Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default David Ramsey Wants To See Bruce Wayne On "Arrow"

John Diggle has figured out a number of ways to get Batman's alter ego on the CW series and he wants to see it happen now.

Full article here.

I'm not sure that'd be able to work. Much as I'd like Ras' Al Ghul and co on Gotham, a good place for them, the Court of Owls might be the next best replacement.

And, can always have a new iteration in the film universe.

With Bruce already on the big screen from next year on, with Ben Affleck, and small, with David Mazouz in Gotham, not sure it'd work to have him on Arrow as well, but Oliver himself may well be enough, and Ted Grant, Ray Palmer, etc.

I agree with him in that there's no need for Batman, but Bruce could work in an arc.

Amazing Member

NO. I have no desire to see a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne (or any incarnation of the character) on this show. Ollie is behaving enough like Batman as it is, it would be unnecessary to include him.

I really like the conceit of Earth-CW not having Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman, and I think is the best way to go. It's been successful so far and the differences between Earth-CW and the traditional versions of the characters can be explained away with that. (Yes, I realize that Wayne Enterprises was Easter Egged in Well's Future Newspaper. Wayne Enterprises - Queen Industries merger is a cute reference to the characters being combined to form CW-GreenArrow)

Incredible Member

Gotham is already a mistake. So I don't want to see Batman/Bruce Wayne and his "kids" for that matter being associated with an unprofessional network like the CW. Batman/Bruce Wayne is destined for great things and its clear to me that these great things can only be accomplished on the big screen.

BANNED

Gotham is so high above Arrow in quality that throwing the distinction between them in the viewers faces sends like it would benefit no one. Also there's no advantage to either show to highlight that there is no distinguishing character differentiation between Ollie and Bruce. It's just a bad idea all around.

Incredible Member

I love Ramsey's idea. Have Bruce Wayne be with the guys in the League, observing Oliver. At one point, he can say something like "You should really lighten up, man."

Not sure how I feel about bruce making an actual appearance on the show but just a quick off hand mention of his name or gotham would be cool. They've mention bludhaven several times without making a huge deal about it, so why not?
    http://cyberskeletor.tumblr.com/
    Beware, my tumblr is a mess. Seriously.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

They could bring in Matches Malone and have him leave his wig and clothes behind at the end indicating he wasn't the real persona of the man Ollie deals with. (Recycled from how I thought they could being him into Smallville)

All-New Member

Well, they've got ten years to meet.

Astonishing Member

Problem is they can't do anything more than a "wink" with it. Bruce would have to be identified with a line or two of (probably ambiguous) dialogue and then quickly brushed aside. Having him play a major role even out of costume would probably invite some legal action from whoever holds the TV rights to Batman.

I suspect that "wink" would backfire. One segment of the audience would just groan at the corniness and another would use it to keep pushing for a full-fledged Batman appearance which is never gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Problem is they can't do anything more than a "wink" with it. Bruce would have to be identified with a line or two of (probably ambiguous) dialogue and then quickly brushed aside. Having him play a major role even out of costume would probably invite some legal action from whoever holds the TV rights to Batman.

I suspect that "wink" would backfire. One segment of the audience would just groan at the corniness and another would use it to keep pushing for a full-fledged Batman appearance which is never gonna happen.
    Fox, to my knowledge, though I would assume Warner have everything.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Fox, to my knowledge, though I would assume Warner have everything.
    Fox has stated they have them so either they'll have to work out a co-promotion deal with the CW, which isn't likely unless Fox puts an actual Batman series out there. Gotham crossing over with Arrow is...unlikely to say the least. Even if it goes ten and has Bruce actually suit up.

That said, odds are Arrow can wait it out. The CW is great at handling long running genre series (See: Smallville, Supernatural) and the show seems to be keeping and building its audience. I wouldn't be surprised if it outlasts Gotham and from there Fox would be in a use or lose situation with the Batman rights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    And a third would howl at the notion that Flash and Arrow are 15 years older than Batman.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Batman on the small screen is way past due...it's time. Cast the right actor and design a good suit for television. It's time....it's time.

And if they were able to get the Bruce Wayne character on Arrow, that episode would undoubtedly be the most watched Arrow ep of the entire show.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6