Super Moderator

Default John Allison Revisits University Life in "Giant Days"

The "Scary Go Round" creator discusses bringing another webcomic to print in an all-new series showing the challenges of dorm life.

Full article here.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

This is great news. I actually emailed the writer a while ago saying how much I missed the cast of Giant Days and he said something vague about making time to go back to them again. I wonder if at that time this was in the works?

I am a HUGE fan of John Allison so am pumped that others will get the chance to see his work in a new format. He has an awesome British quirky humor so fi that appeals to you, give it a shot!

I just read this and was really impressed with the style. I love the art and the dialogue. I am unfamiliar of the history if Giant Days, this was my first exposure to it. How long a history does it have?

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

The immediate history, as alluded to in the comic, is the three previous issues of Giant Days. Each one of those arises from the three dramas that Esther created as described in the comic. All the characters appear in Giant Days only except Esther de Groot, the dramatist, who was a character in Scary Go Round. Giant Days only takes place in the English university but is set in the world of Tackleford, England, and that has a long and glorious history in Allison's web comics.

The Comic does a good job of capturing the wit of the original Giant Days in a comic book format. Allison's other work is always web comics so are written as daily installments while the comic is an extended format. I was very happy with it. The only change of note from the web comics is that an artist does the comic illustrations while Allison does all his own work on the web comic. But the artist captures the characters and Allison's vibe very well.

6 issues in and this is one amazing comic. Each issue is better than the last. Or it just seems that way because I love all the characters more and more with every issue. I never read slice-of-life stuff, but this is pretty exceptional.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

I love this book! It is just too funny!
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk