Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Correct. I have dropped it and await her return to the whatever landscape after Secret Wars. I am hoping the AoA and X-Men 92 are actually title coming and not a fake-out.

But, it is kinda insincere to tell Rogue fans to stop complaining about her under use. Especially when it is the only title the mega star is in because they are stringing the fandom along for the name.
    I certainly wouldn't say it's out of bounds to argue it's premature for fans to complain about her usage in a preview.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Correct. I have dropped it and await her return to the whatever landscape after Secret Wars. I am hoping the AoA and X-Men 92 are actually title coming and not a fake-out.

But, it is kinda insincere to tell Rogue fans to stop complaining about her under use. Especially when it is the only title the mega star is in because they are stringing the fandom along for the name.
    And I have a feeling I will be in your same boat after Quicksilver is written for a few issues.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    so... do the counter-earth new men know that the high evolutionary slaughtered the wundagore new men, supposedly for the benefit of baseline humans?
    Yeah, I hope they acknowledge the developments in NW.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I feel bad for Quicksilver. Going from being written well by PAD to being written like this by Remender.
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The hood might be an artist choice, but she certainly wasn't a background character in the first series.
    She was dead in like 10 of the 25 issues of UA vol 1, and was the only UA dead character forbidden to appear in any other comic.

Spectacular Member

sorry computer is messing up didn't mean to type this
    Last edited by Jynx; 01-22-2015 at 10:45 AM.

The hood might be an artist choice, but she certainly wasn't a background character in the first series.
    I agree she was in no way a minor character in the first series (aside from those parts where she was, you know, dead) but the art in this series has been so horrible for her. I mean, no one other than the landscape looks good under acuna's pen. Alex looked like he was from Star Trek, rogue hardly ever had a face and got a terrible haircut when she was actually given her head, Thor was so blobby... Ugh I could go on. It just is too ill defined to really make me enjoy it. Hopefully like last series we'll get at least one issue with an amazing guest artist like coipel, #5 was drawn perfectly.

Or you can just not bother buying a book which you have been 99% critical of the entire time. That works too.

I'm not talking about you specifically or even jen specifically but I have always found it so bizarre how so many comic book fans continue to buy and post about books they don't like year after year after year. After a certain point if you're still getting books you don't like, it stops being marvels fault. Just saying.

Well, for me personally, I do not buy this book. However, I bought and read enough of the first go-round of this series to know that I don't care for Remender's writing on this series.
    But it's really hard not to like a writer and then know that that writer is going to be writing one of my favorite characters. And we have every right to be concerned, especially Jen. Rogue was treated poorly in a gigantic chunk of the first part of UA. And to say I'm skeptical (AT BEST) with Remender writing Quicksilver now is simply putting it lightly.

Pietro is not just a speedster who has fast, witty things to say. He's more than that. And I really HOPE that Remender keeps that in mind. The character just came off a series where he was written superbly by PAD.

Spectacular Member

Why especially Jen? every fan is equal, every fandom is equal. Just because you like Rogue doesn't mean she better then every other character on the team. Her time will come just like every other characters time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Happened in the New Warriors relaunch. High Evolutionary got tricked by the Eternals that the Celestials were coming and they had to help humanity, etc. Then at the end he got left holding the bag.

I wonder if we'll see that reference or not.
    That was the worst part of the New Warriors story...having everybody be so out of character: High Evolutionary acting like a foolish pawn, and Zuras being a puppy-kicking devious villain.

A pity, because the heroes were great. I think that, if they had been given a couple of popular villains as first opponents (Mr. Sinister and Red Skull, for example), , their sales would have done better.

BANNED

I hope this book either gets more X-men, or stops trying to pretend to be half X-men, half Avengers.

Hell, the only X-men in the book isn't actually an X-man at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Why especially Jen? every fan is equal, every fandom is equal. Just because you like Rogue doesn't mean she better then every other character on the team. Her time will come just like every other characters time.
    I used Jen as an example because she is a known Rogue fan, and I recall how upset she was over Rogue being killed in this book. Also! because Jen was the one being commented about, I believe.
    And for the rest, I don't even know what you are talking about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I haven't read anything with QS in it since Avengers Academy... From this preview, this doesn't look anything like the QS I know. Even his speech pattern is wrong. I really like Pietro, but this doesn't seem like him at all. I feel as though Remender said: "Oh, okay... Pietro is Wanda's brother, he's a speedster, that's all I need to know to write him however I want."

I'll pass on this.
    I think the part where he says "I know right? I'd kick 'em etc..." is him mimicking the speech of the animals for shits and giggles. But yeah, talking slang, even ironically, isn't something he does (I can think of only one, maybe two instances where he's done it)
    I'm guessing the writer saw X:Men Days of Future Past, and the artist saw Tron and now we have a Quicksilver who is a merger of these two movies
    As I've said before, I will also pass on this, but I will probably still lurk around here to read spoilers...you have been warned.

Glad to see Acuna is still on duty with this serie, I love his art.
    I wasn't fond of the other artists who stepped-in at times in the first volume, beyond Coipel and McNiven, so it's a big bonus for me.
    And Wanda looked lively in this preview, I'm looking forward to read more of what her and Quicksilver are doing on this world.

Pietro being less unsufferable than usual and even FUN here is a major win for me, you won't find me complaining whatsoever about the writing...It's just a preview anyway, let's wait and see.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    That was the worst part of the New Warriors story...having everybody be so out of character: High Evolutionary acting like a foolish pawn, and Zuras being a puppy-kicking devious villain.

A pity, because the heroes were great. I think that, if they had been given a couple of popular villains as first opponents (Mr. Sinister and Red Skull, for example), , their sales would have done better.
    I don't think I would've liked that either. I'm light years over the Red skull.
    Last edited by protege; 01-23-2015 at 07:54 AM.

Amazing Member

And just like that.. 45 years of brooding, humorless, self righteous speedster are gone and replaced by a 'devil may care' Wally West type.. All it took was one kick ass scene in a movie last summer...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    And just like that.. 45 years of brooding, humorless, self righteous speedster are gone and replaced by a 'devil may care' Wally West type.. All it took was one kick ass scene in a movie last summer...
    Maybe this isn't Pietro. Maybe he's Speed. Maybe Wanda is at last spending some time with her demon sons (just joking)