recently on faq... any clarity on that? is it only available to a few users?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer View Post
    I am truly sorry that I never got back since I haven't been active on any forums for a while now... I am really happy you guys considered my opinion and discussed it... you make valid points regarding the rep but I think I saw it mentioned recently on faq... any clarity on that? is it only available to a few users?
    You'll need to be more specific, what FAQ? As far as I know there are no plans to implement user reputations, for the same reasons we've already explained.

(And if anyone hasn't noticed, we settled on 120x120 size avatars.)
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)