Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default BREAKING: Melissa Benoist Cast As Supergirl In CBS Series

The "Whiplash" and "Glee" star will head up the pilot from "Arrow" producer Greg Berlanti.

Full article here.

Guess it's cool, never watched a minute of her acting but she looks like Supergirl to me.

kudos! Hopefully we'll see her in the costume soon.

Well done, Melissa! Happy for you, and with you, and hope you continue well, after Glee, and now, with Supergirl, hopefully this will lift your career up, UP and away.

Flash from Glee - Sebastian.

Supergirl from Glee - Marley.

AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by normanosborn View Post
    Guess it's cool, never watched a minute of her acting but she looks like Supergirl to me.
    I guess she will be ok, but some of the other ladies I saw they were looking at seemed a better fit..I'm sure she'll be fine though

She was good in Whiplash - which is awesome but haven't seen her in Glee so this will be interesting. Making no judgments until I see footage.

She's a good actress. I hope the show is good as well, but I'm not getting my hopes up. None of DC's shows have been to my liking so far :/

Spectacular Member

so now DC missing the boat if they don't have a musical episode in Flash or Supergirl. Lovely actress. She was wonderful on Glee so I think she will do a great job. Just wonder how she will look as a blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    She's a good actress. I hope the show is good as well, but I'm not getting my hopes up. None of DC's shows have been to my liking so far :/
    Really? Why not The Flash though? It's like this weekly dosage of light-hearted superhero fun.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Glee? Yawn. This will be more of the same.

Really? Why not The Flash though? It's like this weekly dosage of light-hearted superhero fun.
    Flash was certainly better than Arrow and Gotham, but it didn't grab me enough to make me want to watch every episode. I might give it another try sometime in the future.

Pretty good news. She was good in Glee. Looking forward to the show and hope everything does justice to my favourite superhero!
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Glee? Yawn. This will be more of the same.
    Don't dismiss it so readily, and quickly. Already have 4 DC shows, might be worth giving this a go too.

Yawn, man? That's a bit too disrespectful, I feel. Sure, write into CBS or whoever, and ask how it'd be, or Berlanti, how he expects it.

Don't like it, don't try it, or give it a go, then stop. And, if you do write, or e-mail, then maybe you'd know what went into casting Benoist.

Besides, more of the same what?

I am happy, and I hope this all works out, same with any other new shows from WB/DC.

Just keep in mind how much work gets put into this stuff before you say that, Flash Gordon.

Amazing Member

Flash is definitely my favorite on tv right now and I totally wasn't expecting to like it because I'm not a huge flash fan. But does anyone else get a smallville vibe when they watch it?

Anyway I don't know this actress but Im excited to see her as super girl! I'm psyched for the show

She is like EVERYGIRL USA,

a good, kind, wholesome, girl next door.

great choice.