Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This was a good issue, but one that was a little less balanced than the previous three. To this point, the book has done a good job of balancing Tony Stark's character between egotist and hero. But that balance was somewhat skewed here. He was too much a villain, deploying cameras everywhere and giving shock therapy to Daredevil. He didn't completely cross every line, but he came way too close. It was still enjoyable. Tony's vision for San Francisco is starting to become clearer and how he's gone about it is starting to get explained as well. There are many different ways it can go at this point, both good and bad. Most of it has been good thus far. This issue wasn't as good as the others, but the story is still compelling and I think that's a win.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

You would think logic would dictate since the characters know the score with the whole Inversion thing and there's only a small number left that haven't been fixed the other characters would gang up, isolate the left-overs and force them to be fixed. Than again I suppose logic would also dictate there would be no Superior Iron Man book nor could Havok be used as a potential antagonist in the waiting. It's still pretty unreal though. Like seeing Daredevil of all people and the way they wrote him challenging Tony. Daredevil himself was recently scrambled and behaved exactly like Tony is now. You'd think that very fact in addition to knowing about the events of AXIS would cause him to have enlisted the big guns on this, likewise they would have already gotten to it of their own accord. Not to speak for the quality of this book itself which I think is pretty good but the nonsensical factor stands out as an elephant in the room while I try and read it.
    Last edited by SickAlice; 01-23-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Incredible Member

I shouldn't enjoy this story as much as I do but here I am. I'm glad we got explanation of how the app actually works. Clever but wrong. It seems that this new, jerkish Tony still has a heart as he wants to help Teen Abomination even though he still acting like a jerk but I assuming he going to try to find a way to make a profit off that.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    I shouldn't enjoy this story as much as I do but here I am. I'm glad we got explanation of how the app actually works. Clever but wrong. It seems that this new, jerkish Tony still has a heart as he wants to help Teen Abomination even though he still acting like a jerk but I assuming he going to try to find a way to make a profit off that.
    Yeah. He's like an anti-villain now lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ultimate Member

Evil/douche Tony=still not interesting/appealing. Stop trying to make it happen Marvel. And man did Taylor make DD look bad here. He wrote Matt (and Kristen for that matter) as complete idiots.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Evil/douche Tony=still not interesting/appealing. Stop trying to make it happen Marvel.
    That's your opinion.

I for one am enjoying the hell out the Superior Tony Stark, hell I'm even rooting for him to stick around for a long long time.

Old Tony = Brilliant Inventor that keeps all his toys to himself, even despite all the good they could do and the lives they could improve. He fixed extremis, which cures all diseases and health problems, and then opts to lock it away for his own personal use rather than finding a way to use it to benefit all people. How is that heroic?

Superior Tony = Brilliant Inventor that actually uses his inventions to improve the lives of those that can afford it and gets richer and more powerful in the process. Yes it's not heroic or fair to only share your toys with the rich, but hey, it's better than not helping anyone and keeping all your toys to yourself.

Screw DD, I'm rooting for Superior Tony here. He's doing a lot more good in a month than the old Tony managed to in many years.

Ideally, Tony never gets the inversion reversed. He attacked the Cabal while still inverted with a Thanosbuster suit purely due to being blinded by ego, and gets locked up by the Cabal for it. Now that they're out of the picture, he gets out too just in time for Secret Wars and manages to outlast all the other versions of Tony Stark to become the one true surviving Tony Stark at the aftermath of the incursions storyline.

Lets just accept it, a personality like Tony Starks makes far more sense as an anti-villian (similar to Victor Von Doom but using tech rather than magic) that he does as hero. That's why so many writers naturally gravitate towards writing him as an anti-hero or outright anti-villian. Marvel should just go ahead and embrace the inverted Tony Stark, atleast for an year or two.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 01-23-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    That's your opinion.

I for one am enjoying the hell out the Superior Tony Stark, hell I'm even rooting for him to stick around for a long long time.

Old Tony = Brilliant Inventor that keeps all his toys to himself, even despite all the good they could do and the lives they could improve. He fixed extremis, which cures all diseases and health problems, and then opts to lock it away for his own personal use rather than finding a way to use it to benefit all people. How is that heroic?

Superior Tony = Brilliant Inventor that actually uses his inventions to improves the lives of those that can afford it and getting richer and more powerful in the process. Yes it's not heroic or fair to only help the rich, but hey, it's better than not helping anyone.

Screw DD, I'm rooting for Superior Tony here. He's doing a lot more good in a month than the old Tony managed to in many years.

Ideally, Tony never gets the inversion reversed. He attacked the Cabal while still inverted with a Thanosbuster suit purely due to being blinded by ego, and gets locked up by the Cabal for it. Now that they're out of the picture, he gets out too just in time for Secret Wars and managed to hill off all the other versions of Tony Stark to become the one true surviving Tony Stark at the aftermath of the incursions storyline.
    Old Tony did alot of things to help the world. He didn't keep everything to himself. He knew what extremis could be used for. As he had seen done by the Mandarin. Also one of the reasons he didn't want it out there is because it was Maya Hansens dying wish. She knew what it was capable of more then anyone as she invented it. How many of his inventions went to Shield and the Avengers to help save the world. Quite a few.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

That's your opinion.

Superior Tony = Brilliant Inventor that actually uses his inventions to improve the lives of those that can afford it and gets richer and more powerful in the process. Yes it's not heroic or fair to only share your toys with the rich, but hey, it's better than not helping anyone and keeping all your toys to yourself.

Ideally, Tony never gets the inversion reversed. He attacked the Cabal while still inverted with a Thanosbuster suit purely due to being blinded by ego, and gets locked up by the Cabal for it. Now that they're out of the picture, he gets out too just in time for Secret Wars and manages to outlast all the other versions of Tony Stark to become the one true surviving Tony Stark at the aftermath of the incursions storyline.

Lets just accept it, a personality like Tony Starks makes far more sense as an anti-villian (similar to Victor Von Doom but using tech rather than magic) that he does as hero. That's why so many writers naturally gravitate towards writing him as an anti-hero or outright anti-villian. Marvel should just go ahead and embrace the inverted Tony Stark, atleast for an year or two.
    I wouldn't say I am rooting for him at this point... he's done some pretty sketchy things in these past few issues. but I am interested to see where it goes, i looks like it will be a fun ride, and raise some interesting questions.

That's your opinion.

The smart AND good thing to do would be to offer Extremis to the health services of all countries so all citizens could get it, in exchange for a reasonable fee. Tony Stark would be making a very good deed and becoming filthy, rotten, stinkingly rich.

People who wanted to be taller, younger, prettier and get muscles without exercise would have pay Tony.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Finally read this today. I really like this series but it's amazing that Iron Man is always a few steps ahead of Daredevil. And now DD will be outta commission for the next few months... so I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

If only Otto was still around to comment on this similarity.

BATTLE OF THE TITANIC ASSHOLES, GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Because it's not all about the money, it's about power and control and about proving that he's right. If he offered Extremis in a pill, it'd be too easy for anyone who didn't want it to simply not take it. If it's something that people are already ingesting into their bodies unaware and all it needs is a sonic activator to trigger it, he's already changed the population of SF without them even being aware of it. He's only given them the illusion of choice in the matter - and barely even that.
    Of course, it's pretty unbelievable both that Matt is the only one to realize that actual physical Extremis had to be introduced into people's bodies somehow, and that it took him (or anybody else) this long to figure that out. It seemed obvious to me from the moment Tony offered it as a cell phone app that the application could only be controlling something that was already in people's bodies, so Tony had to have dosed people through their air or water or something of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Because taking pills is scary. The similarities to trying heroin are obvious, even to dumb people. But trying an app? Nothing scary about that. It's just an app. You get 10 times more people willing to risk that first taste with an app than you do with a pill. which means 10 times as much money when they want that 2nd taste.
    An app that physically changes your body, though, is quite different from your typical cell phone app. I'd find that just as scary as a magic pill that offered the same benefits; either way, something that can change your body for the better also has the potential to hurt your body if something goes wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Evil/douche Tony=still not interesting/appealing. Stop trying to make it happen Marvel. And man did Taylor make DD look bad here. He wrote Matt (and Kristen for that matter) as complete idiots.
    Sorry, but as long as evil Tony sells evil Tony is here to stay. Tell you the truth I'm not sure there's any difference between inverted Tony and Regular Tony.