BANNED

Default How come Cyclops survived AXIS?

During the '30 Days of AXIS' teaser fest before the event started, we were teased with this gem: http://marvel.com/images/985976#0-985976

"Cyclops is a monster. You should thank me for ending him."

It's notable for being one of the only teasers that weren't included. What happened?

Did Bendis pull rank on Remender? Did Remender suddenly have a change of heart?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    During the '30 Days of AXIS' teaser fest before the event started, we were teased with this gem: http://marvel.com/images/985976#0-985976

It's notable for being one of the only teasers that weren't included. What happened?

Maybe they need some one to kill off in Secret Wars? He even has an evil brother to backstab him too now. Can't you read it now? E'Tu Havoc?
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

If anyone in the Summers family is dying soon, it will be Wasp. I'm calling it.

Plans changed, obviously. But you are ignoring a third option: whoever said that THOUGHT they killed Cyke, but really hadn't.

Regardless of what may or may not have happened it's pretty unlikely Scott would have actually been killed. It's probably just a random line someone threw out after fighting him.

BANNED

I think it's notable because, to my knowledge, it wasn't included at all.

I'm thinking Bendis overruled Remender, but obviously that's just speculation.

It probably was just one of many things that changed, and there's no really a reason for it besides maybe it didn't work for one reason or another. Comics can change a lot from outline/plot to finished page.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Plans changed, obviously. But you are ignoring a third option: whoever said that THOUGHT they killed Cyke, but really hadn't.
    That seems very plausible, and I thought the same thing when I first saw the teaser.

I think it's strange, because it was something significant enough to warrant a specific tease, yet thrown out.

It's a mystery.