Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Uncanny Avengers, #1

COUNTER-EVOLUTIONARY PART 1
    • From the ashes of AXIS an all-new, all different Avengers assemble!
    • The tragedy at the end of AXIS has left the Uncanny Avengers vulnerable, and someone is taking advantage of it.
    • One of the Avengers oldest foes returns with a terrible secret that will, all hyperbole aside, shatter the lives of two members of the squad.
    • What is Counter-Earth? What terrible secrets does it house?

Full article here.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Counter-Earth. New Men. Looks like High Evolutionary's again involving himself in the twins' lives.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Counter-Earth? lol Remender loves new worlds to build and explore. I love his obsession with sending the characters to weird, new dimensions, planets, or landscapes. Black Science is the closest to a breakdown of the Remender style: send people to a foreign world until they lose family then send them to another one, repeat ad naseum. And I love it! How many worlds does he see in his sleep? It's like all these worlds are in his mind waiting for him to write about them and hire them a proper artist. I can't wait to see this one. Other writers have detailed worlds, but they aren't coming up with new ones as the concept behind every other arc of their multiple comics.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Ohhhhhh........I am REALLLLLLYYYYY Going To Enjoy Remender Writing Quicksilver!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

All hail Acuna!

I'm kind of unfamiliar with this Counter Earth. Is it really another planet in the same orbit as the regular Earth? If so, that means the Earth isn't a planet at all. Where did this thing come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    I'm kind of unfamiliar with this Counter Earth. Is it really another planet in the same orbit as the regular Earth? If so, that means the Earth isn't a planet at all. Where did this thing come from?
    Earth would still be a planet, just on the far side of the shared orbit with Counter Earth, of which as yet we don't know which version of Counter Earth it is.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

All hail Acuna!

IKR, This is Incredible, Some of His BEST work I have seen since UA Vol. 1 Issue #6 with Thor and Poccy in the past.

Like how he drew the Anthropomorphic Characters, the details and point on look he gives to ones like the Elephant and Bear are both impressive. The Armor styles go well with each one, makes them stand out in their own unique and cool ways.

My Hats-Off to Acuna here, THIS is why he is one of my Favorites Right Now!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I need Rogue back with the x-men. After all i'm not gonna read this, only 1 x-man some vilains and some Avengers. At least the last volume had some x-men in.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I need Rogue back with the x-men. After all i'm not gonna read this, only 1 x-man some vilains and some Avengers. At least the last volume had some x-men in.
    My Hope is that that Vol. 2 will follow Par with Vol. 1, in the fact that in the 1st 4 issues of Vol. 1 we only had a few members of the team and then by Issue 5 they added more. I agree, I want to see FAR more X-Men on the team then just Rogue and I don't consider Sabertooth an X-Man.

So Indeed MrSinister, I agree, the team need many more X-Men on it then Just Rogue!

Amazing Member

I've always found the High Evolutionary interesting, even if the stories featuring him don't always work. I also actually find this line-up interesting -- although, yes, VERY light on X-Men -- and love Acuna's art. So I might start picking this up.

As for Counter-Earth, it sure doesn't look like the one created by Franklin Richards during Heroes Reborn. The last time I remember seeing that world it was fairly post-apocalyptic, and this one seems to be highly advanced. I'll be curious to see how they spin this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Earth would still be a planet, just on the far side of the shared orbit with Counter Earth, of which as yet we don't know which version of Counter Earth it is.
    No. One of the definitions of a "planet" is that it sweeps out all other sizable objects from its orbit. That's one of the reasons Pluto doesn't qualify; it's part of the Kuiper Belt, which has a bunch of similar stuff in it. If there are two large bodies in the same orbit, the best either can do is "planetoid" or "dwarf planet."

Although maybe all that's null when you're talking something artificial that was deliberately placed there, and not born from the actual origin of the solar system.
    Last edited by Dog; 01-22-2015 at 07:30 AM.

Is it me, or does pietro seem a little bit ... off?

Good preview. Still don't like the massive retconning that's needed for this story. I'll still give it a chance. I get why Marvel is doing this. They want it line it up with the movie. They say they're not. They're lying, either overtly or covertly. There's just no way around it. If they can make this awesome somehow, I'll be all for it. But if they can't, I'm done with this series and I'll wait for the next relaunch/retcon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

No. One of the definitions of a "planet" is that it sweeps out all other sizable objects from its orbit.

Although maybe all that's null when you're talking something artificial that was deliberately placed there, and not born from the actual origin of the solar system.
    Well common usage doesn't always jive with scientific usage, modern scientific usage in this particular case (I call dolphins and porpoises "whales" even when non-scientists don't) so it depends on who you're talking with, and as you pointed out about the artificiality of Counter Earth…
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Is it me, or does pietro seem a little bit ... off?
    I think we're all fairly used to Pietro being a stick in the mud in recent years, so seeing this more playful, less angsty side is.... unusual.