Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superior Iron Man #4 Spoilers

This was another good issue.

- The issue starts off with Tony doing a live TV interview where he introduces Iron Sight (Which is really creepy)

- Shield shows up at Tony's place trying to arrest Teen Abomination but Tony ends up stopping that

- Daredevil shows up after figuring out how extremis 3.0 works demanding justice, Teen Abomination knocks daredevil out the window but Tony ends up saving him with his suit

- Tony took Daredevil to his lab and mind wiped him

I hope Teen Abomination sticks around
    We need better comics

the book continues to be interesting...but i hate that Daredevil is always getting beat up.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

To be fair, the odds are heavily against him.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

- The issue starts off with Tony doing a live TV interview where he introduces Iron Sight (Which is really creepy)

- Shield shows up at Tony's place trying to arrest Teen Abomination but Tony ends up stopping that

- Daredevil shows up after figuring out how extremis 3.0 works demanding justice, Teen Abomination knocks daredevil out the window but Tony ends up saving him with his suit

so it's just a matter of when that daredevil will
    a) build his army of OMACs
    b) regain his memory, become head of SHIELD and go on a witch hunt for tony

jokes aside, i wonder if this is the start of things tony did that eventually led the illuminati to imprison him
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    so it's just a matter of when that daredevil will
    a) build his army of OMACs
    b) regain his memory, become head of SHIELD and go on a witch hunt for tony

jokes aside, i wonder if this is the start of things tony did that eventually led the illuminati to imprison him
    b) Love it!

jokes aside, I think Superior Tony Stark eventually decided to build a Thanos-buster and take on the entire Cabal. Illuminati had nothing to do with his imprison.

Tony remains a dick. But I'm finding it interesting. I liked the explanation about how the app works, because that definitely is one of the things that initially confused me, I mean I couldn't see how a phone app was able to do the things it did. A nanotech virus type thing makes a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    To be fair, the odds are heavily against him.
    Yea and to be fair, Matt did his meeting in the complete wrong order. The correct order was to report Tony and then show up at his place with that discussion only to reveal it's too late after mentioning what the plan was.

Also, they seem to be taking quite a few pages from Superior Spider-Man's book:
    New Costume with tech upgrades right off the bat
    Stark Island vs Spider-Island II
    Stark Drones vs Spider Bots

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea and to be fair, Matt did his meeting in the complete wrong order. The correct order was to report Tony and then show up at his place with that discussion only to reveal it's too late after mentioning what the plan was.

Also, they seem to be taking quite a few pages from Superior Spider-Man's book:
    New Costume with tech upgrades right off the bat
    Stark Island vs Spider-Island II
    Stark Drones vs Spider Bots
    Damn I wouldn't have even noticed this if you didn't point it out. That's a cool nod.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Here's hoping Waid let Matt get back at Tony later on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

Really loving this series. Every issue has kicked ass. I wonder if this issue concludes Matt's conflict with Tony for now. I hope not as I'd love for Matt to have the satisfaction of taking Tony down.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    the book continues to be interesting...but i hate that Daredevil is always getting beat up.
    He's in over his head. Btw, speaking of Aevngers acting evil and attacking DD, does anyone remember when Cap beat him up during that Streets of Poison storyline in the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yup. Matt was being stupid here. He knew Tony could wipe the floor with his face all the way from San Francisco to Buenos Aires. Even if he didn't knew that he could wipe memories, and he thought he wouldn't kill him, Tony could have kept him trapped in a cell while he erased all evidence.

As for Tony, why doesn't he sell Extremis pills instead of putting it into the water? If he just wants to make money, why does he take risks breaking the law?

This is by far the best tony stark I've ever read......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    As for Tony, why doesn't he sell Extremis pills instead of putting it into the water? If he just wants to make money, why does he take risks breaking the law?
    Because it's not all about the money, it's about power and control and about proving that he's right. If he offered Extremis in a pill, it'd be too easy for anyone who didn't want it to simply not take it. If it's something that people are already ingesting into their bodies unaware and all it needs is a sonic activator to trigger it, he's already changed the population of SF without them even being aware of it. He's only given them the illusion of choice in the matter - and barely even that.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Because taking pills is scary. The similarities to trying heroin are obvious, even to dumb people. But trying an app? Nothing scary about that. It's just an app. You get 10 times more people willing to risk that first taste with an app than you do with a pill. which means 10 times as much money when they want that 2nd taste.