View Poll Results: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch: Who's Your Daddy?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magneto

21 75.00%
  • High Evolutionary

4 14.29%
  • Other (speculate below)

3 10.71%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Default Uncanny Avengers #1 Preview

COUNTER-EVOLUTIONARY PART 1

• From the ashes of AXIS an all-new, all different Avengers assemble!

• The tragedy at the end of AXIS has left the Uncanny Avengers vulnerable, and someone is taking advantage of it.

One of the Avengers oldest foes returns with a terrible secret that will, all hyperbole aside, shatter the lives of two members of the squad.

• What is Counter-Earth? What terrible secrets does it house?

In these two particular pages, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch get called the dumpster babies they are and Quicksilver waxes poetic about his parentage.

Full Preview here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=25672

So if I'm reading between the lines correctly...

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are cast-off creations of the High Evolutionary.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 01-22-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are cast-off creations of the High Evolutionary.
    Using Inhuman material >:O
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Astonishing Member

i wish i could hope that they'd give use a "psyke!" and still have it be some form of mags connection

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Using Inhuman material >:O
    aside from the mandatory "too complicated"; why would HE go for kree-made knock-offs he considers are horrible deviation from the celestial plan?

eternal material perhaps?

This is going to hurt.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    This is going to hurt.
    It is. I'm deeply saddened by this. But I lived through OMD... I will press on and survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    It is. I'm deeply saddened by this. But I lived through OMD... I will press on and survive.
    Well, yeah, I won't stop breathing or anything like that, but ****, this sucks.

I'm interested in this series, if not the twins sudden retcon in terms of their history. The character mix is interesting, and I'm especially interested in seeing how Sabretooth and Rogue are used. Sounds like the latter will be the leader (or co-leader with Wanda) and the former will be the untrusted wild card.

BANNED

I'm relieved that they have Dr. Voodoo around to yank Wanda's leash whenever necessary.

Aughhhh. I really don't want to read this because I just know Rogue is going to be an emotionally constipated flying brick, yet ANXF made me a fan of Pietro and I'm curious what will happen to him. My heart hurts for you long-time Quicksilver fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Aughhhh. I really don't want to read this because I just know Rogue is going to be an emotionally constipated flying brick, yet ANXF made me a fan of Pietro and I'm curious what will happen to him. My heart hurts for you long-time Quicksilver fans
    *sniffle*
    hold me, plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    *sniffle*
    hold me, plz.

First Rogue's personality got butchered, then Pietro's heritage vanished, Gambit got punted into limbo, and the latest announcement says that the Ultimates universe is merging with 616...and nobody knows who is getting the axe. Now is not a good time to be a Marvel fan

As bad as this retcon is, I think rewriting Wanda so that Magneto actually mattered to her was even worse.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1 View Post
    As bad as this retcon is, I think rewriting Wanda so that Magneto actually mattered to her was even worse.
    Specially since she always bitched about him
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

dumptser babies..wow

How many others here have read "The Yesterday Quest" from Avengers #185, and the following two issues? I ask because in that mini, Pietro and Wanda learn more about their background, including that a mysterious powerful man who frightened their mother enough to shield them from him, was in fact, their father. In a subsequent letters page, the creators/editors talked about how the research for the story seemed to point to the fact that Magneto was their father. It was as if it was something that was preordained or something, and did not seem to be something that was planned in advance. I remember it because this new "revelation" just seems to fall so flat in comparison. The first was done because it made organic sense and this one seems to be undermining all of that, purely for shock value.

And no, not all change is bad. But change just for change sake is, and so is changing something that made perfect sense to begin with, had some deep connections to Marvel history, and set in motion lots of conflicts that reverberated for decades to come. Now, is there the chance this change will have the same impact? Yes. But it's unlikely.

Change the things that need changing. The ones that don't, please leave alone.