Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I just ordered Southern Bastards and the Divine + Wicked.
    What appeals about Image most is the superb diversity on offer and the prices! The TPBS are half the cost of a Marvel TPB.
    100%

So diverse. They offer every type of book imaginable (slight exaggeration). The types of books I'm reading from Image alone span from a time piece like Deadly Class to the sci-fi western Drifter, to crime noir Southern Bastards. Every book I pull from Image, I pull because it offers a different reading experience than anything a super hero comic from Marvel or DC or anywhere else can give me.

All-New Member

I'm still relatively new to comics but so far Image has had most of my attention. I currently read, in no particular order; Saga, East of West (my absolute favorite), Manifest Destiny, Black Science, Bitch Planet, Fade Out, Low (Second favorite), and the Wicked and the Divine. Image consumes a good amount of my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    100%

So diverse. They offer every type of book imaginable (slight exaggeration). The types of books I'm reading from Image alone span from a time piece like Deadly Class to the sci-fi western Drifter, to crime noir Southern Bastards. Every book I pull from Image, I pull because it offers a different reading experience than anything a super hero comic from Marvel or DC or anywhere else can give me.
    Absolutely this here. Sci-fi is my genre of choice and the selection/quality from Image is outstanding.

Fantastic Member

Image is now my late 90s to mid 2000s Vertigo. I've added Deadly Class, Black Science and Outcast to my trade waiting list. A lot of my go-to artists seem to be heading or headed to Image, which is great.

On deck, are the first trades of Alex + Ada and Trees.

I gave Pretty Deadly and East of West a fair shot, but had to pass. The art of both books are fantastic. I'm looking at giving Revival, Low, Sex Criminals, Bitch Planet and Thief of Thieves a shot.

The only Image comic I read monthly is Savage Dragon. In collections: Invincible, Walking Dead, Stray Bullets, Chew, Lazarus, Southern Bastards, Velvet, Saga, Manhattan Projects, and whatever short series Brubaker/Phillips are creating.

As a fan of Ross Campbell, I would love to see him back on a creator-owned project. Loved his work on Glory. Somebody should partner with Scott Kollins (with a decent colorist) for something, too.
    Last edited by John Aston; 02-25-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Image isn't getting all of my money, but certainly more than what I would have imagined in the past.

I collect in trade:

Black Science
    Deadly Class
    East of West
    Five Ghosts
    Manhattan Projects
    Prophet
    Outcast
    Walking Dead

Upcoming trades:

Drifter
    Fuse
    Lazarus
    Low
    Roche Limit
    The Fade Out

Tried and didn't like enough:

Pretty Deadly
    Great Pacific
    Zero

Bought one shots or mini's and will keep:

Fatale
    Severed
    The Infinite Horizon
    A few Hickman Books:
    Nightly News
    Pax Romana
    The Red Wing
    A Red Mass For Mars
    Transhuman

Bought and haven't read:

Nowhere Men

Do they have any black protagonist except for Spawn?Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    One of the two main characters from The Fuse is black. Off the tippy top of my head..

Nailbiter and The Fuse have black male leads, and plenty of their comics have main characters who aren't black or white, just a vague tan race.

My list:
    Image: Cooperhead, Velvet, Black Science, Lazarus, Jupiter Legacy, Zero, Casanova, The Fade Out, Manhattan Projects, C.O.W.L.
    DC/Vertigo: Grayson, Fables, Names
    Valiant: Divinity, Imperium
    IDW: G.I.J.oe
    Marvel: Daredevil, Black Widow, Magneto, Deathlok

Last edited by Winterboy; 02-26-2015 at 07:45 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

A Voice in the Dark features an African-American woman as protagonist. Probably the most diverse cast in terms of race, gender and sexuality I've seen in any comic so far (also it's very good).
    Saga would be another one here, though that's more of an ensemble cast situation plus a lot of fantasy species.
    ODY-C has about every skincolour you can think of, the main character isn't white.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Fine View Post
    I am through volume 3 of Revival. Not sure what I think. At times I really like it. But there is some stuff with the artwork and the lettering that can be distracting and annoying. I have gone this far. I will probably continue.
    Revival gets dull at times, but damn if they didn't suck me in with their dumb mysteries. I can't bail now. I have that same issue with Morning Glories. Some months I %^&*ing hate it, but when they get good, it is all worth it.

Dee from Rat Queens. Reyn...maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    A Voice in the Dark features an African-American woman as protagonist. Probably the most diverse cast in terms of race, gender and sexuality I've seen in any comic so far (also it's very good).
    Saga would be another one here, though that's more of an ensemble cast situation plus a lot of fantasy species.
    ODY-C has about every skincolour you can think of, the main character isn't white.
    The main group in Deadly Class is a diverse group of kids too.

All-New Member

Bitch Planet is a good one.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the main protagonist of the second arc of Pretty Deadly is also black.