Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Exactly!! I say this all the time. Their publishing plan is just superior to Marvel or DC's.
    Marvel has the worst trade policy I have come across, it is so inconsistent, with nothing kept in print for long, or many re prints, but have some really interesting titles. DC has a great reprint and stock policy but not that many books I like, Image have captured lightning in a bottle with a combination of great books and fantastic support in their price point and stock of trades.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Marvel has the worst trade policy I have come across, it is so inconsistent, with nothing kept in print for long, or many re prints, but have some really interesting titles. DC has a great reprint and stock policy but not that many books I like, Image have captured lightning in a bottle with a combination of great books and fantastic support in their price point and stock of trades.
    Marvel is overpriced too. Its stuff for 30 or 40 dollars that is like 4 comics worth of material. Like seriously?? Like some is worth getting like Jenkins' Inhumans. Its worth it for the quality but stuff like Uncanny Avengers are chrging 27 or more for only four issues of story and a cheap made hardcover isn't what's up lol.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Marvel is overpriced too. Its stuff for 30 or 40 dollars that is like 4 comics worth of material. Like seriously?? Like some is worth getting like Jenkins' Inhumans. Its worth it for the quality but stuff like Uncanny Avengers are chrging 27 or more for only four issues of story and a cheap made hardcover isn't what's up lol.
    Haha that was actually one of the factors I looked at when getting back into comics years ago. DC at the time was cheaper than Marvel and I found myself more interested in their titles so DC it was. Then Image came along and my trades of their stuff has been quietly increasing, funny that.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
    Haha that was actually one of the factors I looked at when getting back into comics years ago. DC at the time was cheaper than Marvel and I found myself more interested in their titles so DC it was. Then Image came along and my trades of their stuff has been quietly increasing, funny that.
    Yeah they are just good reads. I don't mind putting my money down for something that consistently blows me away.

Ive been eyeing Valiant as well.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Yeah I've noticed that too, the price of the trades are getting a lot higher, a good 50% higher than other companies, and sometimes more.

Yeah they are just good reads. I don't mind putting my money down for something that consistently blows me away.

Ive been eyeing Valiant as well.
    Valiant has some fantastic books, a nice variety, even though they are super hero books, they touch on other genres too. I really like Shadowman, Bloodshot and Harbinger, but have been picking up all the first issues trades to test them out. Again at $10 for a 4/5 issue trade is a decent investment.

BANNED

There are roughly 5 Image books I get (mostly in trade). l find the storytelling very good, intelligent and substantive.--and different (in a positive way) from the derivative stuff that comes from the big 2. One pleasant thing I find about Image books is that they are actually re-readable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    There are roughly 5 Image books I get (mostly in trade). l find the storytelling very good, intelligent and substantive.--and different (in a positive way) from the derivative stuff that comes from the big 2. One pleasant thing I find about Image books is that they are actually re-readable.

What are the five that you get?

I'm a big Image supporter as well. I re-entered the comics scene after collecting mainly as a Marvel zombie in the early 90s and returning with Civil War. I've since lost interest in Marvel entirely and collect mainly indies.

I love Saga, Alex + Ada, Rat Queens, Deadly Class, Revival, Invincible, Walking Dead, Ten Grand, and Manifest Destiny. Sheltered has been pretty good too, interested to see how it ends. One of my favorite comedy books was their rarely-mentioned 4-issue mini End Times of Bram & Ben, I honestly died laughing on quite a few occasions reading that. Lazarus just wasn't enough to keep me interested, but it was OK, same with Sidekick and Clone. Pretty Deadly was also kind of "meh", but the art was gorgeous.

I've been meaning to look into: Wytches, Chew, Outcast, Southern Bastards, and a couple others.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackagarBoltagon View Post
    I'm a big Image supporter as well. I re-entered the comics scene after collecting mainly as a Marvel zombie in the early 90s and returning with Civil War. I've since lost interest in Marvel entirely and collect mainly indies.

I love Saga, Alex + Ada, Rat Queens, Deadly Class, Revival, Invincible, Walking Dead, Ten Grand, and Manifest Destiny. Sheltered has been pretty good too, interested to see how it ends. One of my favorite comedy books was their rarely-mentioned 4-issue mini End Times of Bram & Ben, I honestly died laughing on quite a few occasions reading that. Lazarus just wasn't enough to keep me interested, but it was OK, same with Sidekick and Clone. Pretty Deadly was also kind of "meh", but the art was gorgeous.

I've been meaning to look into: Wytches, Chew, Outcast, Southern Bastards, and a couple others.
    I did the same thing I stopped in the late 90s and came back with Civil War but stayed with Marvel for a while Im thinking of jumping ship entirely(or semi entirely) and just going Image or Indies and Valiant.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

I did the same thing I stopped in the late 90s and came back with Civil War but stayed with Marvel for a while Im thinking of jumping ship entirely(or semi entirely) and just going Image or Indies and Valiant.
    The last Marvel book I was reading was Venom, since I was always a fan of the character and thought the secret agent aspect was cool. That cancelled and I got tired of their boring events. Now other than Batman my list is made up of indies from Image, Dark Horse, Valiant, Boom and a couple others.

The last Marvel book I was reading was Venom, since I was always a fan of the character and thought the secret agent aspect was cool. That cancelled and I got tired of their boring events. Now other than Batman my list is made up of indies from Image, Dark Horse, Valiant, Boom and a couple others.
    Yeah I read that Ei8ht book from DH that was an awesome book.
    Militant Anti-Villain
    The Ghost Militant...

Oh man I am in LOVE with Image.. I bought almost ALL the Image firsts to introduce myself to some new titels.. The wicked + the divine is a unique concept, Wytches is dark as @#%! and i mesn they have The Walking Dead..

Youtube.com/MrKevinsComics

BANNED

I agree with most everyone here. As a long time comic reader mainly Marvel, I was around for the big shakeup when Image was founded. They have come a long way from those early days and it has been such a plus for the industry and comic readers. I still read more Marvel than anything but I am much more apt to pick up a Image book #1 than I am Marvel, unless it is a new #1 in a current title I already read and I only read one DC title.

I never thought id praise Image for quality but I have been around long enough to see it happen and I am glad it happened.

Give Southern Bastards a look for sure. I doubt you'll regret it!