Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maclimes View Post
    I'm confused. What's the point of releasing a #1 issue right now, considering they are "rebooting" (or whatever you want to call it) in a just a few short months.
    Because they aren't actually rebooting.

Extraordinary Member

If the High Evolutionary gave them their powers, as this seems to hint, then they're going to have a hell of a time explaining all that stuff about the confusing mutant/magic hybrid that is Wanda's power. Or maybe they'll just drop it and retcon it that it all comes from the High Evolutionary? I guess we'll see.

And I'm not ready to say yet that Quicksilver was written out of character there. He clearly seemed to be using those speech patterns to make fun of the New Men's own way of speaking. His internal monologue is more in his own typical voice, so we'll see how he talks when Wanda's around.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If the High Evolutionary gave them their powers, as this seems to hint, then they're going to have a hell of a time explaining all that stuff about the confusing mutant/magic hybrid that is Wanda's power. Or maybe they'll just drop it and retcon it that it all comes from the High Evolutionary? I guess we'll see.

And I'm not ready to say yet that Quicksilver was written out of character there. He clearly seemed to be using those speech patterns to make fun of the New Men's own way of speaking. His internal monologue is more in his own typical voice, so we'll see how he talks when Wanda's around.
    But Quicksilver's humor is more intelligent than that. He has a more clever wit to him than that. He's sharper.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

The easiest thing to do was to put the blame on Wanda's reality-warping powers. She didn't want to be Magneto's daughter anymore, so she retconned herself as Whizzer and Miss America's daughter.

Of course there is another option: The current Magneto isn't the real one. Magneto has been replaced by robots, clones, and (maybe) Xorn in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Chthon is still a real thing in the MU, so it's really not any more difficult than it already was. Most likely the HE was playing around with giving kids (or clones, for all we know) the X-gene or an artificial version of it, and so Wanda and Pietro are pseudo- rather than true mutants.... much as they once suspected already. Nothing needs to change about the twins, Wanda especially, being influenced by Chthon's essence being present in the mountain. All that's happening is that the 'scientific' aspect of their powers is now experimentation by the HE rather than simply being mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    And just like that.. 45 years of brooding, humorless, self righteous speedster are gone and replaced by a 'devil may care' Wally West type.. All it took was one kick ass scene in a movie last summer...
    So...wait...his internal monologue (which was composed of more actual words than his quips to the New Men) didn't read as "brooding" to you?

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So...wait...his internal monologue (which was composed of more actual words than his quips to the New Men) didn't read as "brooding" to you?

Interesting...
    Pietro is much more than a lot here are making him out to be.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Considering it was the High Evolutionary who gave the twins to the Maximoffs, and he or his servant Bova who've told the most stories about the twins' origins, it stands to reason that if he hasn't been playing some massive deception himself, he'd still be the person most likely to know the truth of the matter.
    That is a Exceptional Point indeed Vitruvian.

IMO might be one of the saving graces of the Recon, for a Recon that has shown little to have. At least Marvel is going by, right now, a form of Canon that is part of the Twins history and in fact, was help used to connect Magneto with the Twins in the past as well. So going back to the High Evolutionary as a use of this recon is the best possible idea they could have come-up with in this choice they made.

Indeed, while the Recon itself is justifiably controversial and I am still on the same level as that as well, I always look for semantics as well and in what Stories they could go for in explaining this, Yes, High Evolutionary is the best Route.

Now I would like to see how they tell this story.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 01-22-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I've really been looking forward to this. Uncanny Avengers has been one of my favorite book and I adore the team line-up as well as the creative team. The preview has me pretty pumped.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Why especially Jen? every fan is equal, every fandom is equal. Just because you like Rogue doesn't mean she better then every other character on the team. Her time will come just like every other characters time.
    I think each fandom indeed Jynx is on equal par with other Fandoms so long as the fandoms can give semantics and support to who or what they are supporting. Jen has given indeed Allot of concerns over the usage of Rogue and sadly at the start of UA Vol. 1 the miss-use of Rogue was Very Bad I am sad to say.

But since the Planet X arc, IMO things have gotten allot better. Jen and other Fans make good arguments on why Rogue is indeed so Grand of a character and are indeed justified in why they are upset when they don't feel it is being represented well. However, I am a Rogue Fan as well, while it was not good at the start, since Planet X, Rogue has become MUCH more of a Grander Character in many ways. Now in UA Vol. 2 she is being said to be a Main Leader and the one that Forms the NEW Unity Team! IMO, that is a Grand push for Rogue in the positive direction by RR.

Many may still not like it enough, feeling to much burn from past wrongs, but still a Grand Positive Push to make up for those wrongs is still a Grand Positive Push that indeed should be celebrated to the full extent that it is!

As for Fandom, each character in this book has a Loyal and Large Fanbase that I hope each will have their characters have their moments to shine like in any book. I trust RR that he will make this happen and show why in each unique way towards each unique character why each of those characters are Grand and why their fandoms will celebrate those moments! ;-)

Nice to talk with you Jynx!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

heck yeah i've been waiting this for so long
    can't wait to see this when it's come
    so pietro got another speedster in here,
    counter earth seems cool place
    but it's like a wundagore that i've read in Quicksilver solo's comic 90's
    I think this is could be amazing, it's about them about the twins
    and then an ex-villain gonna be tied together to be a hero, that's pretty cool

i love the way they did to the MCU speedster
    This is got a lot more interesting!!
    could be more exciting!!!!

UNCAVEN2015001-int2-2-42bc9.jpg
    UNCAVEN2015001-int2-4-dc358.jpg
    - All-New X-Factor - Iron Fist : The Living Weapon - Superior Iron Man - Uncanny Avengers - Captain Marvel & Ms Marvel -

• Quicksilver
    • Iron Fist
    • Iron Man
    • Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    Why especially Jen? every fan is equal, every fandom is equal. Just because you like Rogue doesn't mean she better then every other character on the team. Her time will come just like every other characters time.
    So where is a Rogue's equal representation? It has been over 2 years and Rogue has gotten NO focus. You think I am asking for her to be the only character when I just want fair representation. There have been NO Rogue covers on UA ever in the past 2 plus years. Hell, even Sunfire and Janet had solo covers. She has not had any real focus excepts a tiny bit in issue 23 and 24. But still no covers and no story that was truly hers without it being connected to Wanda.
    Last edited by jen; 01-22-2015 at 09:05 PM.

BANNED

That looked fun until the "Everything you know is a lie" bit came up. Sorry I find that to be worn out by now. fabulous looking though!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    But Quicksilver's humor is more intelligent than that. He has a more clever wit to him than that. He's sharper.
    Thank you Cold Water. Making fun of your enemies by mimicking them is the sort of thing Spider-man or Iceman would do because they're both childish. Quicksilver's humor is generally more subtle and a lot more sarcastic / meaner.
    Here are some examples (and sorry, but I may have messed up attaching the images):
    tumblr_n7uwr9Y3TG1rgzzuio1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mbquckSPwr1rgzzuio1_1280.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

This looks like fun.

Looking forward to this.