Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Happened in the New Warriors relaunch. High Evolutionary got tricked by the Eternals that the Celestials were coming and they had to help humanity, etc. Then at the end he got left holding the bag.

I wonder if we'll see that reference or not.
    I wasn't thrilled to find out we were getting another high evolutionary story; I felt that latest New Warriors series tanked because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, that's what I don't understand- what's the purpose of them going to counter earth to begin with.
    I would guess it's about confronting the High Evolutionary about Wanda an Pietro's origin. That's where they got the whole thing about them being Magneto's kid to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I never read Xfactor, but i just thought pietro was acting a bit younger, like he'd been de-aged, or something.
    Remender is writing him to act funny/immature.
    But from those first couple of pages with Pietro in it, he's missing the mark (SURPRISE!). It's forced and fast and meaningless. Quicksilver (written by PAD) is hilarious, has heart, and is a useful character. I cannot wait to see how Remender undoes all of that.

*sigh*
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    This is a major pass. Rogue need to return to the X-Men. Co Leader my behind. She has not been in the previews or the first 4 covers, except to be faceless in the background of issue one! Also Acuna has a major fail on her redesign. Yep, still negative and proud! At least this series will be ending soon.

#FreeRogue
    I think it's a bit premature to assume she'll be a faceless background character based purely on a preview.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's a bit premature to assume she'll be a faceless background character based purely on a preview.
    I think going by her faceless appearance in the first series, it is a solid conclusion to draw. Also the fact that Acuna draws her actually faceless.

But she may have to buy 8 issues before Rogue is ever used.

This is part of why I, personally, dislike Remender's writing. Wait, scratch that: This is why I dislike about 95% of the writing style today of current writers.

"oh, well. I'll buy the next issue because maybe she'll be in THAT one."

8 issues later, with no real use yet of Rogue, but $40 spent on books with a story that is going to go on for another 20-25 issues?

I, personally, would not and could not.
    And I won't do it for Quicksilver (he's one of my fave characters).
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Spectacular Member

This is a major pass. Rogue need to return to the X-Men. Co Leader my behind. She has not been in the previews or the first 4 covers, except to be faceless in the background of issue one! Also Acuna has a major fail on her redesign. Yep, still negative and proud! At least this series will be ending soon.

#FreeRogue

Well let see the first arc is about the fall out from wanda's spell so it makes sense that she get a solo cover, Rogue on the other hand might have to wait until the story has to deal with her to get a cover. Other characters have a right to shine as well. Rogue is already popular but that doesn't mean she should be the focus of all the storys and the covers. Sorry it just seems you want Rogue to be the focus like in legacy.

I think going by her faceless appearance in the first series, it is a solid conclusion to draw. Also the fact that Acuna draws her actually faceless.
    The hood might be an artist choice, but she certainly wasn't a background character in the first series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    No. One of the definitions of a "planet" is that it sweeps out all other sizable objects from its orbit. That's one of the reasons Pluto doesn't qualify; it's part of the Kuiper Belt, which has a bunch of similar stuff in it. If there are two large bodies in the same orbit, the best either can do is "planetoid" or "dwarf planet."

Although maybe all that's null when you're talking something artificial that was deliberately placed there, and not born from the actual origin of the solar system.
    Yeah, that part of the definition is pretty much null and void when you're talking about something somehow maintaining the exact opposite position in the same orbit, presumably by artificial means. I'd simply go by size here, honestly... otherwise, if High Evolutionary decided to create a Counter-Jupiter just for kicks, would that downgrade Jupiter to a planetoid or dwarf planet when it's still the largest (or one of the two largest, I guess) planetary bodies in the system?

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Kind of made my points on the recon when it came-out, so rather not rehash those post of mine at this point. Rather, I like to see now where they go with this, it is both painful and very-curious at the same-time what in the world they will do with this recon; What are the twins state of mine? What is Counter-Earth and Why might it hold answers for Them? What, if any, is High Evolutionary's part in all of this. Right now I am very curious myself to see what Marvel comes up with, not RR, Marvel, cause this is Marvel's course choice.
    Considering it was the High Evolutionary who gave the twins to the Maximoffs, and he or his servant Bova who've told the most stories about the twins' origins, it stands to reason that if he hasn't been playing some massive deception himself, he'd still be the person most likely to know the truth of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    So those ARE the High Evolutionary/Knights of Wundagore animal people that I've only read about in Quicksilver's 90s solo?

Huh.

I know very little about them.
    Well, given that you're posting here, there's an easy solution to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    But she may have to buy 8 issues before Rogue is ever used.

This is part of why I, personally, dislike Remender's writing. Wait, scratch that: This is why I dislike about 95% of the writing style today of current writers.

"oh, well. I'll buy the next issue because maybe she'll be in THAT one."

8 issues later, with no real use yet of Rogue, but $40 spent on books with a story that is going to go on for another 20-25 issues?

I, personally, would not and could not.
    And I won't do it for Quicksilver (he's one of my fave characters).
    Or you can just not bother buying a book which you have been 99% critical of the entire time. That works too.

I'm not talking about you specifically or even jen specifically but I have always found it so bizarre how so many comic book fans continue to buy and post about books they don't like year after year after year. After a certain point if you're still getting books you don't like, it stops being marvels fault. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Well let see the first arc is about the fall out from wanda's spell so it makes sense that she get a solo cover, Rogue on the other hand might have to wait until the story has to deal with her to get a cover. Other characters have a right to shine as well. Rogue is already popular but that doesn't mean she should be the focus of all the storys and the covers. Sorry it just seems you want Rogue to be the focus like in legacy.
    Yes that is it. Because after 2.5 years and Rogue as a minor character with like ZERO solo covers and an absence from the title for 8 months is soooooooooooooooo much over exposure. Sorry, but Rogue has been under used here. This is fact. My anger comes from the constant waiting for Rogue to get some love on this title.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I feel bad for Quicksilver. Going from being written well by PAD to being written like this by Remender.
    I haven't read anything with QS in it since Avengers Academy... From this preview, this doesn't look anything like the QS I know. Even his speech pattern is wrong. I really like Pietro, but this doesn't seem like him at all. I feel as though Remender said: "Oh, okay... Pietro is Wanda's brother, he's a speedster, that's all I need to know to write him however I want."

I'll pass on this.

Or you can just not bother buying a book which you have been 99% critical of the entire time. That works too.

I'm not talking about you specifically or even jen specifically but I have always found it so bizarre how so many comic book fans continue to buy and post about books they don't like year after year after year. After a certain point if you're still getting books you don't like, it stops being marvels fault. Just saying.
    Correct. I have dropped it and await her return to the whatever landscape after Secret Wars. I am hoping the AoA and X-Men 92 are actually title coming and not a fake-out.

But, it is kinda insincere to tell Rogue fans to stop complaining about her under use. Especially when it is the only title the mega star is in because they are stringing the fandom along for the name.