Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Echoing the current She-Hulk series.

Ditto for Kane.

Ditto for Gotham Central, or at least a better ending than tying into the greater DCU, as I recall (it's been a while since reading it)

Adding John Byrne's Hulk. Although the length of the series was fine, DC would've been a better place with an additional arc or two of Hitman.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    Although the length of the series was fine, DC would've been a better place with an additional arc or two of Hitman.
    There's a Section Eight mini coming this summer by Ennis and McCrea.

Amazing Member

There was a series in the 90's put out by DC called Major Bummer, by John Arcudi and Doug Mahnke. It was about a slacker idiot who accidentally got super powers, and it was utterly hilarious. In one issue, the villain was a Nazi T-Rex from another dimension. When they found out they were going to be cancelled, they made a brilliant time-travel story that told you a lot of stuff they were going to do with the book. It only made it to 15 issues, but Dark Horse published a collection not long ago and it's one of the funniest series I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    There was a series in the 90's put out by DC called Major Bummer, by John Arcudi and Doug Mahnke. It was about a slacker idiot who accidentally got super powers, and it was utterly hilarious. In one issue, the villain was a Nazi T-Rex from another dimension. When they found out they were going to be cancelled, they made a brilliant time-travel story that told you a lot of stuff they were going to do with the book. It only made it to 15 issues, but Dark Horse published a collection not long ago and it's one of the funniest series I've read.
    When the book landed at Dark Horse, Arcudi mentioned that he and Doug were going to return to it someday when Mahnke's DC exclusive was up. It's been years, though, so I don't know if that's still in the cards.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Ennis on Punisher MAX...my 6 HCs aren't quite enough

Roger Stern on ASM (wasn't able to finish his Hobgoblin arc until years later)

Len Wein's 70s Batman run (Wolfman had to finish off plot points)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    He recently wrote Punisher Max: Platoon that's going to be illustrated by Goran Parlov, which set to be released later this year. They also did Fury Max: My War Gone By that concluded in 2013.
    BB

I just want to bring up the new Klarion series
    All-New X-Factor
    Matt Fraction's run on Future Foundation
    Anima (yes, the one from the 1990s)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    There's a Section Eight mini coming this summer by Ennis and McCrea.
    I've learned you can't go home again. I may try it, but once something ends, vary rarely can a creative team recapture that magic.

Al Williamson's Flash Gordon.
    Al Williamson's Star Wars.
    Dave Stevens's Rocketeer
    Mark Schultz's Xenozoic Tales
    Byrne's X-Men
    Byrne's Fantastic Four
    O'Neil/Adams on Batman
    O'Neil/Adams on Green Lantern/Green Arrow
    Jose Luis Garcia Lopez on anything
    Frank Miller's Daredevil
    Alan Davis on Fantastic Four
    Brubaker's pre-death Captain America
    Geoff Johns on Green Lantern
    Geoff Johns's "Rebirth" Flash (Barry) series

ROM, Micronauts, Cerebus

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    I've learned you can't go home again. I may try it, but once something ends, vary rarely can a creative team recapture that magic.
    Ennis and McCrea have a pretty good track record returning to their properties, though. They did JLA/Hitman a few years after the series had ended, and they've returned to For a Few Troubles More/Dicks several times, improving that series with each new effort. Ennis also had a pretty good return to Hellblazer with "Son of Man", and his second Nick Fury mini, My War Gone By, was much, much better than his first.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Ennis and McCrea have a pretty good track record returning to their properties, though. They did JLA/Hitman a few years after the series had ended, and they've returned to For a Few Troubles More/Dicks several times, improving that series with each new effort. Ennis also had a pretty good return to Hellblazer with "Son of Man", and his second Nick Fury mini, My War Gone By, was much, much better than his first.
    I'm not sure if Son of Man was as good as his initial run.

My War Gone By was his third Fury mini.

This was the first one:

Peacemaker was the second one:
    Last edited by Billy Batson; 02-27-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    BB

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    He recently wrote Punisher Max: Platoon that's going to be illustrated by Goran Parlov, which set to be released later this year. They also did Fury Max: My War Gone By that concluded in 2013.
    Parlov just shared a page on FB recently:

10981161_10152527991142396_5126368634073903304_n.jpg

I'm 3 issues away from finishing Ennis' run on Punisher, from Welcome Back, Frank, through to the end of the MAX run. The MAX run is a whole different level and has really blown me away. More Punisher by Ennis has me really excited. I want to pick up Fury MAX now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I'm 3 issues away from finishing Ennis' run on Punisher, from Welcome Back, Frank, through to the end of the MAX run. The MAX run is a whole different level and has really blown me away. More Punisher by Ennis has me really excited. I want to pick up Fury MAX now, too.
    Fury Max: My War Gone By is in the same vein as his Punisher Max run, though more political.
    BB

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Ennis' Punisher MAX is one of my favorites runs ever. The five OHCs are the pride and joy of my collection. It's a shame that other writer spoilers:
    killed the character
    end of spoilers. It should have been Ennis.
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 02-28-2015 at 11:52 AM.