Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Granted, Spider-Verse has a lot of characters, but I wonder if it was a mistake not giving Peter more one and one time with the individual spiders, especially Gwen and this version of Ben Reilly. I'd have liked to see the effects on Peter's self-doubts when working a Ben Reilly who handled certain situations better.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I call dibs on Ben, somehow, showing up in the final battle with the bónus of wearing the Scarlet jacket.
    makes sense with the loss of his mask etc. but i personally prefer multiple bens (and kaines).

As much as I want to see him I doubt we will, too much to do in the last issue, unless we see Ben returning to his world at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    As much as I want to see him I doubt we will, too much to do in the last issue, unless we see Ben returning to his world at the end
    Well, even if they were all fodder to up Jennix's eeeevil level, there's still all those clones who used to be under some form of mind control on that Earth. If Ben was alive I could see him breaking them out of it and staying to help fix the world in the epilogue issue. It wouldn't take more than a sweet panel and a caption.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Well, even if they were all fodder to up Jennix's eeeevil level, there's still all those clones who used to be under some form of mind control on that Earth. If Ben was alive I could see him breaking them out of it and staying to help fix the world in the epilogue issue. It wouldn't take more than a sweet panel and a caption.
    Hope you're right. I would love some Ben to get a happy ending

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    You only need to draw him in the fight and have someone aknowledge that it`s Ben.

That being said, I wish we have gotten a chat between this Ben and Peter. He even managed to talk off panel to Gwen. Maybe in some epilogue if it happens.

Am I the only one who found it absolutely heartwarming how utterly pissed off Kaine was at Ben's death? Spiders have been dropping left and right but it's the death of Ben that really sent him over the edge. It totally speaks to his character and how much he ended up looking up to Ben. And speaking of....it was so nice to see Ben again...and get a glimpse of his world...how things would have been had he'd lived.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    Am I the only one who found it absolutely heartwarming how utterly pissed off Kaine was at Ben's death? Spiders have been dropping left and right but it's the death of Ben that really sent him over the edge. It totally speaks to his character and how much he ended up looking up to Ben. And speaking of....it was so nice to see Ben again...and get a glimpse of his world...how things would have been had he'd lived.
    Although (for me) some of the characterization felt off, I enjoyed the run overall. Issue #2 could have done with just a single mention of his former New Warriors colleagues (who as far as Kaine knows, could be alive or dead) - and why no mention of Aracely? A single comment here or there would have been in character.

It was good to see a Ben where everything worked out, and even in his final breath he was thinking of a way out. Kaine's reaction to Ben's death was spot on, given that he hunted 'his' Ben Reilly for years and blames himself for, well, pretty much everything.

And then I read Amazing #13, and although there was some pay-off I'm not entirely sure if Kaine is dead or not. I read both in one sitting and Amazing #13 left me a little sour after the end of Scarlet Spiders #3.

iMan 42s

It would be extraordinarily disappointing if Kaine actually does die in Amazing 13. Kaine is one of the most interesting spiders out there and definitely can fill in for Ben as Scarlet spider. I get spiders will die and most don't even get substantial panel time but this is a guy who had a devoted fan base even in the clone saga so Kaine definitely does deserve to go out with a little more than a spider arm through the neck. Considering the Other it is likely Kaine survived this seeing as how his abdomen was basically torn out when he first got the thing but man if he did die that really sucks. I'd take Kaine over Silk any day.

Also if this means that we simply won't see him building up to secret wars and so forth until after battle world why not kill off any of the other supporting cast. Kaine actually had a huge plot line that needed to be followed up on.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It would be extraordinarily disappointing if Kaine actually does die in Amazing 13. Kaine is one of the most interesting spiders out there and definitely can fill in for Ben as Scarlet spider. I get spiders will die and most don't even get substantial panel time but this is a guy who had a devoted fan base even in the clone saga so Kaine definitely does deserve to go out with a little more than a spider arm through the neck. Considering the Other it is likely Kaine survived this seeing as how his abdomen was basically torn out when he first got the thing but man if he did die that really sucks. I'd take Kaine over Silk any day.

Also if this means that we simply won't see him building up to secret wars and so forth until after battle world why not kill off any of the other supporting cast. Kaine actually had a huge plot line that needed to be followed up on.
    I don't think Kaine is dead. They wouldn't kill him so nonchalantly, even if it is Spider Verse.