Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Image is getting all my money!!

I am new to comics in the last few months, and now it seems I am obsessed! For me personally, I am finding that Image far and away has the best titles.

So far, I have loved East of West, Lazarus, Alex + Ada, Saga, Rat Queens, Deadly Class. Rocket Girl may have potential.

Jury is still out on Black Science, Sex Criminals and Wicked + Divine. Although I am leaning towards dropping those.

Looking forward to wading through this forum and seeing what everyone else is reading. Image has sucked me into the world of comics. I didn't think that was possible!

I've said it before.. Image is the reason I need to take out student loans for grad school.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I've said it before.. Image is the reason I need to take out student loans for grad school.
    This this this.

Image is just killing it. I've said it before and I'll say it a million times over. Image consistently comes out with the best new titles and keeps the quality of their existing titles. It's really beyond compare. I bought the first trades of Saga and Velvet a few weeks ago at my local comic shop and the owner told me Velvet is probably his favorite series right now, and I said, "Yeah, it's Image, and in my eyes Image can't really do anything wrong right now, so I thought it'd be time to try it." And he agreed. Image is just on top.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I certainly read a lot of Image, but honestly, they are just another company. They got a lot of mediocre and middle of the road books overall longside their good books that people seem to forget about. Not everything they have is gold (I mean, did anyone read this week's Intersect?).

All-New Member

What's funny is when I started a few months back, I didn't look at the publisher. I just picked out what seemed interesting. But, 90% of what I chose was Image. I think Mind Mgmt is the only thing I am reading that isn't Image. I ordered three trades today without paying attention to publisher. But, Southern Bastards, Zero, and The Activity...all Image.

All-New Member

InformationGeek, I agree. I have found some that don't appeal to me. But, they are hitting home runs way more times than they strike out.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Fine View Post
    What's funny is when I started a few months back, I didn't look at the publisher. I just picked out what seemed interesting. But, 90% of what I chose was Image. I think Mind Mgmt is the only thing I am reading that isn't Image. I ordered three trades today without paying attention to publisher. But, Southern Bastards, Zero, and The Activity...all Image.
    I had exactly the same experience when I started reading comics a few years ago. I think I caught the front, more or less, of the current Image Comics creative boom—for reference, I started reading right as Saga debuted—but nearly all the comics I pick up monthly are Image. One Vertigo title, one BOOM! Studios title, a few irregular Dark Horse mini-series series, a handful of Marvel titles that I invariably read in trades, and a whole lot of Image. More than anything, I think they're more readily accessible to new readers because they're not wrapped up in deep mythologies or cross-overs with other titles. Unlike most Big-Two superhero titles, they're also more naturally inclined to cultivate a distinctive tone and "look," because part of what licensed properties trade in is familiarity and similarity. The great ones do it really, really well, but they're often doing very similar things. Creator-owned properties are more free to engage other literary and pop-culture genres.

I look to Image to give me a reason to love comics again since I no longer buy Marvel and DC. I buy Spawn regularly, and I just picked up Bitch Planet and Graveyard Shift that are pretty good.

Extraordinary Member

Image is a company of A+ quality.

I really enjoy my Image pulls. Lazarus and Velvet are among my top 3 series going right now. I would say that Image makes up about 30% of my pull list on a monthly basis. Well, they would if all the books were released each month.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    LOL...(boy I hope that is not true.)

I did not understand the love until recently. Granted I am only reading 1 book regularly and trade waiting on a second but for the price, quality and variety I can understand why folks have jumped ship.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    I look to Image to give me a reason to love comics again since I no longer buy Marvel and DC. I buy Spawn regularly, and I just picked up Bitch Planet and Graveyard Shift that are pretty good.
    Just picked up Bitch Planet tonight. Also grabbed the first three issues of Tooth and Claw. Then grabbed the first issue of Low, Velvet and They're Not Like Us. We will see if that produces more favorites.

I am through volume 3 of Revival. Not sure what I think. At times I really like it. But there is some stuff with the artwork and the lettering that can be distracting and annoying. I have gone this far. I will probably continue.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    LOL...(boy I hope that is not true.)

I did not understand the love until recently. Granted I am only reading 1 book regularly and trade waiting on a second but for the price, quality and variety I can understand why folks have jumped ship.
    What is the Image book you are reading?

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Boy, Let me tell you: I AM IN THE EXACT SAME BOAT!

Same here. Image gets about 85% of my comic allowance these days.