Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Give Southern Bastards a look for sure. I doubt you'll regret it!
    Just added the first volume to my Amazon wishlist, sounds really good. Now I just need to catch up on my backlog to get to it!

Made an account here just to respond to this thread. TC, I am right there with you.

I just started reading Image comics two weeks ago and have been binge-downloading ever since.

I've read about 8 different series so far, with Saga and Black Science definitely being my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackagarBoltagon View Post
    Just added the first volume to my Amazon wishlist, sounds really good. Now I just need to catch up on my backlog to get to it!
    I just finished the first trade and was kinda "meh" about it overall. It almost feels like a poor man's Scalped to me thus far. I think I will give it one more trade to see if it piques my interest more before I pass judgment though.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJoe View Post
    Made an account here just to respond to this thread. TC, I am right there with you.

I just started reading Image comics two weeks ago and have been binge-downloading ever since.

I've read about 8 different series so far, with Saga and Black Science definitely being my favorites.
    Welcome to the Image boards SloppyJoe!
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Fantastic Member

Add Nailbiter to the list. Sigh.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackagarBoltagon View Post
    If you want a free preview jump on Comixology today. The first issue of Southern Bastards is free.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJoe View Post

Welcome! I just recently joined as well. I started with TWD a year ago. Got completely caught up and started following it monthly. Since then I've jumped into collecting the volumes of Revival, Outcast, Saga, and Nailbiter. Monthly I collect TWD, Outcast, Saga, Savior, and Kaptara.

Every couple weeks I'm finding a new series to follow and it's driving me bonkers. I can't stop collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyOne View Post
    If you want a free preview jump on Comixology today. The first issue of Southern Bastards is free.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I've decided to pass on Nameless. I had high hopes but the first issue did nothing for me.

Default My God, take my money! Just finished Pax Romana, and Kaptara #1...

The more I read Image titles, the more I am tempted to go all but exclusively Image. There are a couple of mainstream titles I really enjoy, Astro City and All New Hawkeye in particular, but these Image titles just continue to blow my mind, and impress.

You pay less, you get more pages, better quality paper, stories written by the creators, for the creators, and NO RELAUNCHES. I wish someone could push me over the edge. I would love to haul all my Marvel/DC off the shelf, and out of the boxes, and be done with it.

The artists I read "big two" for, Steve Mcniven, and Skottie Young, do so little, that I don't feel like I need to "keep up" with the continuity. I enjoy what Hickman's doing, but TBH, I think it's time to cut that cord.

I was at the comic store last week, and I was looking at the second trade of Southern Bastards, and it's STILL $10! Marvel's floppies are HORRIBLE quality, cost $4, and their trade prices are not much better...things are getting to critical mass for me.

I recently dropped a lot of of Marvel titles myself, as I started finding titles that appealed to me more with Image and other independents. I'm mostly getting trades of everything, getting a lot of full collections on ebay, and pre-ordering through Amazon. I've noticed that lately 75% of my stuff is not Marvel/DC. I still get Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman, Flash, and another one or two books like Silver Surfer and Hawkeye, but they have that less connected to the whole universe feel at the moment.

Love Image and the quality and care they put into their physical product won me over. That said, as much as I love them it can be tough for newcomers to jump in. You often have to start from the beginning (not a bad thing at all, given the high quality of the stories).

I wasn't even aware that any publishers outside of Image, Dark Horse, Oni, Humanoids, and BOOM existed anymore.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    I wasn't even aware that any publishers outside of Image, Dark Horse, Oni, Humanoids, and BOOM existed anymore.
    Of course there are! DC Comics and the manga industry duh! :P

I think there was another company but I think its currently stuck in something kind of dimension where its all about this weird thing called Secret War or something. Also maybe possibly another company that started with a D... but I think its currently stuck in the past. Then there's another with an A that I believe is banking on making their dorky titles shocking and dark!

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Love Image and the quality and care they put into their physical product won me over. That said, as much as I love them it can be tough for newcomers to jump in. You often have to start from the beginning (not a bad thing at all, given the high quality of the stories).
    I like how you said physical product to mean that they dont print on that super cheap paper.
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator